Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Tireless!!!

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED11%20Jul%202008%2017%3A15%3A12%3A520

According to Mr Doncaster "all of the board had worked “tirelessly” to construct a deal with Mr Cullum"

Strange that, considering according to the EDP Thursday''s talks were "brief and fruitless." and last October''s talks were stop-start.

Mr Cullum called them friendly arm wrestling.

Tireless, my @r5e, futile yes.

I like the way the EDP are trying to mend their sorry part in this whole business with a list of questions at the end of the piece.

These questions should have been asked earlier.

[quote user="Neil Doncaster"]“Delia and Michael have only the very best interests of the club at

heart and I hope sincerely that the supporters will understand how much

they''ve tried to do to bring new cash into the club.”[/quote]He must have a nose like Pinocchio''s.How on earth this man gets away with spouting such obvious BS is beyond me.It should have read:“Delia and Michael have only the very best interests of themselves at

heart."Their "best efforts to bring in cash" have been - The Turners.  £2m.  Well done.No other club will ever have a true supporter and billionaire knock on its door and treat him so crappily.  It beggars belief.

It just comes across to me that the DEBT puts them in a position which them impossible to remove at a realistic price.They just want money for nothing in return bar a seat in the directors box, or in simple terms a very expensive season ticket!They are expecting Cullum to bail them out in the transfer window because they cant afford to and appealing to his nature as a fan to give them funds out of sympathy! Our only hope is that Mr Cullum is in such angry despair at the state the club is in, that he goes away raises the funds necessary and then buys them out lock stock and barrel. Leaving them to walk away in shame. He will be a true saviour of the club if he does this, otherwise, I see nothing ahead except a football club which is realistically not a fair purchase and  heading towards being a nice family run  League 1 club with  10,000 season ticket holders.Little old Norwich "Prudence with ambition" Maybe as a smaller club we will come across as more of a little country restaurant to come and visit??? 

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]It just comes across to me that the DEBT puts them in a position which them impossible to remove at a realistic price.

They just want money for nothing in return bar a seat in the directors box, or in simple terms a very expensive season ticket!

They are expecting Cullum to bail them out in the transfer window because they cant afford to and appealing to his nature as a fan to give them funds out of sympathy!

Our only hope is that Mr Cullum is in such angry despair at the state the club is in, that he goes away raises the funds necessary and then buys them out lock stock and barrel. Leaving them to walk away in shame.

He will be a true saviour of the club if he does this, otherwise, I see nothing ahead except a football club which is realistically not a fair purchase and  heading towards being a nice family run  League 1 club with  10,000 season ticket holders.

Little old Norwich "Prudence with ambition" Maybe as a smaller club we will come across as more of a little country restaurant to come and visit???

[/quote]

Another one sees the light!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

It should have read:

“Delia and Michael have only the very best interests of themselves at heart."

Their "best efforts to bring in cash" have been - The Turners.  £2m.  Well done.

No other club will ever have a true supporter and billionaire knock on its door and treat him so crappily.  It beggars belief.

[/quote]

And you have brought in precisely how much?

I cannot see how you call presenting the facts to a businessman and then the businessman admitting that he does not want to pay that much as "crappily" - if he wants control it costs £36m and anything above status quo costs more - Peter Cullum was not prepared to pay that - end of. Archant spun a massive web out of absolutely nothing.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]It just comes across to me that the DEBT puts them in a position which them impossible to remove at a realistic price.

They just want money for nothing in return bar a seat in the directors box, or in simple terms a very expensive season ticket!

They are expecting Cullum to bail them out in the transfer window because they cant afford to and appealing to his nature as a fan to give them funds out of sympathy!

Our only hope is that Mr Cullum is in such angry despair at the state the club is in, that he goes away raises the funds necessary and then buys them out lock stock and barrel. Leaving them to walk away in shame.

He will be a true saviour of the club if he does this, otherwise, I see nothing ahead except a football club which is realistically not a fair purchase and  heading towards being a nice family run  League 1 club with  10,000 season ticket holders.

Little old Norwich "Prudence with ambition" Maybe as a smaller club we will come across as more of a little country restaurant to come and visit???

[/quote]

What utter drivel!

The Board are not expecting Peter Cullum to bail them out - he is after a takeover on the cheap - buying £36m of assets for £20m which you retain as cash in the business.

Peter Cullum = Dick Turpin.

"raises the funds necessary and then buys them out lock stock and barrel. Leaving them to walk away in shame. " Legally to get control he has to do this, and he knows it but does not want to do it.

I know it is difficult to see anything when your head is stuck up your own backside but surely you have at least understood some of the things that have been said.

and did you not hear Doncasters " If you want to put money into the transfer fund, thats easy all you need to do is write a cheque" I read give us money for bugger all.I state once again to purchase 20 Million pounds of assets which then purchases a 16 Million debt is a joke. they are asking someone to pay 36 million for 20 million worth of investments. They are deluded and immovable.I suggest your head is so far up yours that you can almost see out your own mouth!

