Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Cullum will get the club on the cheap.

Mr Cullum has be sent packing by Delia and Co. Why, we can only assume that he wouldn''t stump up the money that they felt their interests are worth. Cullum is keen to do this deal on the cheap. For himself and for the future of Norwich City I would guess. Less money paid more to spend on players.He clearly isn''t going to be dictated to. He is clearly in dispute as to the value of the club. Now, lets take it as read that if these negotiations did take place this week he must have offered more than £20m. If not then why get together in the first place Delia and Co had made it very clear that wasn''t going to be enough. So we have to assume he offered something between the £20m and whatever Delia and Co want, taking in to consideration that the figure of £56m is unlike to be asking price now. They must have be open to negotiation on that total. If not why bother getting together again.What I think you have to now take in to consideration is the state of the club and more importantly the squad / first team. It''s poor, very poor. Unless miracles happen I would say we are going to struggle. Cullum is well aware of this. He has in many fans eyes done a lot to try and help our club. The initial offer of £5m which we were not immediately privy to. Then £15m to be added to that and then the offer of £20m just recently, very publicly. This was followed by a surprising statement from the board seemingly over valuing the club. The pressure built on the Board very quickly and they had to release that by agreeing to meet Cullum for negotiation talks. A win, win scenario for Cullum. The pressure to negotiate was cleverly created by Cullum and his timing and use of the press. I very much doubt that the pressure the powers that be were under will be anything like the pressure that will follow a poor start to the season. We have been promised what we all want. Money for player. We had that snatch from us. In the words of a James song "If we hadn''t seen such riches we could live with being poor"Pressure will mount and mount quickly. Tempers will fray fast and the atmosphere will turn very nasty very quick if we fail this season as we have over the last three. The biggest problem for Delia now is, whether or not the offer was viable, we we''re all told we would have riches beyond our wildest dreams to spend on players. Only success on the field will ever make us forget that and Mr Cullum. Unless we do very well we will continue to want him and his riches he promised. He knows that and will in my view sit back and use us to do his bidding for him. And when we do his bidding Delia and Co will be knocking on his door. He will get the club on the cheap. At least what Delia thinks is cheep but she''ll be relieved to do it come the day.

why would Cullum offer to invest in something, own it and then watch it fail? he wants his new business venture to succeed so will do whatever it takes financially or otherwise to make it so.

Delia et al are clinging on with their fingernails....let go!!! let us live the dream!!

i just hope cullum comes back one day and does not walk away for ever,which i can see happening

[quote user="timncfc"]i just hope cullum comes back one day and does not walk away for ever,which i can see happening[/quote]He will come back but only when Delia is ready to accept his terms. Delia is trying to compete with the big boys now. She will fail and I think finally have to concede. Cullum will then get our club for the money he wants to spend and we will move forward.

[quote user="Canary4Ever"]I touched on this subject yesterday about Cullum geeting NCFC on the cheap- but when we in a lower division![/quote]Maybe but hopefully the pressure will tell before it''s to late. It may take time and Cullum will hold his nerve. But Delia and her ego will bow out with a whimper at some stage and we will have a chance to move forward again.

[quote user="timncfc"]i just hope cullum comes back one day and does not walk away for ever,which i can see happening[/quote]

Tim, I agree, let''s hope he doesn''t walk away forever, but could we really blame him if he did, and god forbid invest in another club, not likely but it could happen.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"] Cullum is keen to do this deal on the cheap. For himself and for the future of Norwich City I would guess. Less money paid more to spend on players. Now, lets take it as read that if these negotiations did take place this week he must have offered more than £20m. If not then why get together in the first place Delia and Co had made it very clear that wasn''t going to be enough. [/quote]These are where I think you are wrong in your assumptions:I think he''s refusing to up his offer not for the good of Norwich City, but for himself.  Wouldn''t getting Delia out of power now be worth Ameobi?I think the talks were insisted upon by Aviva rather than by Cullum upping his offer - the talks were over far to quick for there to have been any movement on either side.

Timncfc unless you are a shareholder I do not see that it is your Club.There have been several oportunities over the last ten years to buy shares in NCFC and by doing so supporting the team financially.

If you bought some shares you may rightly claim that it is your club and you may like the chance to support the team financially again. Most of us shareholders would like that chance. I see no reason why Peter Cullum has a prior claim over the rest of us.

I do not intend to sell Peter Cullum my few shares and I would be happy to invest in the club without having control again.... so what is the difference between Peter Cullum, myself and hundreds of other shareholders who own 35% of the Club. If we think well enough of the Club to support it without having control so should he!

Come on Peter Cullum turn over that spare £20 million to the Club because you love the Club not because you are a Control Freak or because you want to buy NCFC on the cheap! 

Just remember as well whatever price Delia accepts for her shares from Cullum, that''s the takeover price to the rest of the sharehoders. She wasn''t just negotiating for herself it was all shareholders including several posters on here who seem quite happy to chase her out of the club.

Bobert, Cullum probably knows as well as we do that if he hands over £20m without control, the plans for a multi-storey carpark behind the South Stand and a second tier on the City Stand would be brought forward within months.  Infrastructure always comes first with our board and it seems to be the main thing underpinning the £30 per share demand.  Funny that.....

[quote user="Bobert"]

Come on Peter Cullum turn over that spare £20 million to the Club because you love the Club not because you are a Control Freak or because you want to buy NCFC on the cheap! 

