Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

Ignorant & Childish

People on this message board, you disgust me with your anti-Delia posts.  We''re all entitled to our views, but lets not forget what she has done for the club.  And ask yourselves these two questions:1)  If YOU had £1.7Bn would you ''give'' some to the Canaries?  I certainly would.  Mr Cullum wanted to give £20Mn for the player budget but wanted the Club in return.  He wasn''t prepared to offer more than £20Mn so that would mean Delia having to give him the Club for nothing.  Why should she do this.  She spent 10 years and £12Mn of her own money keeping us going - why should she walk away for nothing?2)  Cullum offered £5Mn to get us out of trouble last October - what people don''t mention is that the £5Mn was re-payable if we went down!  Ask yourself... what kind of fan would abandon the club when it got relegated and demand money back which would have put it into Administration?  I''m sure Delia would not abandon us if we went down.  She''d be there till the bitter end.You criticise her for spending money on infrastructure.  Well, the £60,000 spent on a new kitchen increased catering turnover from £600,000 to nearly £6Mn a year - almost as much as we bring in from season ticket sales.  That money goes back into the playing budget (wages/transfers/loan fees/agent fees/contract terminations etc).  Also, if the Jarrold Stand had not been built the old South Stand would have been closed by the council and attendances would have maxed out at 19,000.In my opinion all the current board have done wrong in the past 12 years is:1)  Bought Dean Ashton 6 months too late.2)  Not sacked Worthington soon enough.3)  Should never have appointed Grant.But to level personal abuse at Delia in this manner is childish and unacceptable.Peter Cullum went public for one reason alone.  He knew the backlash this would cause and the pressure it would put on Delia.  He''s trying to force her to sell for a cut-price fee.  Well frankly someone with his wealth should not resort to such tactics, particularly when he claims to love the club.  He''s undermined our forthcoming season by creating a split in public opinion and made Roeder''s job all the more difficult.Instead of rallying together, we''ll now face ''Delia out'' chants and it will ultimately end in relegation.Anyone with an ounce of business acumen and a handful of the facts of the Cullum saga would see the Board have acted in the best long term interests of the Club.  If Mr Cullum want''s to come back to the table, offer Delia a fair price for her shares, renegotiate the debts with the banks (which are repayable in the event of a take-over by corporate law) and still offer £20Mn for players then there is a deal to be had.  But he can''t expect to be given the club just by offering a big transfer kitty.Please... if you must criticise Delia keep it on a professional level.  We don''t want personal insults on here.  Frankly, she doesn''t deserve it.  In 2004 you were all no doubt basking in glory outside City Hall chanting her name.  She''s the same woman now as she was then.  She''s proven to be Norwich City through and through.  If you run her out of this Club there is no guarantee Cullum will be there to pick up the pieces.I''ve said my bit.  I now await your immature, un-informed replies.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]People on this message board, you disgust me with your anti-Delia posts.  We''re all entitled to our views, but lets not forget what she has done for the club.  And ask yourselves these two questions:

In my opinion all the current board have done wrong in the past 12 years is:

1)  Bought Dean Ashton 6 months too late.

2)  Not sacked Worthington soon enough.

3)  Should never have appointed Grant.

I''ve said my bit.  I now await your immature, un-informed replies.
[/quote]

Fair post. But......3 absolutely massive mistakes which have put us where we are now.Infact 3 dreadful mistakes which is why the mass think its time to go!

Ashton not being bought earlier was maybe the board trying to prove the prudent approach could work. But come January they thought ooops and then bought Deano.

Point 2 & 3 are linked and left us 5pts adrift.  Maybe if she was a ruthless and didnt let friendship get in the way Worthers would have not been left to hang for the Burnley match. Also if she was a football person she may not have taken a gamble on the inexperienced Grant.A very costly mistake.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]People on this message board, you disgust me with your anti-Delia posts.  We''re all entitled to our views, but lets not forget what she has done for the club.  And ask yourselves these two questions:

1)  If YOU had £1.7Bn would you ''give'' some to the Canaries?  I certainly would.  Mr Cullum wanted to give £20Mn for the player budget but wanted the Club in return.  He wasn''t prepared to offer more than £20Mn so that would mean Delia having to give him the Club for nothing.  Why should she do this.  She spent 10 years and £12Mn of her own money keeping us going - why should she walk away for nothing?

2)  Cullum offered £5Mn to get us out of trouble last October - what people don''t mention is that the £5Mn was re-payable if we went down!  Ask yourself... what kind of fan would abandon the club when it got relegated and demand money back which would have put it into Administration?  I''m sure Delia would not abandon us if we went down.  She''d be there till the bitter end.

