Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Lets start a petition!

Lets have a bit of fan power! We got rid of Chase and we prospered. We got rid of Worthington and we did even better. Who knows what hights we can reach by further disruption. Being divisive has got us where we are today. If we forget this we may be doomed to an enjoyable season!

Roll on the protests. let''s boo the players, the board, other fans that just want to enjoy the football. I can''t wait - another season ruined by the brainless.

Anser these questions yes or no.Do you think Chase should have stayed?Do you think Worthington had run out of ideas?Do you think we will se the Premiership with our current board?Roeder is right (and Grant before him) and Dion said it as well - this club, its fans need to be more bloody ruthless, stop being so nice and stop taking crap.  We want results, we want investment we want passionate people speaking on our behalfs rather than hiding for weeks on end, we want permiership football.Coming out with stuff like this is pandering to the have a nice clap on a saturday afternoon ethos.

[quote user="Badger"]

Lets have a bit of fan power! We got rid of Chase and we prospered. We got rid of Worthington and we did even better. Who knows what hights we can reach by further disruption. Being divisive has got us where we are today. If we forget this we may be doomed to an enjoyable season!

Roll on the protests. let''s boo the players, the board, other fans that just want to enjoy the football. I can''t wait - another season ruined by the brainless.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]
Anser these questions yes or no.

Do you think Chase should have stayed?
Do you think Worthington had run out of ideas?
Do you think we will se the Premiership with our current board?

Roeder is right (and Grant before him) and Dion said it as well - this club, its fans need to be more bloody ruthless, stop being so nice and stop taking crap.  We want results, we want investment we want passionate people speaking on our behalfs rather than hiding for weeks on end, we want permiership football.

Coming out with stuff like this is pandering to the have a nice clap on a saturday afternoon ethos.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote][/quote]

lol at least it isn''t they have clap [:D]

[quote user="Badger"]

other fans that just want to enjoy the football.[/quote]

Although if we were enjoying the football these past few years we wouldn''t be in this situation now.

[quote user="JC"]

Roeder is right (and Grant before him) and Dion said it as well - this club, its fans need to be more bloody ruthless, stop being so nice and stop taking crap.  We want results, we want investment we want passionate people speaking on our behalfs rather than hiding for weeks on end, we want permiership football.

Coming out with stuff like this is pandering to the have a nice clap on a saturday afternoon ethos.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote][/quote]

How about you answering a question first - did any of it work?

Did getting rid of any of the people quoted catapult us into the premiersip elite (or even the championship elite?)

Where did it get us? HERE - mediocre, divided and dreading the season before it even starts. Oh well done you brave group of pioneers campaaigning fearlessly for Father Christmas!

[quote user="lurker"]i would rather sit quietly sucking my worthers and watch us slide into league 1 than rock the boat[/quote]

Hve you ever considered that rocking the boat might be what causes it to sink? It''s your metaphor - explain to me how rocking the boat helps it move forward quickly becuase I don''t know.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

and to think I signed that petition against Badger baiting, excuse me whilst I just go back and cross it off...

And no, putting up with years of lack of investment despite shelling out for our season tickets is what got us to where we are today.

Roll on the protests - let''s boo the board, Delia, Doomcaster, get rid of them so we can have some players of our own that we can cheer, so that we can start to enjoy our football and be proud of NCFC again, instead of allowing the club to be run into the ground by those who care more about themselves and are able to easily fool the brainless year after year it would appear.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]Much as this is very funny, it seems to be suggesting that fans should just drop their trousers, bend over, and accept what they get with a smile, a nod of the head and a "right you are, my Lord."I think that''s a bit silly.

like many other posts on here at the moment you all turn against Delia and MWJ. but why not turn on doncaster for holding the purse strings or the turners for being worth millions and doing F all of any significance when it comes to investment or even the rest of the board. Delia maybe majority shareholder but she isnt the only share holder in the club. why dont you all go after them too???? that includes the public shareholders.

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]like many other posts on here at the moment you all turn against Delia and MWJ. but why not turn on doncaster for holding the purse strings or the turners for being worth millions and doing F all of any significance when it comes to investment or even the rest of the board. Delia maybe majority shareholder but she isnt the only share holder in the club. why dont you all go after them too???? that includes the public shareholders.[/quote]Oh, I''m sure someone has a prioritised list somewhere.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

Much as this is very funny, it seems to be suggesting that fans should just drop their trousers, bend over, and accept what they get with a smile, a nod of the head and a "right you are, my Lord."

I think that''s a bit silly.

[/quote]

Very thoughtful. Obviously a person of high intellect.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]great idea boo the players the board the tea lady and return everything you bought from the shop.

if you not happy then dont go to the games give someone else your ticket simple as that.

SO COME ON GET BEHIND OUR TEAM

COME ON YOU YELLOWS.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

and to think I signed that petition against Badger baiting, excuse me whilst I just go back and cross it off...

And no, putting up with years of lack of investment despite shelling out for our season tickets is what got us to where we are today.

