Sign in to follow this  
canarysi

An analogy for you!

Let''s say a person owns a large house and staying in it they have some lodgers.

Now, suppose a rich man comes along and says to the owner "I''ll give you £20k to refurbish the house but in return I want to own the whole property."

Not unreasonably, the owner says "Hang on, the £20k to refurbish the house is great, but the house is worth £56k - if you want to own it you can''t just buy the furniture you have to pay for the whole house!"

Then suppose the prospective buyer goes to the lodgers and says "Look at your mean old landlord, I''ve got YOUR interests at heart and only want to make things better for you."

Do you think in those circumstances it''s reasonable for the lodgers to turn on the landlord, or isn''t it fair for the property owner to get a fair value for the house?

For what it''s worth, I believe a fair price has to be reached for the whole package, and using the media and fans - whoops, the lodgers - to influence the deal would be an underhand and cheap trick.

OTBC

But with the damp, crumbling walls, flaking paint and great big holes in the roof, is the house really worth £56K?

[quote user="Dionysus"]But with the damp, crumbling walls, flaking paint and great big holes in the roof, is the house really worth £56K?[/quote]And if that £56K includes £9k that the current owners had already said they never expected to see again...and £16K of mortgage that you believe you could refinance without needing to repay instantly...Then why are they asking £56k?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Dionysus"]But with the damp, crumbling walls, flaking paint and great big holes in the roof, is the house really worth £56K?[/quote]And if that £56K includes £9k that the current owners had already said they never expected to see again...and £16K of mortgage that you believe you could refinance without needing to repay instantly...Then why are they asking £56k?[/quote]And as he''s said he wants majority control but to keep the current owners in place, he''s not trying to buy the whole thing.  Which makes the "you must buy everything" approach even more silly.

A very good analogy ,but most of the members on this site think we live in cuba ,with cullum being the saviour of the world ,hes no better then then that evans bloke down the rd ,he is in it to make money and lucky enough our owners can see this ,how else has he made in money by being a gent ,no hes a tw£t ,if he loves the club so much why not give us 5 mill (he wont because hes an arse) .

What goes on if he did buy the club in 2 years time when we are still in this league (like wolves after 60 mill) as he has said him self he wont pump no more money in the club ,so think its time to grow up and stop slateing delia and co and get behind our club

OTBC

[quote user="xyz"]

A very good analogy ,but most of the members on this site think we live in cuba ,with cullum being the saviour of the world ,hes no better then then that evans bloke down the rd ,he is in it to make money and lucky enough our owners can see this ,how else has he made in money by being a gent ,no hes a tw£t ,if he loves the club so much why not give us 5 mill (he wont because hes an arse) .

What goes on if he did buy the club in 2 years time when we are still in this league (like wolves after 60 mill) as he has said him self he wont pump no more money in the club ,so think its time to grow up and stop slateing delia and co and get behind our club

OTBC

[/quote]Seems like Doncaster''s decided to release his winged monkeys again.....

Since when have they been asking for 56k Chops?I do believe the quote given by the club included, a) the 20k stated for player investment and b) the loans - which by my understanding HAVE to be included by law (whether they can be re-arranged is neither here nor there). And frankly, when Cullum has the wealth and business knowledge he does, you have to wonder if he was ever serious about taking over the club if he wasn''t prepared to make the shareholders any offer at all. Of course, I expect you knew that seeing as it''s apparent you just like to stir things up.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="xyz"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Seems like Doncaster''s decided to release his winged monkeys again.....

[/quote]

Never a truer word, spoken in jest.....[^o)]

To me it seems like some of the buffons have escaped from the zoo and got hold of a laptop ,i got a good idea mister chops why not go and hand your season ticket back and go watch kings lynn or wroxham if you think things are so bad its things like you that make me sick ,i would of loved some sugar daddy in the the club and im sure delia and co would as well but dont slate her for not giving the club away for fook all

[quote user="canarysi"]

Let''s say a person owns a large house and staying in it they have some lodgers.

Now, suppose a rich man comes along and says to the owner "I''ll give you £20k to refurbish the house but in return I want to own the whole property."

Not unreasonably, the owner says "Hang on, the £20k to refurbish the house is great, but the house is worth £56k - if you want to own it you can''t just buy the furniture you have to pay for the whole house!"

Then suppose the prospective buyer goes to the lodgers and says "Look at your mean old landlord, I''ve got YOUR interests at heart and only want to make things better for you."

Do you think in those circumstances it''s reasonable for the lodgers to turn on the landlord, or isn''t it fair for the property owner to get a fair value for the house?

For what it''s worth, I believe a fair price has to be reached for the whole package, and using the media and fans - whoops, the lodgers - to influence the deal would be an underhand and cheap trick.

