Sign in to follow this  
Zinc Alloy

The Last Word

........I hope!!!!

None of us know ALL the facts about the potential takeover, as it should be,as it is a commercially sensitive and confidential negotiation. This means no one is in any position (other than those within the talks) that can truly judge either party, good or bad.

For the moment then, at least until 31 August when we can truly assess the newly built squad, our efforts should be in backing the Team and Glenn in getting early season wins and urging the best possible signings with whatever money is around.

Glenn is back in his office this week and back at Colney where he can put a renewed focus on capturing some additional and appropriate talent.

So, until we know more, which we will eventually, let''s forget the investment talk and the ''slagging off ''of people on both sides of the negotiations and concentrate in a positive way to building up for Glenn''s first full season!

[quote user="Zinc Alloy"]

........I hope!!!!

None of us know ALL the facts about the potential takeover, as it should be,as it is a commercially sensitive and confidential negotiation. This means no one is in any position (other than those within the talks) that can truly judge either party, good or bad.

For the moment then, at least until 31 August when we can truly assess the newly built squad, our efforts should be in backing the Team and Glenn in getting early season wins and urging the best possible signings with whatever money is around.

Glenn is back in his office this week and back at Colney where he can put a renewed focus on capturing some additional and appropriate talent.

So, until we know more, which we will eventually, let''s forget the investment talk and the ''slagging off ''of people on both sides of the negotiations and concentrate in a positive way to building up for Glenn''s first full season!

[/quote]

I''ll always back the team Zinc, but never Smith and bloody Jones, thats a bridge too far me, the fight goes on, sorry.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Zinc Alloy"]

........I hope!!!!

[/quote]

I''ll always back the team Zinc, but never Smith and bloody Jones, thats a bridge too far me, the fight goes on, sorry.

[/quote]

Me, I''ve had the last word.

I agree, but if you think people will stop stropping about you are surely mistaken.  It makes absolutely no difference whether Cullum''s offer was fair or decent, whether it was good news or not for NCFC, those who "post loudest" have decided and that''s it.  I''m still somewhat undecided - too much bull is being spoken and too much haze rests around it all for any of us to have made anything other than a keejerk response, but for some it seems Christmas has come and gone and they didn''t get the toys they were after....so each and every post will say much the same thing and nothing will change their minds. 

Indeed, for some reason I can well imagine that is pretty much as Cullum seems to have wanted it: it wouldn''t take a child to imagine what sort of thing was going happen given the article he almost wrote for himself last week, so for a person who has amassed a £1.7bn fortune, I can well imagine he knew precisely what he was doing.  It is the certainly the most ''hostile'' way that you can do a ''friendly'' offer to buy something, that''s for sure - and  quite why any true supporter would want to put their club and its supporters through such a treadmill is beyond me.

Yep, fair enough all of you. I am not disagreeing with any of you, they are all valid views and opinions. All I am saying is that until we know more of this saga, which we will over the coming weeks and months, I just think the majority of our thoughts and effort should be towards backing the Team and GR-at least until 31 August. On that date, for the first time in a long time, we will have some REAL facts to make judgements. We will know just how much was spent and on what level of talent and of course, half a dozen or so league results to assess.   

Here''s to some quality signings!!