Roll on the protests - let''s boo the board, Delia, Doomcaster, get rid of them so we can have some players of our own that we can cheer, so that we can start to enjoy our football and be proud of NCFC again, instead of allowing the club to be run into the ground by those who care more about themselves and are able to easily fool the brainless year after year it would appear.

[/quote]

The brainless are thoe that think that booing and protesting and signing petitions will work. It''s done us well so far hasn''t it? The more we protest, the more we disrupt the higher we climb. The evidence is there for all to see... isn''t it?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="JC"]

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote][/quote]

How about you answering a question first - did any of it work?

Did getting rid of any of the people quoted catapult us into the premiersip elite (or even the championship elite?)

Where did it get us? HERE - mediocre, divided and dreading the season before it even starts. Oh well done you brave group of pioneers campaaigning fearlessly for Father Christmas!

[/quote]

Yes and who got us HERE? Your darling bloody Delia! Lowest position for over 50 years-say no more!

Yes and who got us HERE? Your darling bloody Delia! Lowest position for over 50 years-say no more!

I think you will find we were relegated years before Delia came along - and well after the Chase protests. But hey, don''t let the truth spoil a good argument!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]Much as this is very funny, it seems to be suggesting that fans should just drop their trousers, bend over, and accept what they get with a smile, a nod of the head and a "right you are, my Lord."I think that''s a bit silly.[/quote]

Very thoughtful. Obviously a person of high intellect.

[/quote]You appear to be stuck in sarcasm gear.  Here''s a straight question - try answering in kind.Do you agree that NCFC supporters have a right to air their displeasure at the way the club has gone downhill in the last three years?

"Much as this is very funny, it seems to be suggesting that fans should just drop their trousers, bend over, and accept what they get with a smile, a nod of the head and a "right you are, my Lord."

Of course, you wouldn''t resort to sarcasm.

Three years? Do you mean the year we spent in the relegation zone? The decline is over a much longer period than that - try 14 or 15 years.

Straight answer - Yes they have a right to air their displeasure. However, I''d prefer it if they didn''t do it at the ground becuase their "right" to protest reduces the pleasure of many fans who have spent just as much money as they have to get in. I think it is selfish, immature and ill informed. I''m sure you disagree but it is a straight answer.

No straight question to you - try answering in kind - have the protests made us more successful?

[quote user="Badger"]

"Much as this is very funny, it seems to be suggesting that fans should just drop their trousers, bend over, and accept what they get with a smile, a nod of the head and a "right you are, my Lord."

Of course, you wouldn''t resort to sarcasm.

Three years? Do you mean the year we spent in the relegation zone? The decline is over a much longer period than that - try 14 or 15 years.

Straight answer - Yes they have a right to air their displeasure. However, I''d prefer it if they didn''t do it at the ground becuase their "right" to protest reduces the pleasure of many fans who have spent just as much money as they have to get in. I think it is selfish, immature and ill informed. I''m sure you disagree but it is a straight answer.

No straight question to you - try answering in kind - have the protests made us more successful?

[/quote]Actually, I agree with you.  While we''re in the ground, for the 90 minutes we get behind the team.  That''s why we go there. That''s what "supporter" means.Have the protests made us more successful?  Define successful.  They certainly haven''t helped us.  Still, we should accept that Worthy was given six months too long and Grant was a disastrous appointment.  This board seem oblivious to the errors they have made and the supporters have a right to show them how annoyed/displeased/angry they are.  We seem to differ on how that should be done.  Where I think we agree is that on match days, it''s about getting behind the team.

Do you agree that the board have made some fundamental errors of judgement?

"Have the protests made us more successful?  Define successful.  They certainly haven''t helped us.  Still, we should accept that Worthy was given six months too long and Grant was a disastrous appointment.  This board seem oblivious to the errors they have made and the supporters have a right to show them how annoyed/displeased/angry they are.  We seem to differ on how that should be done.  Where I think we agree is that on match days, it''s about getting behind the team.

Do you agree that the board have made some fundamental errors of judgement?"

Not quite sure that this is straight but we are moving towards a consensus of sorts. Clearly Grant was a disaster and this was a fundemental error of judgement - can''t argue with that. I remember a lot of fans saying that anyone would be better than Worthy though. I think that they have made mistakes but who hasn''t/ wouldn''t. I think that we could get far worse owners and there are plenty of examples to give. I really don''t accept the argument that the board are just in it to bleed the club of money and make a personal fortune. It really is a nonsense.

I would like us to have £20 million to spend on players just as much as any other fan but straight question - "are you not just a little suspicious of the Callum offer?"

[quote user="Badger"]

"Have the protests made us more successful?  Define successful.  They certainly haven''t helped us.  Still, we should accept that Worthy was given six months too long and Grant was a disastrous appointment.  This board seem oblivious to the errors they have made and the supporters have a right to show them how annoyed/displeased/angry they are.  We seem to differ on how that should be done.  Where I think we agree is that on match days, it''s about getting behind the team.Do you agree that the board have made some fundamental errors of judgement?"