OTBC

[/quote]

Almost.  But you forget that the bloke said I am not interested in paying off your mortgage, I just want the lions share, 2/3rds should do it.  Why dont you give me that bit for nothing and just write off everything you have put in so far.

And there is no damp or flaking paint.  Everything is in pretty good shape with the exception of the garden, which these days is just a side show to the rest anyway.

(What a ridiculous post, makes no sense to me..)

I also think that the price for the club and what is perceived is being asked for isnt a straight price of £56mThe amount quoted is when the initial  investment ( or thereabouts) is repaid 9 and why should the directors be entitled to that. the loans are repaid to one and all and the debt that  has to be financed.  This may then come close to the amount required to secure the clubi am very unhappy that PC seems to "playing" with the club , eliciting supporters help for him to get something on the cheap  he will pretty it up and sell on  Buyer beware

Yep, that''s entirely right Mello. Anybody who doesn''t see things in black and white, or aren''t capable or formulating such a tremendously sure argument based on little factual knowledge like you geniuses must be one of the club''s lackeys.Many a cliche, spoken by fools perhaps?

[quote user="xyz"]

To me it seems like some of the buffons have escaped from the zoo and got hold of a laptop ,i got a good idea mister chops why not go and hand your season ticket back and go watch kings lynn or wroxham if you think things are so bad its things like you that make me sick ,i would of loved some sugar daddy in the the club and im sure delia and co would as well but dont slate her for not giving the club away for fook all

[/quote]

Erm what''s a buffon?  Is it French maybe?  Seriously I really don''t know what one is, I have looked in the dictionary and can''t find it anywhere, or is it a new-age word that youngsters use?

You never heard of a buffon before ,now that surpises me !!!!!!! and thank you i enjoy being called young .

Some else that rattles my cage is why do you all think its your club for all we do is pay the £360 a year and buy a pint and a pie each game .

We support this great club and it gets me when fools think they can do better maybe you can sell your house or car and give the money to the club for a place on the board then maybe you can call it your club

otbc

If the 20k investment made the 56k house worth closer too 100k in the near future by fixing the problems with it and had it competing with the top 20 houses in the country, then selling a majority stake in the house makes sense really. If you think I could have a smaller stake in my house thats worth more than the original whole lot ( clearly that would be a gamble though ).

There''s a difference between selling a majority stake in the house, and giving it away though isn''t there?

He was referring to the fact that the word is BUFFOON.

[quote user="xyz"]

You never heard of a buffon before ,now that surpises me !!!!!!! and thank you i enjoy being called young .

Some else that rattles my cage is why do you all think its your club for all we do is pay the £360 a year and buy a pint and a pie each game .

We support this great club and it gets me when fools think they can do better maybe you can sell your house or car and give the money to the club for a place on the board then maybe you can call it your club

otbc

[/quote]

Oh for god sake this is childish.  But to argue against this knuckle dragging rubbish, here is an alternate version.The person owns a large house.  It was not worth much but she invested in doing it up by selling off the land that the previous owner had bought and by making a nice kitchen.  That kept the lodgers happy for a time, it was safe and warm and the food was lovely.  But recently the lodgers have been asking why such a nice house resides in such a nasty neighbourhood when most of the other nice houses are in the nice part of town.  Should''nt we move there instead?  They also wonder why the house is so lovely yet the garden has been totally neglected and is full of weeds rather than beautiful flowers.Then a rich man comes along and says I will give you 20 K to refurbish the garden, the bit everyone sees,  but in return I want to own the whole house.  You can stay on as a prominent tenant of course.  Think of it as a sale and rent back, you get to stay in the house you cannot afford to improve, the other tenants get a nicer garden.The tenants waited expectantly, the owner had told them time after time that she did it for the love of the house, garden and them - not for the money or to keep an ever strengthening grip on owning a nice house in  a poor neighbourhood.  So with a bid of bargaining the expected her to sell up.   After all, she bought the house for peanuts and would make more than she bought it for.But the owner insisted on the highest estate agent valuation of 56K, way above what most of the estate agents valued it at.  And she insisted that the mortgage of 16k had to be paid off rather than a remo being done.Some of the tenants stand around scratching their heads.  She bought the house for 9K, it has a 16K mortgage and she wants 56K for it?  How can this be?