You criticise her for spending money on infrastructure.  Well, the £60,000 spent on a new kitchen increased catering turnover from £600,000 to nearly £6Mn a year - almost as much as we bring in from season ticket sales.  That money goes back into the playing budget (wages/transfers/loan fees/agent fees/contract terminations etc).  Also, if the Jarrold Stand had not been built the old South Stand would have been closed by the council and attendances would have maxed out at 19,000.

In my opinion all the current board have done wrong in the past 12 years is:

1)  Bought Dean Ashton 6 months too late.

2)  Not sacked Worthington soon enough.

3)  Should never have appointed Grant.

But to level personal abuse at Delia in this manner is childish and unacceptable.

Peter Cullum went public for one reason alone.  He knew the backlash this would cause and the pressure it would put on Delia.  He''s trying to force her to sell for a cut-price fee.  Well frankly someone with his wealth should not resort to such tactics, particularly when he claims to love the club.  He''s undermined our forthcoming season by creating a split in public opinion and made Roeder''s job all the more difficult.

Instead of rallying together, we''ll now face ''Delia out'' chants and it will ultimately end in relegation.

Anyone with an ounce of business acumen and a handful of the facts of the Cullum saga would see the Board have acted in the best long term interests of the Club.  If Mr Cullum want''s to come back to the table, offer Delia a fair price for her shares, renegotiate the debts with the banks (which are repayable in the event of a take-over by corporate law) and still offer £20Mn for players then there is a deal to be had.  But he can''t expect to be given the club just by offering a big transfer kitty.

Please... if you must criticise Delia keep it on a professional level.  We don''t want personal insults on here.  Frankly, she doesn''t deserve it.  In 2004 you were all no doubt basking in glory outside City Hall chanting her name.  She''s the same woman now as she was then.  She''s proven to be Norwich City through and through.  If you run her out of this Club there is no guarantee Cullum will be there to pick up the pieces.

[/quote]

This thread disgusts me. this is a message board where people are entitlted to their opinion. what gives you the right to prevent that, or the right to have a go at people for expressing their opinions? Your point is bordering on Facism. Whats next? Will you send the ''brown shirts'' round to get all the anti-delia brigade?

So, Shifty, if you were as rich as Cullum you would ''donate'' £20m?  I''m pretty sure that Mr Cullum is as rich as he is because he is an estute business man, not in the habit of donating to the needy.

If I had £1.7Bn, yes I would give NCFC £20Mn (remeber 1.7billion is £1,700,000,000 - 20 out of that is Nothing).  Delia''s £12Mn is the majority of her total wealth (and just about everything she has in hard cash).  In fact, if I had £1.7Bn I''d do this:1)  Offer Delia £10Mn for her shares.2)  Fully repay the Club''s debt (£18Mn)3)  Chuck £50Mn into Roeder''s potI''m a proper Canary fan, but don''t have any money.  If he is as much of a fan as he says he is, why is he prepared to walk just because she won''t GIVE him the Club for nothing?I suspect Mr Cullum needs to give some money away to avoid big tax bills.  If you look at his history, he''s donated a paltry £500,000 over the last ten years to charity.  Bill Gates on the other hand, worth £58Bn has just donated £30Bn to charity with another £24Bn being donated next year.  You can''t argue tax avoidance at him - he''d never have been taxed at those levels so that''s a false claim.  Cullum on the other hand - I question his motives.

Shifty Sid,  the last set of accounts show catering turnover at just over £3m and in the earlier accounts no figure is given so god knows where you dreamt your £600k to £6m figure from.  People like you are living in a dream world.  We had two seasons where we were receiving £7.1m parachute payments and we still had to sell players to turn a profit.  The off-pitch stuff is draining the club of money, not bringing in money for the team- just look at the squad, it`s bloody obvious isn`t it?!

Ok, I got my figure wrong (I haven''t committed the annual accounts to memory and don''t have a hard copy any more).  But £3Mn is better than nothing.Re: Parachute Payments - I''ll give you that, I struggle to see where that cash went but I don''t think Delia is some Nazi fleecing the Club for all it''s worth.

I wonder if you really would Shifty? I don''t know if you know Delia and her finances personally, but even if you do, what evidence do you have for her spending the majority of her wealth in NCFC? She has shares and she has loaned money to the club, then converted to more shares. If and when she leaves she won''t be out of pocket, you don''t have to feel sorry for her.

I suggest you watch the interview with Simon Mayo, highlighted in several other threads on this site where she does say if someone appeared with 20m.......

