Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Give Cooper a contract

A lot has been made quite rightly so of the Huckerby influence , but how about Colin Cooper - Norwich were definately wobbling when he arrived and Henderson was looking completely out of confidence on the right hand side . Enter Colin Cooper in second half v Palace and we haven''t looked back . In fact we have won every game since Palace and he has done a lot to calm the midfiled down , with his neat incisive passing - all of a sudden we began to play football again and score goals! His contribution to Francis goal on saturday was typical of his skill level which will be needed next year . He can shoot , go past defenders and pass - Well done to him for his big contribution to keep us on the right road.

Give Cooper a contract and soon before another club realises the difference he has made.

It''s not just a case of giving him a contract though. Do Wolves definitely want to sell him? If they had stayed up I''d have said yes. But Cooper might be the type of 1st Division player they need. Some of their current stars might be snapped up and as Coop has done so well here they might be thinking of getting him back. Also what kind of fee will be involved. As Woves know they don''t have to sell him, that we''ve just got our hands on a shed load of cash and that he''s done well they might try and up the price of him. Seeing him in the last few games has convinced me that he could possibly do a job in the Prem for us, perhaps as a squad player though. However, having said this I wouldn''t want us to fork out anymore than £400K on him.

I would say that Coops was well worth buying...he is streets ahead of anybody else we currently have for the right midfield slot..and we know what he is capable of. Sign him up quickly, if Wolves are willing to let him go.

I agree, Kevin Cooper has been excellent for us.

I think that Wolves may not be able to afford NOT to sell him. I mean, some of their so called "big name" stars must be on quite a wage and I think that they will have to look to reduce the wage bill.

Its not like they would be losing Cooper to another Division One team. Cooper can''t want to go back either so I think we have a great chance of signing him.

not only is he the best option on the right of midfield,his versitilty is so useful.the fact that he can play anywhere across the middle will be very useful when we have a comparativly small squad in the premier

The question you have to ask is why both Wolves and Sunderland both felt he wasen''t good enough for their 1st team.I remember a few years ago signing a player on loan,the guy could not stop scoring and we signed him for £200,000.After we signed him he became one of the worst players in a city shirt,David Neilsen ring any bells.

Carrow King, can I just remind you that a certain Man City and Coventy didn''t think it was worth hanging onto a certain Mr Huckerby?

Carrow King..midfield is all about workrate and you cant fake that..Coops has it in spades as he has proved over the last few weeks.

I would just like to add to what has been said before. I think he is very reliable and has brought a degree of confidence to the midfield. If we have a chance to buy him I would go for it. He also seems to have fitted into the atmosphere of the club and looks part of the ''team''

I agree. Thought he was very effective against Preston, and looks very solid. Seems to have fitted in well with the team and works hard without complaining. Got to be worth looking to buy!

I have to agree about Kevin Cooper he has made a big difference in the last seven games and has played the last five keeping McVeigh and Mulryne out of the team . l reckon if we could pick him up for £500k he would be a '' worthy '' addition to our squad . Having had a chat to '' Coops '' at the away fans party on Saturday night at Carrow Road , he indicated he would love to join us and promised to try and score a goal like he did for the Wolves against us , for us , before the end of the season !

Colin Cooper is a centre half that was playing for Middlesborough.

Somebody made a point about high paid Wolves players and wanting to sell Cooper to cope with the wage bill. Actually I would have thought it would have been the opposite. Get rid of the high wage bill players and keep the players on a more reasonable first division wage. Cooper might fit in the latter category in which case he finds himself back in with a job.

I agree Coops gives our midfield a real strong look and i felt on saturday that he could also do a job as a playmaker.

Please Worthy make Coops your first PREMIERSHIP signing.

Sounds good does''nt it?

The reason Cooper did not figure at Wolves or Sunderland was that he was coming back from a serious injury and was struggling for fitness - we could see that when he first arrived here. At Sunderland his arrival coincided with the best bit of form making it hard for him to break in.

Since he has been here though he has shown us what we have been missing all season - what could we have acheived had he been there from the start?

That said I am still to be convinced that Wolves will let him go now he is fit again - their midfield will lose Rae to Rangers and Ince will hardly be looking forward toi another 46-game season. Or that we can get a better player for the same price.

OTBC

Interesting concept, Zipper..."what could we have achieved if he had been here all season" - is that apart from doing the scum double, getting promoted and winning the Championship?

I know - what more could we want? - but with a solid right winger I think we could have already wrapped up the title and moved towards a record breaking season

Shippers that you. If so see you 2nite. I think I;m gonna get a bus and get there about 7. Not sure about where to drink though. I will have my phone and can i borrow some green and yellow hairspray.

agree we should give Kevin Cooper a contract. I thought he was superb againt Preston, always wanting the ball, taking on the full back and reliable with possession. Would be a useful squad player whilst we are adding proven premiership class the the first XI

If we can sign him, sign him.

It doesn''t matter he didn''t get into the Wolves and Sunderland teams - he''s done the job for us and that''s what he should be judged on.

I think he could definitley cut it in the Prem, he''ll be an excellent squad player.