Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Well done Hucks!!!!!!

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]

Frying pan to fire Hucks - San Jose are terrible (I think they are still bottom), they are never one of the live teams shown (we get US TV here unfortunately) - they play in a University stadium which could grace no more than the conference, except when Becks rolls into town when they play at the local Baseball Stadium which is massive, and the wrong shape.  I can''t name a single SJQ player, and I think they are the only side in the MLS which that is true of.

The flip side is San Jose is a nice little town, and Toronto is freezing for 6 months of the year, but he''ll be retired in a year.

[/quote]

Well,

hard to deny we''re terrible, though I''d have to admit that there have

been plenty of games where we were rather unlucky, there''s only been

one match that we weren''t competitive in. Buck Shaw is a temporary

stadium while we''re getting our new 20,000 seater a couple of miles

down the road (though I love watching games at Buck Shaw,

very...intimate). As for the baseball/american football stadium, it''s

absolutely terrible to watch a match in. And it''s not necessarily

local, takes an hour to drive to (then factor in traffic), and when I

went to the last match there it took me 30 minutes to get to the

nearest train station from San Jose, then the train took about another

hour and a half, then getting in to the stadium took about an hour.

It''s terrible.  Though surely Buck Shaw would be better than Layer Road

or Accrington Stanley''s stadium wouldn''t it? It has to be better than

some of the Football League grounds.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]where can we get the san jose earthquakes new home shirt with huckerby on the back, maybe hucksnewhome could supply us[/quote]http://soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1&pcount=&Product_Id=330369&Key_id=&SearchQuery=earthquakesThat''s where I got mine, since every store around was sold out a few weeks ago. Eurosport is very reliable, but it took forever to get it shipped here, though they''re based on the East Coast, so it might not take much longer for you than it did for me, which was at least a couple of weeks. But man are our jerseys nice, they look and feel fantastic. Although I''m not sure if that''s the authentic one or the replica. Though either would do.http://www.mlsgear.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3040352&cp=3056365.3056289&parentPage=familyThe authentic straight from the MLS shop. A bit overpriced though.http://www.mlsgear.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3040356&cp=3056272And that''s the replica.Let me go see if I can find both replica and authentic jerseys on Eurosport (they''re both basically the same though). But I do believe that the first link I posted was to the authentic jersey, because I payed that much and got an authentic one before.

Also, the soccer.com one let''s you personalize your shirt, so you can all get your Huckerby kits there. Dunno what his number will be yet though.

[quote user="HucksNewHome"][quote user="Shannock Bob"]Hey Hucksnewhome, you ever been up to Chico?[/quote]

Not for a while, but I''ve got some friends at the university there, and my Uncle actually used to be the women''s football coach there.
[/quote]

I went up to the University there too for a week. What an awesome experience that was for a handsome Englishman with an accent!! Was told it was voted number 1 ''party college'' by Playboy!!

[quote user="HucksNewHome"]Hey everybody,

Thought some of you Norwich supporters might like to know the San Jose perspective. As a rabid Earthquakes supporter, I''m terribly excited at the prospect of seeing Huckerby in one of our shirts. Though I''m surprised none of you have expressed any anger that he''ll have to play under our coach Frank Yallop, who spent 13 years at Ipswich [:)].  At any rate, my  feeling is that he''ll tear up this league. He may be frustrated at the fact that he''ll be the only player on our team that can score, but just from what I''ve seen through various matches over the years and youtube highlights he shouldn''t have any problems getting around the piss poor MLS defenses.

And just so you know, those Earthquakes black home kits are damn comfortable. And don''t worry much about the MLS rules nonsense, they seem to make them up as the season goes along (and usually to screw us and help the scum from Los Angeles). If you''ve got any questions about the team, the city, or anything else about American sawker, feel free to ask.
[/quote]

So LA Galaxy are your Scum are they?  That''s the game I''d like to see . . . Hucks making Beckham look ordinary [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="ob1"]Is he going to be playing tomorrow?!

That''d be cool!

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/mls/fixtures

That''d be 9:00 UK time?
[/quote]

Reckon he will need some time to train first but it would be awesome to watch!!!

[/quote]

I think someone said he won''t be eligible until July 15th (next Tuesday), something to do with their transfer window.

I was going to go to LA and drive down the coast then off to Miami, well now that Hucks is at San Jose, I will have to make a detour and wear my shirt. Can''t wait for next summer and my road trip.

You can sometimes get highlights on Channel 4''s "GOALISSIMO" show, but cant remember if its on on a saturday or sunday morning!

Just like to add to this. I have just watched the LA Galaxy on the Goalissimo show. Its on late on friday nights on channel 4.

Yeah, Galaxy are our scum.  It was considered the best rivalry in the league by far before our untimely demise a couple of years ago. There were some great matches over the years, like when we beat them in extra time in the MLS Cup final, or when we  met them in the playoffs, and were down 4-0 in aggregate 20 minutes into the 2nd leg, then scored 5 goals to win the greatest game in MLS history. Plus the fact that we''ve been screwed over so many times by the league''s rules to help out LA, being owned by a group that owned them as well and only focused on them while we sat and rotted, and had our best players tell us they''re going to Europe then behind our backs sign with the scum. We''ve got quite a bit of history here actually though, over the years we''ve been involved with some names you might be familiar with: George Best and Guus Hiddink both played for us back in the NASL days, and Milan Mandaric was our first owner. 2 time MLS champions, lots of drama. I think we''re a likeable club.  Feel free to ask any questions you might have

Top man Hucks! Thought i''d post this latest interview here. Really wish we would of given him another year!

Canary legend Darren Huckerby has spoken of his excitement at signing for MLS outfit San Jose Earthquakes - and revealed the lengths he went to in order to ensure he didn`t go back on his word to never play against Norwich City again.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening News, Huckerby revealed that:

- He had 12 offers to stay in the UK - including one from the Premier League.