If Mr Cullum needs to offload money I am sure he will find a way, he didn''t get that rich by being naive. Also what gives you the right to say how much he donates to charity, when apparently Delia can do no wrong and has donated almost everything she owns into the club.

What are Cullum''s motives, you don''t know, nor do I, the same as we don''t know Delia''s. This is precisely why fans are getting upset and angry.

One thing is certain, Delia won''t be in charge for much longer if she and Michael can afford to continue turning down investment without giving serious reasons for doing so. This club needs a certain level of income and at present it''s not finding it. We have no further assets to sell off do we?

You don''t know that Cullum wanted the club for nothing - no one but the few people involved know that. All we know is that this needs sorting out and quickly.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I wonder if you really would Shifty? I don''t know if you know Delia and her finances personally[/quote]I don''t but I know 2 people who are very close to her.[quote user="gazzathegreat"] You don''t know that Cullum wanted the club for nothing - no one but the few people involved know that.[/quote]I do know that - because I am one of the few, albeit indirectly.What you said about her aquiring new shares is correct.  You also state if she leaves, she won''t be out of pocket - I''m afriad if £20Mn was all Mr Cullum was prepared to offer and if he also promised £20Mn for the transfer kitty, that leaves NOTHING to buy Delia''s shares - therefore she would have been out of pocket.However, this is a side-issue.  The Club have other reasons for turning down the offer.  It''s not all as simple as people believe.Re: my comment above, relating to Mr Cullum''s charitable contributions - I retract it, I don''t want to stoop to the low levels of others on this board.

Shifty Sid, thanks for having the good grace to accept you might have got something wrong.  It`s obviously difficult to take things at face value on a message board but i will accept you have the contacts you say you have,so.......a question.  If the club had "other reasons for turning down the offer", will they just come out and let us know what they were?  And if not, why not?  Thanks.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]I''ve said my bit.  I now await your immature, un-informed replies.[/quote]How interesting that you bother to throw out your pearls of wisdom and then expect immature and uninformed responses in return.  Kind of makes me wonder why you bothered.And for someone who claims to be "informed", you might want to check your budget and profit figures for the catering.  6 million quid?  Not even close, mate.Now here''s some things for you to consider:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/04/delia-smith-blasts-greedy-premier-league-money-men-89520-20339611/

She and husband Michael have put at least £9million into the club.  Delia

admitted: "It''s mad, but I don''t regret it. The money is probably lost

but all we want is for our club to be successful. What else could we

have done with the money that meant so much?
"

But now she wants it back as part of any takeover...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/17/newsstory.norwichcity"We are not going to sell to a foreign investor, ever," she said,

adding that after more than 10 years as a director at Carrow Road she

has realised that "the supporters really are the ones who own the club".
Really?  How interesting.

Independent, from 2002: The

couple invested pounds 1m in 1996 to bail out Norwich and take seats on

the board. Two years later, they upped their investment to about pounds

3.5m, buying 61 per cent control. "We knew we''d never see the money

again, so we asked each other if there was anything we''d rather do with

it. And we said no, Norwich was the greatest passion of our lives and

we wanted to help."
Well well well.What worries me most is your second point... you seem entirely unconcerned that in the last three years our on-pitch activity has atrophied, aided by disastrous board gambles on management and a lack of transfer funds.  So when you say..."I''m sure Delia would not abandon us if we went down. 

She''d be there till the bitter end."I''m sure she will be here til the bitter end.  And what will be left by that point, and what division will we be in?

