Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Well done Hucks!!!!!!

Oh poor Huckerby...relegated to a life of playing infront of soccer moms and their families.I hope the California lifestyle is worth it...you could have been a legend in Toronto.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Shannock Bob"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]

The San Jose Earthquakes have reached an agreement with English striker Darren Huckerby after completing a trade with Toronto FC for his rights, sources with knowledge of the deal told SBI on Thursday. Huckerby will join the Earthquakes when the MLS transfer window opens on July 15th.

[/quote]

What does the ''''completing a trade with Toronto FC'''' bit mean?

[/quote]

Angel, It means they had to agree some form of compensation with Toronto because Toronto had filed a ''Discovery Claim'' with the MLS meaning they kind of obtained the first refusal on signing him. I dont really understand the thinking behind this or think it is very fair but there you go! Rules is rules!

[/quote]
Ah, the Law of Bagsey finally makes its way into football...
[/quote]

I think they prefer the term ''shotgun''!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]

The San Jose Earthquakes have reached an agreement with English striker Darren Huckerby after completing a trade with Toronto FC for his rights, sources with knowledge of the deal told SBI on Thursday. Huckerby will join the Earthquakes when the MLS transfer window opens on July 15th.

[/quote]

What does the ''''completing a trade with Toronto FC'''' bit mean?

[/quote]

San Jose had to buy him out from Toronto - send a fee to the disappointed,  do a personal deal.

See under Norwich Earnmore, Blackpool Hoolahan, aka release clause.

Pay the fee, of you go!

I''m looking forward to having a second team to support next season.  NCFC twinned with San Jose Earthquakes has a nice ring to it.

For those looking to go to San Jose, its a very nice place and we should all be happy he landed there as opposed to some other MLS cities.  As far as Norwich people making the trip, I''d suggest checking the schedule to see when San Jose comes to New York to play the Red Bulls. We of the New York Supporters Group would love to host some of you at our local bar, and head out to the game together. 

I avoid watching the MLS as it sucks....But I will watch all of the Earthquakes games now. He will destroy that league..

Bigus, shall we look to arrange a NY Supporters jaunt to the Meadowlands for Huckerby''s glorious New York debut?  (Bigus runs the NY Supporters Group).

Hey everybody, Thought some of you Norwich supporters might like to know the San Jose perspective. As a rabid Earthquakes supporter, I''m terribly excited at the prospect of seeing Huckerby in one of our shirts. Though I''m surprised none of you have expressed any anger that he''ll have to play under our coach Frank Yallop, who spent 13 years at Ipswich [:)].  At any rate, my  feeling is that he''ll tear up this league. He may be frustrated at the fact that he''ll be the only player on our team that can score, but just from what I''ve seen through various matches over the years and youtube highlights he shouldn''t have any problems getting around the piss poor MLS defenses. And just so you know, those Earthquakes black home kits are damn comfortable. And don''t worry much about the MLS rules nonsense, they seem to make them up as the season goes along (and usually to screw us and help the scum from Los Angeles). If you''ve got any questions about the team, the city, or anything else about American sawker, feel free to ask.

Good luck Hucks, for the first time in my life I have decided to take abit of interest in MLS football, hope he turns into a fans favorite there too.

Toronto FC have the rights to him by reason of "discovery". In other words they were the first to offer him a job in MLS. I live in California and will see him play against Becks and the Galaxy when the Earthquakes come to play here. I''ll make sure to fly my Norwich City banner. I think in a year he''ll be playing on the opposite side of the field from Becks with the Galaxy. I hope he comes to Los Angeles and makes loads of cash. Great to see himn not playing against NCFC as he promised.

GAZ

[quote user="GAZ"]

Toronto FC have the rights to him by reason of "discovery". In other words they were the first to offer him a job in MLS. I live in California and will see him play against Becks and the Galaxy when the Earthquakes come to play here. I''ll make sure to fly my Norwich City banner. I think in a year he''ll be playing on the opposite side of the field from Becks with the Galaxy. I hope he comes to Los Angeles and makes loads of cash. Great to see himn not playing against NCFC as he promised.

GAZ

[/quote]If Hucks shows a tiny fraction of the loyalty he''s shown to Norwich he''d never jump ship to the scum of the south.

[quote user="timncfc"]does anyone know,r the MLS games on t.v over here?[/quote]have seen highlights very early hours of the morning on a sky chanel..soz cant remember which 1

[quote user="AndyJR"]

San Jose signs Darren Huckerby

FIRST ON SBI

Darrenhuckerbysbi

The 32-year-old former Manchester City and Leeds player had been in talks with Toronto FC for some time but will now join an Earthquakes squad that has scored a league-low 10 goals this season. Details of what San Jose traded to Toronto FC for Huckerby''s rights were unavailable, but one source believes allocation money was involved. Toronto held Huckerby''s rights via the discovery process.

Huckerby scored 34 goals in five seasons for Norwich City, playing both as a striker and a left winger. If you haven''t seen him play, here is some footage of him in action:

What do you think? Will he be enough to spark San Jose''s putrid offense? Is this another mistake by Earthquakes GM John Doyle? Share your thoughts below.

[/quote]well done hucks...you are and will always be a ncfc legend

Guys, forget New York or even San Jose for that matter...

Come when the Quakes play in Toronto and visit a city that actually gives a shit about their football club.

[quote user="Daveisonfire"]Guys, forget New York or even San Jose for that matter...

Come when the Quakes play in Toronto and visit a city that actually gives a shit about their football club.[/quote]Oh get off it, you Toronto supporters are all the same.  I will admit, you do have pretty decent support for a small town near Montreal though. All you have to do to get in CONCACAF Champions League is beat a couple of second division sides and you can''t even do that. Some team mate. The red patch boys really helped you along to an easy win against Vancouv-...well the amazing traveling support certainly helped you win the return ma-... Toronto won''t care if the Leafs ever get good again.

I think you mean coming up, might want to double check your geography, buddy. Never said your support was bad, just saying that it hasn''t helped much, and having the best support in MLS is a bit like winning a cripple fight isn''t it?

What pi**es me off is the fact that Hucks was ours and Roeder made the wrong decision to let him go. Now Toronto who hes never played for will get something for selling his rights to San Jose. The whole thing sucks!

Toronto must really suck. They have jim brennan and carl robinson! As captains!!!!

[quote user="AndyJR"]NCFC vs San Jose friendly would be great.   Just imagine Hucks bombing down the left giving GR a friendly little wink on the way past, bliss.

[/quote]

I would love it, I tell ya love it- in true Keegan style....to see that!! Would be great to see the stupid Roedants face as Hucks skinned the lot of em..

Frying pan to fire Hucks - San Jose are terrible (I think they are still bottom), they are never one of the live teams shown (we get US TV here unfortunately) - they play in a University stadium which could grace no more than the conference, except when Becks rolls into town when they play at the local Baseball Stadium which is massive, and the wrong shape.  I can''t name a single SJQ player, and I think they are the only side in the MLS which that is true of.

The flip side is San Jose is a nice little town, and Toronto is freezing for 6 months of the year, but he''ll be retired in a year.

''New Heros''s'' Mr Roeder, let''s be seeing them.  Wish you had stayed even more now we have re-confirmed our financial poorness, good luck Hucks.

[quote user="Shannock Bob"]Hey Hucksnewhome, you ever been up to Chico?[/quote]Not for a while, but I''ve got some friends at the university there, and my Uncle actually used to be the women''s football coach there.