- He could have earned four times as much by staying in England.

- He came close to retirement.

- He could have joined up with Jim Brennan and Carl Robinson at Toronto, but was put-off by the plastic pitch and the lure of the California sunshine.

- His family will stay behind in Norfolk.

Hucks on money:

''I''d say it''s definitely not a money decision. It''s more the lifestyle and a different challenge. The money is like a quarter of what I would get here.

"I know that for a fact because I''ve had plenty of offers to stay here. It''s not a money decision, it never has been. If I wanted money I would stay here. I''ve had 12 offers from teams, one even in the Premier so it''s not about money.

''There are teams in the top half of the Championship who would take me tomorrow and I know they would. I have had managers ring me up, a few agents, who have more than inquired about my future".

Hucks on the thought of retirement:

''When I said that I would not play against Norwich I was 100 per cent certain that''s what would happen. Even some of my team-mates thought I was crazy. But they know me. They know when I say something I stick to it.

"I was never going to go back on my word. No, no, even if it meant retiring which two or three weeks ago looked possible when things were unclear.

''I''ve had a good career. I''ve still got time left to play. But if it meant playing against Norwich then I would rather not play.''

Hucks on Toronto FC:

"Obviously they [Toronto] had first rights on me but they play on astroturf and train on astroturf and it was a big doubt in my mind. But don''t get me wrong they are a great club and have world class facilities.

''To be honest it''s a really nice living culture in California, the average temperature is 25 degrees all year round and it''s the safest place to live in America - it''s like the Norwich of the States.''

Hucks on his family:

"My wife and kids are going to stay here. They''re just going to come over when it''s holidays and whenever they can. My kids are happy at school here. The decision we''ve made is that a lot of the time they''re going to be here and I''m going to be there.

''I''m not a person to commute to be honest. There''s no way I was going to be driving for two or three hours every day, to train, and driving back, it wouldn''t happen. This way I will probably see my family more than I would do if I was for example in Scotland or something. It''s still a long way away but I''m pretty lucky that the season kind of falls differently to the season in England."

The decision by City boss Glenn Roeder not to offer Huckerby a contract at the end of last season divided supporters - with some even starting a group on Facebook in the hope of granting the winger "one more game" - so the news that up to a dozen other clubs did felt he could add something to their squad may not sit too well with those who thought it a mistake to let him go.

He is expected to be available to make his first MLS appearance - against Toronto FC - this Saturday (19th July).

Click he

[quote user="colneycanary"]Top man Hucks! Thought i''d post this latest interview here. Really wish we would of given him another year!

Canary legend Darren Huckerby has spoken of his excitement at signing for MLS outfit San Jose Earthquakes - and revealed the lengths he went to in order to ensure he didn`t go back on his word to never play against Norwich City again.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening News, Huckerby revealed that:

- He had 12 offers to stay in the UK - including one from the Premier League.

- He could have earned four times as much by staying in England.

- He came close to retirement.

- He could have joined up with Jim Brennan and Carl Robinson at Toronto, but was put-off by the plastic pitch and the lure of the California sunshine.

- His family will stay behind in Norfolk.

Hucks on money:

''I''d say it''s definitely not a money decision. It''s more the lifestyle and a different challenge. The money is like a quarter of what I would get here.

"I know that for a fact because I''ve had plenty of offers to stay here. It''s not a money decision, it never has been. If I wanted money I would stay here. I''ve had 12 offers from teams, one even in the Premier so it''s not about money.

''There are teams in the top half of the Championship who would take me tomorrow and I know they would. I have had managers ring me up, a few agents, who have more than inquired about my future".

Hucks on the thought of retirement:

''When I said that I would not play against Norwich I was 100 per cent certain that''s what would happen. Even some of my team-mates thought I was crazy. But they know me. They know when I say something I stick to it.

"I was never going to go back on my word. No, no, even if it meant retiring which two or three weeks ago looked possible when things were unclear.

''I''ve had a good career. I''ve still got time left to play. But if it meant playing against Norwich then I would rather not play.''

Hucks on Toronto FC:

"Obviously they [Toronto] had first rights on me but they play on astroturf and train on astroturf and it was a big doubt in my mind. But don''t get me wrong they are a great club and have world class facilities.

''To be honest it''s a really nice living culture in California, the average temperature is 25 degrees all year round and it''s the safest place to live in America - it''s like the Norwich of the States.''

Hucks on his family:

"My wife and kids are going to stay here. They''re just going to come over when it''s holidays and whenever they can. My kids are happy at school here. The decision we''ve made is that a lot of the time they''re going to be here and I''m going to be there.

''I''m not a person to commute to be honest. There''s no way I was going to be driving for two or three hours every day, to train, and driving back, it wouldn''t happen. This way I will probably see my family more than I would do if I was for example in Scotland or something. It''s still a long way away but I''m pretty lucky that the season kind of falls differently to the season in England."

The decision by City boss Glenn Roeder not to offer Huckerby a contract at the end of last season divided supporters - with some even starting a group on Facebook in the hope of granting the winger "one more game" - so the news that up to a dozen other clubs did felt he could add something to their squad may not sit too well with those who thought it a mistake to let him go.

He is expected to be available to make his first MLS appearance - against Toronto FC - this Saturday (19th July).

Click he[/quote]Huckerby = Legend.  New heros?  Why did we let one go?

If you ever get to read this Hucks, best of luck to you over there! I am sure you will do great! But stay away from those strip clubs! lol.

I love the part where Hucks said  "The manager is no dummy, even though he used to play for Ipswich, but that''s not his fault"  [:D]

Quality Hucks, always wears his heart on his sleeve