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It should have read:“Delia and Michael have only the very best interests of themselves at heart."Their "best efforts to bring in cash" have been - The Turners.  £2m.  Well done.No other club will ever have a true supporter and billionaire knock on its door and treat him so crappily.  It beggars belief.

[/quote]

[/quote]That''s a constructive line of argument.  Why, how much have you put in?  Could your dad beat up my dad?  Grow up, saddo.

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

I cannot see how you call presenting the facts to a businessman and then the businessman admitting that he does not want to pay that much as "crappily" - if he wants control it costs £36m and anything above status quo costs more - Peter Cullum was not prepared to pay that - end of. Archant spun a massive web out of absolutely nothing.

[/quote]Um...First they didn''t want to talk...and released a passive-aggressive £56m statementthen Aviva brokered talksThat''s the "treated crappily" bit, Einstein.And shall we start on Delia''s quotes about investment and how they want money in the club and aren''t interested in their own cash?  Well well well..Try again.

Unfortunately. "Tireless" to our Mr Doncaster, is when you leave your car in a certain estate in Norwich - and return to it later......only to find your axles are balancing on bricks.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED11%20Jul%202008%2017%3A15%3A12%3A520

According to Mr Doncaster "all of the board had worked “tirelessly” to construct a deal with Mr Cullum"

Strange that, considering according to the EDP Thursday''s talks were "brief and fruitless." and last October''s talks were stop-start.

Mr Cullum called them friendly arm wrestling.

Tireless, my @r5e, futile yes.

I like the way the EDP are trying to mend their sorry part in this whole business with a list of questions at the end of the piece.

These questions should have been asked earlier.

[/quote]

lol this is Mr D we are discussing, so why you are suprised that the king of spin has made this statement I will never know  [:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

It should have read:

Their "best efforts to bring in cash" have been - The Turners.  £2m.  Well done.

No other club will ever have a true supporter and billionaire knock on its door and treat him so crappily.  It beggars belief.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s a constructive line of argument.  Why, how much have you put in?  Could your dad beat up my dad?  Grow up, saddo.

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

[/quote]

Um...
First they didn''t want to talk...
and released a passive-aggressive £56m statement
then Aviva brokered talks

That''s the "treated crappily" bit, Einstein.

And shall we start on Delia''s quotes about investment and how they want money in the club and aren''t interested in their own cash?  Well well well..

Try again.

[/quote]

To answer point 1 - am a shareholder in the club and as such would not want to have to surrender my shares because someone cannot agree to take a smaller stake than a "controlling one" and the offer of new shares would dilute the value of the ones I have purchased. The club needs cash the Smiths have obtained £2m from the Turners - at no point has it been said that the Smith shareholding is the stumbling block - it is that to take control it is "all or nothing" and if all accept then the £20m cash will disappear.

The task is to find an investor who wishes to put money in without going above the 29% threshold for a full takeover - if you''re so clever you find them.

Point 2 - I don''t think that they did not want to talk but the onus was on the bidder to pick up the phone. The staement was amongst all the tosh a simple statement of facts but don''t let that get in the way of your fiction - who knows who brokered the talks and whether it actually got to the bit about the price of Delais shares as the price she sells at will be the price that all will be offered - I''m sure the small shareholders would be happy with 50p a share that you are advocating.

[quote user="sxcanaree"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

It should have read:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s a constructive line of argument.  Why, how much have you put in?  Could your dad beat up my dad?  Grow up, saddo.

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

[/quote]

Um...

And shall we start on Delia''s quotes about investment and how they want money in the club and aren''t interested in their own cash?  Well well well..

Try again.

[/quote]

To answer point 1 - am a shareholder in the club and as such would not want to have to surrender my shares because someone cannot agree to take a smaller stake than a "controlling one" and the offer of new shares would dilute the value of the ones I have purchased. The club needs cash the Smiths have obtained £2m from the Turners - at no point has it been said that the Smith shareholding is the stumbling block - it is that to take control it is "all or nothing" and if all accept then the £20m cash will disappear.

The task is to find an investor who wishes to put money in without going above the 29% threshold for a full takeover - if you''re so clever you find them.

Point 2 - I don''t think that they did not want to talk but the onus was on the bidder to pick up the phone. The staement was amongst all the tosh a simple statement of facts but don''t let that get in the way of your fiction - who knows who brokered the talks and whether it actually got to the bit about the price of Delais shares as the price she sells at will be the price that all will be offered - I''m sure the small shareholders would be happy with 50p a share that you are advocating.

[/quote]

I do wonder if you would be quite so pro if you weren''t a shareholder?  Not a pop at you, just a simple honest question.

I don''t think any fan has said that the shareholders shouldn''t get what their shares are worth, I for one think a fair deal should be done for all concerned. 

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

[/quote]

What utter drivel!

The Board are not expecting Peter Cullum to bail them out - he is after a takeover on the cheap - buying £36m of assets for £20m which you retain as cash in the business.

Peter Cullum = Dick Turpin.

"raises the funds necessary and then buys them out lock stock and barrel. Leaving them to walk away in shame. " Legally to get control he has to do this, and he knows it but does not want to do it.