You then say "Instead of rallying together, we''ll now face ''Delia out'' chants and it will ultimately end in relegation."Yes, that''s right - disgruntled fans will get the club relegated.  It will be our fault.  Not the board who can''t find money for transfers - and don''t spin me the old "jam tomorrow" line, I''m sick of it.You board apologists are laughable, frankly.  And I think you''ll find everything in this post concerns the board''s fitness to run the club effectively and Delia''s professional standing as joint majority shareholder - not a personal insult in sight.  Care to come back on anything?  Of course not.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Shifty Sid, thanks for having the good grace to accept you might have got something wrong.  It`s obviously difficult to take things at face value on a message board but i will accept you have the contacts you say you have,so.......a question.  If the club had "other reasons for turning down the offer", will they just come out and let us know what they were?  And if not, why not?  Thanks.[/quote]I emailed Neil D earlier saying just that.  The Club must get the facts out there to put the record stright.  PC certainly has no issues going public, regardless of all the implications.  By not saying anything, I presume the Club are just protecting all parties concerned - this should all have occured behind closed doors to avoid the situation we now find ourselves in.This negativity and bitterness needs to end.  Common sense, and factual analysis are the way forward otherwise the forthcoming season is undermined before it even starts.Hopefully Neil will be able to put some facts out there.  However, some people will only hear what they want to hear and whatever he says may simply be shot down in flames.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/18/ufnips118.xmlSome extracts from the above."More than 400 fans were in attendance at Ipswich''s Corn Exchange as an overwhelming 98.4 per cent majority voted to accept Evans'' 87.5 per cent purchase of the Championship club.""Ipswich''s debt of £32 million will come under the Marcus Evans Group''s control, and the remaining £12 million he is investing is expected to be available to manager Jim Magilton to sign new players."Points:1) Marcus Evans bought the Club then invested the money.  He wasn''t given the Club by the current owners on the basis he''d give Magilton £12Mn for the transfer kitty.2) Evans was able to buy 87.5% because Ipswich are not a PLC.  NCFC are and as such any take over deal requires the buyer to make an offer for 100% of the shares if they wish to acquire more than 29.9%.3) Evans was able to take on ITFCs debts.  Again, because NCFC are a PLC the debts are required to be repaid upon take-over.  In reality the debts could be renegotiated with the lenders, however.What I am trying to say here, is that it''s not as simple as ''Here''s £20Mn for transfers, but I want the Club".  If he came to the table with "Here''s an offer for the shares, here''s my plan to refinance the debt and here''s £20Mn for players" a deal could have been done.  £20Mn was all he was prepared to offer and as he''d already promised that for players, that leaves no money for the shareholders (thus not meeting legal requirements for company acquistions for PLCs).PC would not entertain any other work-arounds, hence the discussions were ended.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shifty Sid"]
[/quote]

How interesting that you bother to throw out your pearls of wisdom and then expect immature and uninformed responses in return.  Kind of makes me wonder why you bothered.

And for someone who claims to be "informed", you might want to check your budget and profit figures for the catering.  6 million quid?  Not even close, mate.

Now here''s some things for you to consider:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/04/delia-smith-blasts-greedy-premier-league-money-men-89520-20339611/

She and husband Michael have put at least £9million into the club.  Delia admitted: "It''s mad, but I don''t regret it. The money is probably lost but all we want is for our club to be successful. What else could we have done with the money that meant so much?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/17/newsstory.norwichcity
"We are not going to sell to a foreign investor, ever," she said, adding that after more than 10 years as a director at Carrow Road she has realised that "the supporters really are the ones who own the club".

Independent, from 2002:
The couple invested pounds 1m in 1996 to bail out Norwich and take seats on the board. Two years later, they upped their investment to about pounds 3.5m, buying 61 per cent control. "We knew we''d never see the money again, so we asked each other if there was anything we''d rather do with it. And we said no, Norwich was the greatest passion of our lives and we wanted to help."

Well well well.

What worries me most is your second point... you seem entirely unconcerned that in the last three years our on-pitch activity has atrophied, aided by disastrous board gambles on management and a lack of transfer funds.  So when you say...

"I''m sure Delia would not abandon us if we went down.  She''d be there till the bitter end."

I''m sure she will be here til the bitter end.  And what will be left by that point, and what division will we be in?

You then say "Instead of rallying together, we''ll now face ''Delia out'' chants and it will ultimately end in relegation."

Yes, that''s right - disgruntled fans will get the club relegated.  It will be our fault.  Not the board who can''t find money for transfers - and don''t spin me the old "jam tomorrow" line, I''m sick of it.

You board apologists are laughable, frankly.  And I think you''ll find everything in this post concerns the board''s fitness to run the club effectively and Delia''s professional standing as joint majority shareholder - not a personal insult in sight.  Care to come back on anything?  Of course not.

[/quote]

Can''t believe someone who can structure a sentence in English such as yourself, Mister Chops, believes anything that''s written in the national papers about Norwich or Delia.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shifty Sid"]
[/quote]

How interesting that you bother to throw out your pearls of wisdom and then expect immature and uninformed responses in return.  Kind of makes me wonder why you bothered.

And for someone who claims to be "informed", you might want to check your budget and profit figures for the catering.  6 million quid?  Not even close, mate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/04/delia-smith-blasts-greedy-premier-league-money-men-89520-20339611/

She and husband Michael have put at least £9million into the club.  Delia admitted: "It''s mad, but I don''t regret it. The money is probably lost but all we want is for our club to be successful. What else could we have done with the money that meant so much?"

"We are not going to sell to a foreign investor, ever," she said, adding that after more than 10 years as a director at Carrow Road she has realised that "the supporters really are the ones who own the club".

