Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Re: Update: Some of you are stars and ker-ching (ordered exclusive) this end

[quote user="camuldonum"]

To save any of you having to buy it:

Delia Smith censors her cookery website after football fans hijack it to brand her ''an old trout''

By Daniel Boffey
Last updated at 11:37 PM on 12th July 2008

It is normally a place to swap recipes and discuss the perfect poached egg, but TV cook Delia Smith’s website has been hijacked by simmering soccer supporters.

The veteran culinary writer has been forced to wipe clean the community forum page of Delia Online after angry Norwich City fans used it to air their grievances against her, as chairman of their club.

One, using the name ‘Delia Mugabe’, went as far as branding her an ‘old trout’.

Delia Smith

Shrinking fan base? Delia Smith sitting with supporters

The Norwich fans are furious that Delia, 67, and her husband, Michael Wynn-Jones, the club’s controlling shareholders for 12 years, have rejected a £20 million takeover offer by Peter Cullum.

The millionaire businessman had promised to invest in new players but Delia, herself worth an estimated £22 million, turned him down.

Delia Online

Scrubbed out: The community pages of Delia Online were wiped after criticisms of her

‘Delia Mugabe’ wrote: ‘Delia, you old trout. Stick to what you know and leave the football to the people that know best.’

The disaffected fan also made reference to the barrage of criticism that Delia faced earlier this year from other celebrity chefs over her book How To Cheat At Cooking, which offered people the chance to make their own dishes in a fraction of the time but using ingredients such as tinned mince and frozen mashed potato.

He wrote: ‘A title for your next book – how about How To Cheat Norwich Fans Out Of The Club That Is Rightfully Theirs?’

Another, warming to the theme, added: ‘I have a friend who owns a struggling football club. Some rich sort had the gall to want to invest £20 million in new players to avoid another season of scrapping around the drop zone.

‘My friend told them where to stick the money, I can tell you! Did they do the right thing?

‘Also, I have a large comically shaped parsnip. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I could do with it?’

Delia Online was set up six years ago at a cost of £1 million, offering 600 step-by-step recipes. The football-based messages were among postings asking where to buy gluten-free food and how to make a perfect rosewater cake.

Yesterday, the site’s editor said she felt forced to clear the website of the postings because they weren’t appropriate. She wrote online: ‘I’ve removed all the posts that appeared late last night.

‘It’s good to allow open and free debate but football isn’t relevant to a cookery site and many of the comments were extremely offensive. I haven’t a clue what Delia thinks, I am afraid. I would rather not comment.’

[/quote]LOVE IT....FOOKIN AWESOME POST...MAKES ME VERY VERY HAPPY... and honest i didnt post on her site :-)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="camuldonum"]

To save any of you having to buy it:

Delia Smith censors her cookery website after football fans hijack it to brand her ''an old trout''

By Daniel Boffey
Last updated at 11:37 PM on 12th July 2008

It is normally a place to swap recipes and discuss the perfect poached egg, but TV cook Delia Smith’s website has been hijacked by simmering soccer supporters.

The veteran culinary writer has been forced to wipe clean the community forum page of Delia Online after angry Norwich City fans used it to air their grievances against her, as chairman of their club.

Delia Smith

The Norwich fans are furious that Delia, 67, and her husband, Michael Wynn-Jones, the club’s controlling shareholders for 12 years, have rejected a £20 million takeover offer by Peter Cullum.

The millionaire businessman had promised to invest in new players but Delia, herself worth an estimated £22 million, turned him down.

Delia Online

Scrubbed out: The community pages of Delia Online were wiped after criticisms of her

‘Delia Mugabe’ wrote: ‘Delia, you old trout. Stick to what you know and leave the football to the people that know best.’

The disaffected fan also made reference to the barrage of criticism that Delia faced earlier this year from other celebrity chefs over her book How To Cheat At Cooking, which offered people the chance to make their own dishes in a fraction of the time but using ingredients such as tinned mince and frozen mashed potato.

He wrote: ‘A title for your next book – how about How To Cheat Norwich Fans Out Of The Club That Is Rightfully Theirs?’

Another, warming to the theme, added: ‘I have a friend who owns a struggling football club. Some rich sort had the gall to want to invest £20 million in new players to avoid another season of scrapping around the drop zone.