[/quote]If I was Peter Cullum I wouldnt want to turn over £20million of my own cash only for it to be inevitably misused by the cretins currently on the board. Another kitchen refit or office refurbishment, all "in the interest of the club" of course. No, PC wants the club in his control so he can make sure the investment is properly spent on the FOOTBALL. Something which we have been sorely lacking for the last decade.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

If I was Peter Cullum I wouldnt want to turn over £20million of my own cash only for it to be inevitably misused by the cretins currently on the board. Another kitchen refit or office refurbishment, all "in the interest of the club" of course. No, PC wants the club in his control so he can make sure the investment is properly spent on the FOOTBALL. Something which we have been sorely lacking for the last decade.
[/quote]

There is a financial type who posts on here who, when responding to the argument that Delia will get her money back and maybe more when she leaves, used to state that based on forward revenue/profit her shares are virtually worthless.  Since the Cullum business has blown up he`s been posting that based on land value/infrastructure/fixed assets (where all the Prem./Ashton money went basically) the demand of £30 per share is fair and reasonable.  Says it all really......

Bobert, regardless of what you say the club belongs to the fans ultimately, if we don''t attend and buy season tickets, memberships, shirts etc there wouldn''t be much of a club left to support.  So to pooh-pooh fans who might not have the finance to buy shares is really quite out of order.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Timncfc unless you are a shareholder I do not see that it is your Club.There have been several oportunities over the last ten years to buy shares in NCFC and by doing so supporting the team financially.

If you bought some shares you may rightly claim that it is your club and you may like the chance to support the team financially again. Most of us shareholders would like that chance. I see no reason why Peter Cullum has a prior claim over the rest of us.

I do not intend to sell Peter Cullum my few shares and I would be happy to invest in the club without having control again.... so what is the difference between Peter Cullum, myself and hundreds of other shareholders who own 35% of the Club. If we think well enough of the Club to support it without having control so should he!

[/quote]Did it ever occur to you he wanted control because he didnt want 20 mil spent on office upgrades ETC ?Who the feck would give 20 mil without wanting to say how its spent?We have seen what the current board think of investing in the team, they much preffer to spend money on more important things than the team !!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

If I was Peter Cullum I wouldnt want to turn over £20million of my own cash only for it to be inevitably misused by the cretins currently on the board. Another kitchen refit or office refurbishment, all "in the interest of the club" of course. No, PC wants the club in his control so he can make sure the investment is properly spent on the FOOTBALL. Something which we have been sorely lacking for the last decade.
[/quote]

There is a financial type who posts on here who, when responding to the argument that Delia will get her money back and maybe more when she leaves, used to state that based on forward revenue/profit her shares are virtually worthless.  Since the Cullum business has blown up he`s been posting that based on land value/infrastructure/fixed assets (where all the Prem./Ashton money went basically) the demand of £30 per share is fair and reasonable.  Says it all really......

[/quote]ummmmm...sounds like chase...great ground!!!! great facilitys!!!! poor team!!!!....WERE IS THE MONEY FOR TRANSFERS...I.E AS STATED ABOVE...ASHTON MONEY...PREM PAYMENTS????? WE SOLD EARNIE FOR WHAT WE BOUGHT HIM...WERE IS THAT £3.5MIL????UMMMM

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]ummmmm...sounds like chase...great ground!!!! great facilitys!!!! poor team!!!!....WERE IS THE MONEY FOR TRANSFERS...I.E AS STATED ABOVE...ASHTON MONEY...PREM PAYMENTS????? WE SOLD EARNIE FOR WHAT WE BOUGHT HIM...WERE IS THAT £3.5MIL????UMMMM[/quote]

has most of the earnie/ashton moneynot been swallowed up by debt already? im assuming thats where it went...

[quote user="Canary4Ever"]I touched on this subject yesterday about Cullum geeting NCFC on the cheap- but when we in a lower division![/quote]

Yep I think that Cullum knows we a screwed without his (or any for that matter) investment. And I can only agree with him. This is the reason he is bidding so low.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Yep I think that Cullum knows we a screwed without his (or any for that matter) investment. And I can only agree with him. This is the reason he is bidding so low.

[/quote]That actually worries me.  If I wanted the best for the club I support I wouldn''t send lawyers to meet ''on my behalf'' to just repeat "£20mil take it or leave it" until everyone wants to beat them to a pulp in frustration.

Maybe I''m just ignorant of business dealings, but I''d want it sorted ASAP.  Not sorted on a shoestring over the course of 2 years, pi$$ing off thousands of people along the way.

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

That actually worries me.

If I wanted the best for the club I support I wouldn''t send lawyers to meet ''on my behalf'' to just repeat "£20mil take it or leave it" until everyone wants to beat them to a pulp in frustration.

Maybe I''m just ignorant of business dealings, but I''d want it sorted ASAP.  Not sorted on a shoestring over the course of 2 years, pi$$ing off thousands of people along the way.
[/quote]apart from sighning hucks and getting in the prem for a season...what have we had to get excited about while DS has been in control?????

dont get me wrong the prem was a good exsperience...but apart from that....STRUGGLE STRUGGLE STRUGGLE!!!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

apart from sighning hucks and getting in the prem for a season...what have we had to get excited about while DS has been in control?????

dont get me wrong the prem was a good exsperience...but apart from that....STRUGGLE STRUGGLE STRUGGLE!!!!!

[/quote]We...erm...

We had the piss taken out of us on Soccer AM.We have a new campaign involving yellow coloured bins.We have fresh investment on the wa...no...forget that one.