Not quite sure that this is straight but we are moving towards a consensus of sorts. Clearly Grant was a disaster and this was a fundemental error of judgement - can''t argue with that. I remember a lot of fans saying that anyone would be better than Worthy though. I think that they have made mistakes but who hasn''t/ wouldn''t. I think that we could get far worse owners and there are plenty of examples to give. I really don''t accept the argument that the board are just in it to bleed the club of money and make a personal fortune. It really is a nonsense.

I would like us to have £20 million to spend on players just as much as any other fan but straight question - "are you not just a little suspicious of the Callum offer?"

[/quote]Yes, I am.  There''s something too fairytale about it - "and lo from the eastern counties came a mysterious stranger with bags of gold"... and I''m sure we''ll learn more as the days go by.What I struggle to reconcile is the board''s actions - from the aggressive "£56 million" press release and wall of silence - with the quotes from Delia Smith (see the Daily Mirror thread).  If Cullum isn''t entirely straight - and I don''t think you make billions by being a saint - then neither are the current lot.  Given the choice, I''d have the rich fibber over the poor fibber.Goodness, we''re exchanging ideas without throwing insults.  How refreshing.

[quote user="Badger"]

I think you will find we were relegated years before Delia came along - and well after the Chase protests. But hey, don''t let the truth spoil a good argument!

[/quote]

Who was running the club when we had our lowest position in over 50 years despite premiership parachute payments {which we didnt get under chase} sell out crowds and selling off the clubs best players? But then dont let facts get in the way eh!

"Given the choice, I''d have the rich fibber over the poor fibber."

I am more charitable in my opinion of the board than you (but accept that I have no irrefutable evidence that I am correct) but the rich/ poor thing is pretty crucial. The Smiths are not rich by football standards and their investment is probably a significant proportion of their personal wealth. It is not surprising that they want to get back at least what they put in. How much is that - I don''t know - the accounts are audited perhaps the EDP could do some real journalism and find out so we all better informed?

The offer of £20 million for players without reference to the cost of buying a majority shareholding clearly wasn''t going to be an acceptable offer - I wouldn''t take it nor would anyone else who had invested significant sums of money. Callum - a reported billionaire - could afford far more easily to buy at a few million over than the Smiths could afford to sell at a few million under.

The imbalance of wealth between the two suggests that if he really wanted it, he could get it. Even if the Smiths didn''t sell, he buy his way onto the board and demand the issue of new shares and force things into the open. The fact that he was not prepared to do so and resorted to the rabble-rousing £20million for new players approach suggest that he was trying to get it on the cheap.

Yes - it is refreshing to exchange ideas without insults!

[quote user="Badger"]Arthur - we were a mediocre championship side long before the Smiths came along.[/quote]

3 yaers before we were playing in europe mate. Lowest league position in 50 years was under them fact!

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]like many other posts on here at the moment you all turn against Delia and MWJ. but why not turn on doncaster for holding the purse strings or the turners for being worth millions and doing F all of any significance when it comes to investment or even the rest of the board. Delia maybe majority shareholder but she isnt the only share holder in the club. why dont you all go after them too???? that includes the public shareholders.
[/quote]

The Chief Exec in my ''personal'' opinion, is the crux of the problem. He is the deflector, protector and ''unofficial spokesperson'' for the Stowmarket two.

And, he has the nose of a weir pig.....Can''t tolerate the chap, so he must be doing something right.

[quote user="Badger"]

"Have the protests made us more successful?  Define successful.  They certainly haven''t helped us.  Still, we should accept that Worthy was given six months too long and Grant was a disastrous appointment.  This board seem oblivious to the errors they have made and the supporters have a right to show them how annoyed/displeased/angry they are.  We seem to differ on how that should be done.  Where I think we agree is that on match days, it''s about getting behind the team.

Do you agree that the board have made some fundamental errors of judgement?"

[/quote]

Why can''t we also, be suspicious of the NCFC board?.......One question, I notice your low post count, (welcome to the forum by the way) but, I''m just curious (and I''m sure there are many legitimate reasons) to why you (and quite a few ''Newbie'' others too) have suddenly started contributing your ''opinion''s regarding the present incumbents in control of Carra; and may I suggest also that you''re fully supportive of them?

It''s just that many critics of Cullum''s approach, state, "why hasn''t he contributed sooner?" Sorry to badger you, I''m just asking, why haven''t you contributed to this pink''un forum up until now?..... 

Oh, and not wishing to be pernickety - it''s ''fundamental''....

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

YEAH! Better still, why don''t we let Delia and the current Board remain in complete control at Carra......And let them start a perdition at the club?[:|]

Here''s an idea for those who are planning to demonstrate:There is some debate about whether this should be done during the upcoming friendlies or during the league games, and which will cause the least disruption to the team.  So the obvious alternative is to do it after the game, but this could also cause disruption to the fans and families leaving the stadium, presuming the crowd will for once be larger than one uggo and a can of special brew.  So how about staying in the ground after the game and just all chanting whatever you like - the board will certainly be able to hear you, those who do not take part will not be disrupted and the team won''t suffer on the pitch.  Good idea? Or will the stewards just come over all authoritarian and jobsworth and cause a riot?