‘My friend told them where to stick the money, I can tell you! Did they do the right thing?

‘Also, I have a large comically shaped parsnip. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I could do with it?’

Delia Online was set up six years ago at a cost of £1 million, offering 600 step-by-step recipes. The football-based messages were among postings asking where to buy gluten-free food and how to make a perfect rosewater cake.

Yesterday, the site’s editor said she felt forced to clear the website of the postings because they weren’t appropriate. She wrote online: ‘I’ve removed all the posts that appeared late last night.

‘It’s good to allow open and free debate but football isn’t relevant to a cookery site and many of the comments were extremely offensive. I haven’t a clue what Delia thinks, I am afraid. I would rather not comment.’

[/quote]LOVE IT....FOOKIN AWESOME POST...MAKES ME VERY VERY HAPPY... and honest i didnt post on her site :-)[/quote]

Glad an elderly Colchester/Lincoln fan with The Girl Upstairs loving Norwich to bits can make people happy.

Wonderful! I am proud of everyone that posted on her nice little website. Now whats next?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Wonderful! I am proud of everyone that posted on her nice little website. Now whats next?[/quote]

You guys just crack me up with your jocular antics and keyboard bravado. Now, what''s planned for next week? Stealing candy from babies? Knocking away the blind man''s stick?

I think everyone is harsh on her! why should she just bow down, and accept nothing in return for her powere with our club! If Cullum had offered to buy her shares for a reasonable amount, than fair enough, she should go, but he''s being an idiot! It''just sounds like a basically wrong proposition, one of which someone with such wealth should be aware that he can sort the rubbish out, and own the whole club, for £56m at the most.Cullum, put your money where your mouth is!

t is normally a place to swap recipes and discuss the perfect

poached egg, but TV cook Delia Smith’s website has been hijacked by

simmering soccer supporters.

The veteran culinary writer has

been forced to wipe clean the community forum page of Delia Online

after angry Norwich City fans used it to air their grievances against

her, as chairman of their club.

Delia Smith

The

Norwich fans are furious that Delia, 67, and her husband, Michael

Wynn-Jones, the club’s controlling shareholders for 12 years, have

rejected a £20 million takeover offer by Peter Cullum.

The

millionaire businessman had promised to invest in new players but

Delia, herself worth an estimated £22 million, turned him down.

Delia Online

The

disaffected fan also made reference to the barrage of criticism that

Delia faced earlier this year from other celebrity chefs over her book

How To Cheat At Cooking, which offered people the chance to make their

own dishes in a fraction of the time but using ingredients such as

tinned mince and frozen mashed potato.

Another,

warming to the theme, added: ‘I have a friend who owns a struggling

football club. Some rich sort had the gall to want to invest £20

million in new players to avoid another season of scrapping around the

drop zone.

Delia

Online was set up six years ago at a cost of £1 million, offering 600

step-by-step recipes. The football-based messages were among postings

asking where to buy gluten-free food and how to make a perfect

rosewater cake.

Yesterday, the site’s editor said she felt forced

to clear the website of the postings because they weren’t appropriate.

She wrote online: ‘I’ve removed all the posts that appeared late last

night.‘It’s good to allow open and free debate but football

isn’t relevant to a cookery site and many of the comments were

extremely offensive. I haven’t a clue what Delia thinks, I am afraid. I

would rather not comment.’here is a link:http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1034574/Delia-Smith-censors-cookery-website-football-fans-hijack-brand-old-trout.htmlThis is the sort of thing that will let her know how annoyed with the current situation we are. Any more ideas?[:P][;)][:D]

What a con, the ginger bloke in that photograph works in the Gunn Club, yet more reason to treat the old bint with the utmost suspicion.

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Wonderful! I am proud of everyone that posted on her nice little website. Now whats next?[/quote]

You guys just crack me up with your jocular antics and keyboard bravado. Now, what''s planned for next week? Stealing candy from babies? Knocking away the blind man''s stick?

