Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Re: Update: Some of you are stars and ker-ching (ordered exclusive) this end

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

Feel big now do we?

Don''t think the article presents your message or campaign in a positive light nor reflects well on the NCFC community at large.

But then you lot have never let the facts get in your way anyway.

[/quote]

And still the apologists bleat.........

Some of us want our club back "luvvie"....and I''d rather NCFC fans were considered pro-actively "concerned" than naive and celebrity obsessed such as they are now. Desperate means demand desperate action and all that......

The "luvvies" have finally had their day at our once proud football club.......

[/quote]

you''re not the one they call cluck are you?[:O]

[quote user="camuldonum"]Mr Cullum himself agreed that £56m was a reasonable valuation.  It''s just that he isn''t going to pay that................[/quote]

Did he actually say this? What is your source?

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="camuldonum"]Mr Cullum himself agreed that £56m was a reasonable valuation.  It''s just that he isn''t going to pay that................[/quote]

Did he actually say this? What is your source?

[/quote]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/search/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&itemid=NOED09%20Jul%202008%2008:34:17:123&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=search

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Wonderful! I am proud of everyone that posted on her nice little website. Now whats next?[/quote]

You guys just crack me up with your jocular antics and keyboard bravado. Now, what''s planned for next week? Stealing candy from babies? Knocking away the blind man''s stick?

[/quote]

No, hare coursing

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Feel big now do we?

Don''t think the article presents your message or campaign in a positive light nor reflects well on the NCFC community at large.

[/quote]

suggest you read the thread concerning Deliah''s BBC interview and check out the youtube link, and then come back and we can have a chat about the facts

Thanks camuldonum.

Picking hairs but he says technically correct rather than reasonable but it certainly suggests that what they have asked for is not outrageous. Mkaes me wonder even more why it all broke down?

PS I live in Essex too!

What a sad bunch of tw£ts you all  are ,i feel ashamed to suport ncfc when some of the so called fans act like little pr"cks ,grow up and start acting like fans not half wits !!!!!!!

[quote user="xyz"]What a sad bunch of tw£ts you all  are ,i feel ashamed to suport ncfc when some of the so called fans act like little pr"cks ,grow up and start acting like fans not half wits !!!!!!![/quote]Yes, I agree - and furthermore I think registering for an internet message board and then abusing all those responsible using childish insults is absolutely the right way to show them the error of their actions.  Well done, I commend you.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

What a con, the ginger bloke in that photograph works in the Gunn Club, yet more reason to treat the old bint with the utmost suspicion.

[/quote]

Funnily enough, I thought the same thing......Manufactured posing - with a a club employee?

I wonder how many sit in the front 3 rows of the AGM''s?

Concerned fan at the back of AGM holds hand up and says, "Excuse me NCFC board, but why hasn''t more money been invested on the playing side of the club?"[*-)]

Front 3 rows angrily retort, "Disgraceful question! They''ve saved the Club! TUT TUT! Boo! Anti-clubbist! Shame! TUT TUT! Delia deserves respect! Shame! TUT TUT! Sit down fool! Throw the insurgent out! BOO! Go support Ipswich then! TUT! BOO!"......[:@]

"Right" says Smuggy Donkster, "Before we were so rudely interrupted, it''s now time for the vote on what colour and pattern of brick-weave the true-support would like for the excellent ''recently purchased'' (applause from front 3 rows) ahem, thank-you, essential access road behind the Jarrold?"......"Then, we''ll move on to select the replacement silverware for the Top o'' the Terrace"..... 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="xyz"]What a sad bunch of tw£ts you all  are ,i feel ashamed to suport ncfc when some of the so called fans act like little pr"cks ,grow up and start acting like fans not half wits !!!!!!![/quote]Yes, I agree - and furthermore I think registering for an internet message board and then abusing all those responsible using childish insults is absolutely the right way to show them the error of their actions.  Well done, I commend you.[/quote]Superb Mr. Chops. What makes me laugh even more was all those silly fools blabbering on about "mugabe-gate" and it being horribly offensive have now seen the whole issue go into a national newspaper. Surely if they hadn''t have kicked up such a stink delia-mugabe would just be a name well off in the horizon.

[quote user="Badger"]

Thanks camuldonum.