I know it is difficult to see anything when your head is stuck up your own backside but surely you have at least understood some of the things that have been said.

[/quote]

How do you arrive at £36m of assets? I make £16m of shares minus £20m of debt = -£4m

So £20m cash for a company with £4m negative equity dont sound too bad does it?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="sxcanaree"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

It should have read:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

[/quote]

Um...

Try again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I do wonder if you would be quite so pro if you weren''t a shareholder?  Not a pop at you, just a simple honest question.

I don''t think any fan has said that the shareholders shouldn''t get what their shares are worth, I for one think a fair deal should be done for all concerned. 

[/quote]

Personally, I am a shareholder. Only in a very small way though (20 shares).

I purchased them to have an interest in my team and have the ability to have a say at meetings if I felt so inclined.

I did not purchase them for any prospective financial gain. Quite the opposite in fact, as I have always viewed the shares as virtually worthless.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="sxcanaree"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

It should have read:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

[/quote]

Um...

Try again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally, I am a shareholder. Only in a very small way though (20 shares).

I purchased them to have an interest in my team and have the ability to have a say at meetings if I felt so inclined.

I did not purchase them for any prospective financial gain. Quite the opposite in fact, as I have always viewed the shares as virtually worthless.

[/quote]

So would you happily give them away for nothing.  I bet you answer yes I would.  What if you had a 100,000 that cost you between £7 & £9m, would you just give them away then.

This is the big problem with all these so called self righteous people who expect Delia to walk away with nothing.  It is a hell of a lot of money.  It is only fair that she gets a fair price.

Then maybe Delia should keep her big mouth shut and not go mouthing off that she does not want money for her shares just somebody who will put money in the team , if you can find another idiot like me they can have the club .Bottom line is shes greedy and does not want to let go even if it means getting us relegated.Shes a disgrace .

CaptnCanary wrote the following :

How do you arrive at £36m of assets? I make £16m of shares minus £20m of debt = -£4m

The Assets of the club are £36m - effectively covered by £20m of securitised debt and £16m in shares.

The problem is that to buy the shares you do not pay the club you pay the shareholders and this is what it is alleged Peter Cullum was not prepared to do.

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

CaptnCanary wrote the following :

The Assets of the club are £36m - effectively covered by £20m of securitised debt and £16m in shares.

The problem is that to buy the shares you do not pay the club you pay the shareholders and this is what it is alleged Peter Cullum was not prepared to do.

[/quote]

Shares go up and down like a wh*re''s drawers.....You take a chance with shares.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Shares go up and down like a wh*re''s drawers.....You take a chance with shares.

[/quote]And with wh*res!

Too right mate she is a DISGRACE, she''s dug herself one big hole though now, Cullum never said he wanted the whole club you stupid woman he only wanted your shares to be in control as he like me doesn''t trust you idiots with all the money, roll on 1st home game so about 10,000 fans can tell you what we think of you now, do a deal so we can move the club forward, don''t hang on so we get relegated oh sorry i forgot thats ok just as long as your still in charge, DELIA OUT!!!!!!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Then maybe Delia should keep her big mouth shut and not go mouthing off that she does not want money for her shares just somebody who will put money in the team , if you can find another idiot like me they can have the club .Bottom line is shes greedy and does not want to let go even if it means getting us relegated.Shes a disgrace .[/quote]Do you mean her statement about not being interested in money? The exact wording of that statement was about that she wouldn''t sell if the buyer wasn''t good for the club,  not for any price.  It was not saying that she would give her shares away if someone could move the club forward.  If it was the second one she would have said it more plainly, because it would be better PR.But I suppose it is perfectly reasonable to blame someone for a misinterpretion of one of their statements however.So she''s greedy and evil and hates us and is a witch, FACT, she weighs the same as a duck BURN HER!!!!!!!!

[quote user="steve o"]Too right mate she is a DISGRACE, she''s dug herself one big hole though now, Cullum never said he wanted the whole club you stupid woman he only wanted your shares to be in control as he like me doesn''t trust you idiots with all the money, roll on 1st home game so about 10,000 fans can tell you what we think of you now, do a deal so we can move the club forward, don''t hang on so we get relegated oh sorry i forgot thats ok just as long as your still in charge, DELIA OUT!!!!!![/quote]The only way to get rid of Delia is for someone to buy her shares.   Oh Right, thats what she wants to happen.Its quite clear that Delia wants out completely and Cullum wants her to stay on.  So we must hound her out!

The thread may be titled ''Tireless'', but that couldn''t be further from the truth for me.  I''m sick and tired of the speculation, hate and constant page upon page of nonsense posted about the deal.

Maybe that''s their intention.  Bore us until we''re near to jabbing our eyes out with Blue Riband wrappers then spring a SUPRISE BUYOUT ANNOUNCMENT THIS FRIDAY IN THE EDP.Those sneaky scamps want us to worry/stress/suffer heart attacks so the victory of transfer funds is even sweeter (through our I.V drips).