[/quote]

I think that they might risk stealing the candy from babies but probably think that knocking away the blind man''s stick is a bit risky - he might be in  aposition to hit back.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think everyone is harsh on her! why should she just bow down, and accept nothing in return for her powere with our club! If Cullum had offered to buy her shares for a reasonable amount, than fair enough, she should go, but he''s being an idiot! It''just sounds like a basically wrong proposition, one of which someone with such wealth should be aware that he can sort the rubbish out, and own the whole club, for £56m at the most.

Cullum, put your money where your mouth is!
[/quote]

he wants to pay the value of the club.. the club is not worth 56 million quid is it?

the Debts etc add on to the value.. whoch are a private matter between the Buyer of the club and the finance companies/banks.

We are worth what Cullum offerd.. 20 million.. at best

jas :)

[quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]Interesting analogy, Bunny.  Unlike the blind man and the babies, I reckon Ms Smith''s quite capable of defending herself.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think everyone is harsh on her! why should she just bow down, and accept nothing in return for her powere with our club! If Cullum had offered to buy her shares for a reasonable amount, than fair enough, she should go, but he''s being an idiot! It''just sounds like a basically wrong proposition, one of which someone with such wealth should be aware that he can sort the rubbish out, and own the whole club, for £56m at the most.

[/quote]

he wants to pay the value of the club.. the club is not worth 56 million quid is it?

the Debts etc add on to the value.. whoch are a private matter between the Buyer of the club and the finance companies/banks.

[/quote]

How lucky we are to have so many financial aspects in our mists. Your financial experience/ qualifications for reaching this conclusion are...?

Or is it just hot air?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How lucky we are to have so many financial aspects in our mists. Your financial experience/ qualifications for reaching this conclusion are...?

Or is it just hot air?

[/quote]

ok base it on this.. Marcus Evans bought Ipswich Towns Debt.. for what was it??? 40 million? does that make Ipswich town WORTH 40 million? or does it make them worth noting because Evans never acquied the club?

invading Delias website is going to matter little... its probably managed by some company elsewhere and she never looks at it anyway... her publishing company will feed back anything positive to her and not tell her anything negative?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think everyone is harsh on her! why should she just bow down, and accept nothing in return for her powere with our club! If Cullum had offered to buy her shares for a reasonable amount, than fair enough, she should go, but he''s being an idiot! It''just sounds like a basically wrong proposition, one of which someone with such wealth should be aware that he can sort the rubbish out, and own the whole club, for £56m at the most.Cullum, put your money where your mouth is![/quote]

[/quote]cullum should buy the shareholders out at a fair open market price - i dunno what that is, but that seems the best way forward.  but as well know, investments can go up and down, and thats life...why should the smiths get back what they put in??? as well know, investments can go up and down, and thats life...maybe if they''d make a success of the team on the park, the club would be in the prem and it would be worth more...

Jas

Question: Your financial experience/ qualifications for reaching this conclusion are...?

Or is it just hot air?

Answer: ok base it on this.. Marcus Evans bought Ipswich Towns Debt.. for what was it??? 40 million? does that make Ipswich town WORTH 40 million? or does it make them worth noting because Evans never acquied the club?

Conclusion: Hot air it is then!

Mr Cullum himself agreed that £56m was a reasonable valuation.  It''s just that he isn''t going to pay that................

Feel big now do we?

Don''t think the article presents your message or campaign in a positive light nor reflects well on the NCFC community at large.

But then you lot have never let the facts get in your way anyway.

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Feel big now do we?

Don''t think the article presents your message or campaign in a positive light nor reflects well on the NCFC community at large.

[/quote]I''m not a supporter of this action either.  But, seeing as you sound so wise, feel free to dispense all the facts... we''re listening...

So why didn''t you put the £56m figure in your article? The £20m figure is quoted but not the £36m valuation of the club. I appreciate you''ve got to sell your article but couldn''t it have been a bit more balanced?

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Feel big now do we?

[/quote]

And still the apologists bleat.........

Some of us want our club back "luvvie"....and I''d rather NCFC fans were considered pro-actively "concerned" than naive and celebrity obsessed such as they are now. Desperate means demand desperate action and all that......

The "luvvies" have finally had their day at our once proud football club.......

[quote user="1st Wizard"]In the long run, it probably mattered not one jot, but I salute everyone of you who had a go, well done!.[Y][/quote]

Thanks mr. 1st wiz sir. Much appreciated like.