Picking hairs but he says technically correct rather than reasonable but it certainly suggests that what they have asked for is not outrageous. Mkaes me wonder even more why it all broke down?

PS I live in Essex too!

[/quote]

And what exactly have they asked for? 

Please for the life of god don''t say £56m

Lighten up some of you, sheesh! It was amusing enough for about 5 minutes and the fact that something borne from this site has made it into the news is brilliant, even if we know the culprit well, eh Cam [;)]Its a harmless bit of fun, stop bleating ffs... shame, though, that the article didn''t quote some of the plucky responses from the old ladies on the forum, they weren''t going to go down without a fight! [:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Lighten up some of you, sheesh! It was amusing enough for about 5 minutes and the fact that something borne from this site has made it into the news is brilliant, even if we know the culprit well, eh Cam [;)]

Its a harmless bit of fun, stop bleating ffs... shame, though, that the article didn''t quote some of the plucky responses from the old ladies on the forum, they weren''t going to go down without a fight! [:D]
[/quote]

Wouldn''t it be ironic and hilarious - if those lovely recipe ladies......''Invaded'' the Pink''un forum?[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

there''s enough "old women" on here already !! ooops

[/quote]

OOOH! HARK AT HER!.....[:O]

[quote user="xyz"]What a sad bunch of tw£ts you all  are ,i feel ashamed to suport ncfc when some of the so called fans act like little pr"cks ,grow up and start acting like fans not half wits !!!!!!![/quote]

Yes, I agree - and furthermore I think registering for an internet message board and then abusing all those responsible using childish insults is absolutely the right way to show them the error of their actions.  Well done, I commend you.

[quote user="xyz"]What a sad bunch of tw£ts you all  are ,i feel ashamed to suport ncfc when some of the so called fans act like little pr"cks ,grow up and start acting like fans not half wits !!!!!!![/quote]

God I missed quality comments like this.....  [Y]

If you send me your email adress I''ll show you my bottom.......

You are totally right.  I am ashamed of my actions...

Actually I''m not and making the national press is fantastic - keeps the pressure on for something to change.

Well done to everyone who participated!

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Wonderful! I am proud of everyone that posted on her nice little website. Now whats next?[/quote]

You guys just crack me up with your jocular antics and keyboard bravado. Now, what''s planned for next week? Stealing candy from babies? Knocking away the blind man''s stick?

[/quote]

In the past i have supported the board... now i do not.  point one out of the way.

Point two, if Delia uses Norwich City as a way to boost her celebrity image then the fans of her arc have just hit the NATIONAL press and by hitting the national press we have shown Delia in a bad light... she won''t want that to happen and maybe it will be a sign of what to expect from the masses.... or did some of you think a smudgeresque protest would make the national press?

[quote user="Polar"]In the past i have supported the board... now i do not.  point one out of the way.

Point two, if Delia uses Norwich City as a way to boost her celebrity image then the fans of her arc have just hit the NATIONAL press and by hitting the national press we have shown Delia in a bad light... she won''t want that to happen and maybe it will be a sign of what to expect from the masses.... or did some of you think a smudgeresque protest would make the national press?[/quote]Surely it''s the club which uses her celebrity status to boost it''s image?

[quote user="JC"]

You are totally right.  I am ashamed of my actions...

Actually I''m not and making the national press is fantastic - keeps the pressure on for something to change.

Well done to everyone who participated!

[quote user="bunny"]

[/quote][/quote]

Agree it is fantastic that the national media are starting to pick up on the unease around our club.

I am sure that the national journo''s will now be keeping a keen eye out on our early season results, ready to turn up the heat in Delia''s kitchen.

Hopefully it will soon be too hot for her and her only option will be to head for the EXIT.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="camuldonum"]

To save any of you having to buy it:

Delia Smith censors her cookery website after football fans hijack it to brand her ''an old trout''

By Daniel BoffeyLast updated at 11:37 PM on 12th July 2008

It is normally a place to swap recipes and discuss the perfect poached egg, but TV cook Delia Smith’s website has been hijacked by simmering soccer supporters.

The veteran culinary writer has been forced to wipe clean the community forum page of Delia Online after angry Norwich City fans used it to air their grievances against her, as chairman of their club.

One, using the name ‘Delia Mugabe’, went as far as branding her an ‘old trout’.