[quote user="canarysi"]

Let''s say a person owns a large house and staying in it they have some lodgers.Now, suppose a rich man comes along and says to the owner "I''ll give you £20k to refurbish the house but in return I want to own the whole property."Not unreasonably, the owner says "Hang on, the £20k to refurbish the house is great, but the house is worth £56k - if you want to own it you can''t just buy the furniture you have to pay for the whole house!"Then suppose the prospective buyer goes to the lodgers and says "Look at your mean old landlord, I''ve got YOUR interests at heart and only want to make things better for you."Do you think in those circumstances it''s reasonable for the lodgers to turn on the landlord, or isn''t it fair for the property owner to get a fair value for the house?For what it''s worth, I believe a fair price has to be reached for the whole package, and using the media and fans - whoops, the lodgers - to influence the deal would be an underhand and cheap trick.OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="xyz"]

[/quote]Phhht.So your argument is that I should "enjoy" the football (I have endured it for the last few years) without questioning the way the club is being run.Oh my.Fly, winged monkey, fly!

[quote user="xyz"]

otbc

[/quote]

Guardian article from February 2007"We are not going to sell to a foreign investor, ever," she said,

adding that after more than 10 years as a director at Carrow Road she

has realised that "the supporters really are the ones who own the club".

Mmm, childish and knuckle dragging.... an interesting and constructive view point.  If that''s your reaction to anyone who disagrees with your view there''s really no point pursuing this.

I was interested to float the analogy and see what people think, I suppose polite and reasoned conversation was a tad optimistic.

All I''ll say is that those of you who are turning on Delia and Michael WJ should hang your heads in shame.  They spent a lot of their own money in turning this club around after the Chase era and have helped to create a stable and well run club with a good national profile and excellent facilities.  I for one believe that if the deal was right for the club then Delia and MWJ would go for it, until then I trust them to do what''s best.

I consider loyalty to be an important virtue, maybe I''m just a bit old fashioned.

OTBC

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]There''s a difference between selling a majority stake in the house, and giving it away though isn''t there?[/quote]Depends if the previous owner wanted anything from the sale...Independent 2002

The couple invested pounds 1m in 1996 to bail out Norwich and take

seats on the board. Two years later, they upped their investment to

about pounds 3.5m, buying 61 per cent control. "We knew we''d never see

the money again, so we asked each other if there was anything we''d

rather do with it. And we said no, Norwich was the greatest passion of

our lives and we wanted to help."

Mirror 2008

Delia

admitted: "It''s mad, but I don''t regret it. The money is probably lost

but all we want is for our club to be successful. What else could we

have done with the money that meant so much?
"

This analogy''s starting to look pretty wafer thin.

[quote user="canarysi"]

All I''ll say is that those of you who are turning on Delia and Michael WJ should hang your heads in shame.  They spent a lot of their own money in turning this club around after the Chase era and have helped to create a stable and well run club with a good national profile and excellent facilities.  I for one believe that if the deal was right for the club then Delia and MWJ would go for it, until then I trust them to do what''s best.

[/quote]

Yes, there''s a reasoned and constructive viewpoint.Smithers... release the hounds...

You created an analogy - I replied with another analogy.  That is contructive despite the fact I think the point you were trying to make with it was ludicrous.  Lighten up.[quote user="canarysi"]

Mmm, childish and knuckle dragging.... an interesting and constructive view point.  If that''s your reaction to anyone who disagrees with your view there''s really no point pursuing this.

I was interested to float the analogy and see what people think, I suppose polite and reasoned conversation was a tad optimistic.

I consider loyalty to be an important virtue, maybe I''m just a bit old fashioned.

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="canarysi"]

OTBC

[/quote]

OTBC....."I''d be loyal and virtuous, and dreadfully old-fashioned if I was on £170,000+ a year plus pension, plus Eventguard etc"..... Sorry, you are the Chief Exec aren''t you?  My apologies if you''re not. But - you actually do sound a writey an'' soundy likey....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="xyz"]

[/quote]Phhht.So your argument is that I should "enjoy" the football (I have endured it for the last few years) without questioning the way the club is being run.Oh my.Fly, winged monkey, fly![/quote]There is a ton of difference between questioning what s going on and those blatantly flying the Dela out flag  They no more than anybody else but think the remedy is simple Just change the board  it sactually shows how little they know no how muchHow many posters giving Delia stick have given away their major assest  to a more deserving cause in the last 10 years   Anybody given up the deeds of their house to a homeless person  I doubt it very muchMost imo are behaving like spoilt children  " i want" with no rational arguement to support what they sayRant over

[quote user="KenBrown"]How many posters giving Delia stick have given away their major assest  to a more deserving cause in the last 10 years   Anybody given up the deeds of their house to a homeless person  I doubt it very much[/quote]Now here''s a cracking analogy!Ken Brown - senior, I assume.If Delia has put this money into the club as a gift which she does not expect a return on, why is the club valued as highly as it is for Cullum''s purposes?Delia has given the club nothing, it would appear.  It''s all secured and tied up in shares and now she wants her money back on it - contradicting her frequent statements in the press.So your analogy is bankrupt, old son.  Run along.