Independent, from 2002:
The couple invested pounds 1m in 1996 to bail out Norwich and take seats on the board. Two years later, they upped their investment to about pounds 3.5m, buying 61 per cent control. "We knew we''d never see the money again, so we asked each other if there was anything we''d rather do with it. And we said no, Norwich was the greatest passion of our lives and we wanted to help."

Well well well.

What worries me most is your second point... you seem entirely unconcerned that in the last three years our on-pitch activity has atrophied, aided by disastrous board gambles on management and a lack of transfer funds.  So when you say...

"I''m sure Delia would not abandon us if we went down.  She''d be there till the bitter end."

I''m sure she will be here til the bitter end.  And what will be left by that point, and what division will we be in?

You then say "Instead of rallying together, we''ll now face ''Delia out'' chants and it will ultimately end in relegation."

Yes, that''s right - disgruntled fans will get the club relegated.  It will be our fault.  Not the board who can''t find money for transfers - and don''t spin me the old "jam tomorrow" line, I''m sick of it.

You board apologists are laughable, frankly.  And I think you''ll find everything in this post concerns the board''s fitness to run the club effectively and Delia''s professional standing as joint majority shareholder - not a personal insult in sight.  Care to come back on anything?  Of course not.

[/quote]

Can''t believe someone who can structure a sentence in English such as yourself, Mister Chops, believes anything that''s written in the national papers about Norwich or Delia.

[/quote]

So, who or what do we believe - concerning past and present matters at Carrow Road? Mr Doncaster and his usual plausible, sanctimonious and predictable inane and dulcit tones?

Quite frankly, as well as the ''exclusive'' external media input - allegedly spinning a supposed ''good one'', I personally feel that the Board and the NCFC media - aren''t doing the club any favours by allowing the situation to rise to a crescendo, and then ultimately, for it to spiral out of control.

Once, (and it is many Moon''s ago) I had some faith in the board, now I just don''t care what they say, or who says it, or when it was said. 

With the advent of the T''internet......I feel it is going to develop into something a lot more calamitous, than it was during Chase''s demise - over a decade ago......

I do hope it all gets sorted, and soon. But, something tells me, that whatever is said by either party regarding NCFC......the conclusion, will not be forthcoming as quickly as some would like it to.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]I do know that - because I am one of the few, albeit indirectly.[/quote]Fail. Thread null and void.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Shifty Sid, thanks for having the good grace to accept you might have got something wrong.  It`s obviously difficult to take things at face value on a message board but i will accept you have the contacts you say you have,so.......a question.  If the club had "other reasons for turning down the offer", will they just come out and let us know what they were?  And if not, why not?  Thanks.[/quote]

I emailed Neil C earlier saying just that.  The Club must get the facts out there to put the record stright.  PC certainly has no issues going public, regardless of all the implications.  By not saying anything, I presume the Club are just protecting all parties concerned - this should all have occured behind closed doors to avoid the situation we now find ourselves in.

This negativity and bitterness needs to end.  Common sense, and factual analysis are the way forward otherwise the forthcoming season is undermined before it even starts.

Hopefully Neil will be able to put some facts out there.  However, some people will only hear what they want to hear and whatever he says may simply be shot down in flames.
[/quote]

I''m afraid I never got it....Try again on my Dontbesuchapratt@lalaland.com email address. I''m there most of the time.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shifty Sid"]
[/quote]

Independent, from 2002:

Well well well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So why should we believe anything Doomcaster says in the press?  Works both ways wouldnt you say?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

So why should we believe anything Doomcaster says in the press?  Works both ways wouldnt you say?

[/quote]

It certainly does WAY49!

It''s possibly best to believe everything we read or nothing we read but it''s obviously much more fun to believe the bits that fit into what we want to believe.

I am one of the more gullible fans who tends to believe everything. Whether it comes from Cullum or the board. I am heartened that the statements don''t really contradict eachother yet and in fact the very last one was a joint statement. I certainly don''t believe that Peter Cullum or Delia Smith are liars.

I don''t believe everything that gets posted on here though[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

It certainly does WAY49!

It''s possibly best to believe everything we read or nothing we read but it''s obviously much more fun to believe the bits that fit into what we want to believe.

I am one of the more gullible fans who tends to believe everything. Whether it comes from Cullum or the board. I am heartened that the statements don''t really contradict eachother yet and in fact the very last one was a joint statement. I certainly don''t believe that Peter Cullum or Delia Smith are liars.

I don''t believe everything that gets posted on here though[:O]

[/quote]

You don''t?? Well shame on you lol [;)][:)]