Delia Smith

Shrinking fan base? Delia Smith sitting with supporters

The Norwich fans are furious that Delia, 67, and her husband, Michael Wynn-Jones, the club’s controlling shareholders for 12 years, have rejected a £20 million takeover offer by Peter Cullum.

The millionaire businessman had promised to invest in new players but Delia, herself worth an estimated £22 million, turned him down.

Delia Online

Scrubbed out: The community pages of Delia Online were wiped after criticisms of her

‘Delia Mugabe’ wrote: ‘Delia, you old trout. Stick to what you know and leave the football to the people that know best.’

The disaffected fan also made reference to the barrage of criticism that Delia faced earlier this year from other celebrity chefs over her book How To Cheat At Cooking, which offered people the chance to make their own dishes in a fraction of the time but using ingredients such as tinned mince and frozen mashed potato.

He wrote: ‘A title for your next book – how about How To Cheat Norwich Fans Out Of The Club That Is Rightfully Theirs?’

Another, warming to the theme, added: ‘I have a friend who owns a struggling football club. Some rich sort had the gall to want to invest £20 million in new players to avoid another season of scrapping around the drop zone.

‘My friend told them where to stick the money, I can tell you! Did they do the right thing?

‘Also, I have a large comically shaped parsnip. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I could do with it?’

Delia Online was set up six years ago at a cost of £1 million, offering 600 step-by-step recipes. The football-based messages were among postings asking where to buy gluten-free food and how to make a perfect rosewater cake.

Yesterday, the site’s editor said she felt forced to clear the website of the postings because they weren’t appropriate. She wrote online: ‘I’ve removed all the posts that appeared late last night.

‘It’s good to allow open and free debate but football isn’t relevant to a cookery site and many of the comments were extremely offensive. I haven’t a clue what Delia thinks, I am afraid. I would rather not comment.’

[/quote]LOVE IT....FOOKIN AWESOME POST...MAKES ME VERY VERY HAPPY... and honest i didnt post on her site :-)[/quote]How childish are some people

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think everyone is harsh on her! why should she just bow down, and accept nothing in return for her powere with our club! If Cullum had offered to buy her shares for a reasonable amount, than fair enough, she should go, but he''s being an idiot! It''just sounds like a basically wrong proposition, one of which someone with such wealth should be aware that he can sort the rubbish out, and own the whole club, for £56m at the most.Cullum, put your money where your mouth is![/quote]

he wants to pay the value of the club.. the club is not worth 56 million quid is it?

the Debts etc add on to the value.. whoch are a private matter between the Buyer of the club and the finance companies/banks.

We are worth what Cullum offerd.. 20 million.. at best

jas :)

[/quote]So if he''s offering 20 Mill how does that leave 20 Mill for the playing budget? Seems like we''d be in exactly the situation we''re in now?

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

Feel big now do we?

[/quote]

And still the apologists bleat.........

Some of us want our club back "luvvie"....and I''d rather NCFC fans were considered pro-actively "concerned" than naive and celebrity obsessed such as they are now. Desperate means demand desperate action and all that......

The "luvvies" have finally had their day at our once proud football club.......

[/quote]So how would PC owning the club mean we get "our" club back? We''re customers of a business, never owned it and never will. Get over it. IF PC decides he''s prepared to pay a fair valuation of the club, he''ll buy it. Thought you undestood spin, you''re getting enough of it from PC and sucking it down like a baby with it''s bottle.

Absolutely right SPat.

I can''t help feeling that if these anti board idiots got their heads out of their arse long enough to look at the facts, they would find that Cullum should be the one taking most of the stick.

All the money he is worth and he couldn''t put in a decent offer for the club he professes to support, just 2-3% of his total wealth.

Totally disrupting the clubs pre-season and with the help of Archant, stiring up the fans with spin that makes Doomcaster look like an amatuer.

And yet, he walks away from the whole debacle with no criticism from the majority of fans.

Don''t get me wrong, I am not a fan of the board but anyone who looks upon the events of the last two weeks with impartiality will see that neither party has come out of this very well. Cullum for his conduct and the board for their lack of communication.

Stunts like posting childish insults on a website which has no relevence to NCFC do us, the fans, no credit whatsoever.