Sign in to follow this  
Niche

Delia Smith interview on BBC in February

Apologies if already posted, but not showing up explicitly in the ''search'' function. This was sent to me earlier in week, but only as a Youtube link, so hadn''t bothered watching until now:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCkInteresting quote is at 1:59 - "I have to

face up to one thing….if somebody comes along and says I will put £20m into

Norwich City Football Club, on the playing side, not just on the day to day

scrabbling to survive, the supporters would not forgive me if I turned it down’
"An interesting choice of figure to use.........

Oh dear , you can just feel the noose tightening around her neck .

This thread has been very quiet considering. I suppose it will get busier in the morning. Looking forward to see what some of Delia''s defenders have to say about this one.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

This thread has been very quiet considering. I suppose it will get busier in the morning. Looking forward to see what some of Delia''s defenders have to say about this one.

[/quote]Probably due to the lack of a sensational post title! The thing that gets me most about this quote is that, unlike others, where there have been claims of things being taken out of context, you can see how it all evolves in the interview. It''s a calm, seemingly considered, response to a national journalist, and names a figure that, although round-sum, has appeared all too much this last fortnight to surely be co-incidence.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]You need to do it like this...[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]SHE LIED AND LIED AND LIED[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Hello, is that City Car Taxis? yes.. we need a car for Carrow road... just give it 20 minutes whilst she clears her desk...

jas :)

[quote user="Niched"]Apologies if already posted, but not showing up explicitly in the ''search'' function. This was sent to me earlier in week, but only as a Youtube link, so hadn''t bothered watching until now:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCkInteresting quote is at 1:59 - "I have to

[/quote]maybe thats why PC used that figure???  but point scoring is nots what required here, the best outcome for NCFC would be for PC to return and buy the club out at a fair open market valuation...fresh start, old guard out, new in, perfect...

Oh dear! Oh dear!Oh dear!

Everything said goes against everything that has come out this week.She talks a load of B******S.

Perhaps this should be emailed to Doomcaster to explain.It proves that she lies lies lies...

OUR club will never get another chance like this again from Cullum and all she sees is HER club.

Why are these things not thrown at her for a response from Archant or is that too difficult journalism.She has to respond

to this and prove why we are not taking Cullum up on his offer,and prove to the supporters the genuine reason it was turned down.

She will be backed into a hole and the reasons given to us or I see all hell braking loose next seson if it all starts to go T***S up.

WE WANT THE TRUTH AND WE WANT IT NOW.................

£20million hey, I wonder where that figure came from [^o)]The thing I don''t understand is why she would come out with that quote some four months after an offer that met that criteria was made. She must have known that details of Mr Cullums offer would eventually be released which would leave her in a difficult position. Did she want his offer to become public knowledge? This interview coupled with the one at the Norfolk Show almost seem to be trying to flush Mr Cullum out. Why do that? She must have known that the vast majority of fans would be so starstruck by the £20million to spend on players that they would immediately take Mr Cullums side. Why put yourself in that position? It just doesn''t make sense.

Oh dear, not good, and another of the reasons why I think her position is getting untenable now.  Why does she not just come out and tell the fans the truth?  At least she might have a little dignity left in doing so.

[quote user="Niched"]Apologies if already posted, but not showing up explicitly in the ''search'' function. This was sent to me earlier in week, but only as a Youtube link, so hadn''t bothered watching until now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk

Interesting quote is at 1:59 - "I have to face up to one thing….if somebody comes along and says I will put £20m into Norwich City Football Club, on the playing side, not just on the day to day scrabbling to survive, the supporters would not forgive me if I turned it down’"

An interesting choice of figure to use.........

[/quote]

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for posting this, it''s dynamite.

Other than the bit you''ve posted, I found the bit where she is asked whether the premier league is realistic for Norwich or whether Norwich should just be looking for financial stability. She replies that the only realistic chance for stability is if the club IS in the Premier League. HELLO, going a funny way about it then aren''t you Delia?

She then follows this by saying being a millionaire isn''t enough, you have to be a billionaire to run a succesful top flight club - HELLO AGAIN, we''ve got a Billionaire knocking on the door for Christ''s sake, and this is likely to be the only time that happens!!!

I would suggest we all print out this thread, including the link, send it to Auntie Delia, Doomcaster, EDP, Evening News, The Sun, post it on her cookery site, football message boards and anywhere else anyone can think about.

Oh and please do come onto the pitch and put it to a vote Delia, I can''t wait.

Nice spot Niched, I''m very surprised that the EDP and other papers didn''t pick up on this quote and use it one of there recent articles. I don''t like to see Delia under pressure but when she is coming out with quotes like this and isn''t doing very much at all to explain her side to the fans, then you can''t expect anything else other than growing pressure from the fans. How long is it going to take before Delia and Co explain there side!

[quote user="Niched"]Apologies if already posted, but not showing up explicitly in the ''search'' function. This was sent to me earlier in week, but only as a Youtube link, so hadn''t bothered watching until now:

Interesting quote is at 1:59 - "I have to face up to one thing….if somebody comes along and says I will put £20m into Norwich City Football Club, on the playing side, not just on the day to day scrabbling to survive, the supporters would not forgive me if I turned it down’"

An interesting choice of figure to use.........

[/quote]

Quick click link

Oh dear Delia....In your own words ''you need to be a billionaire these days''

The fans will never forgive you if you don''t come clean now, have some dignity before it''s too late if it''s not already.

Great find Niched

This thread must stay

Pete- can you keep it up top of list or create new thread with title ''The TRUTH''

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I am real shocked that this hasn''t had more of a response from the fans both sides of the fence, and the ones sitting on the fence.[/quote]

It''s quite simple for this fence sitter :-

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum, whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders, and delivering a solution that the directors of Norwich City Football Club consider to be in the best interests of the club and its stakeholders"

It doesn''t say anywhere that Delia Smith has turned Peter Cullum down. Now according to a poster yesterday Peter Cullum is going to blow us off the fence later this week with startling revelations of what''s really been going on. Until then we just have this joint statement.

Now I can''t see why this hasn''t led to more posters from both sides getting on the fence.

We need to get this interview out there and demand some answers.

Copy and past the link this is from You Tube and talks of the £20,000,000 and she says if there was anything contentious she will run on the pitch and let the fans have a vote!!!

I am not anti Delia but I am a fan of over 40 years and given the fact that we do not have the money to support our manager in his efforts to put together a competitive team its time for Delia to find a compromise and bring in the money.

I really do not see what the problem is. He loosely offered 20 million in October and she has referred to it. What''s the problem?

[quote user="Niched"]Apologies if already posted, but not showing up explicitly in the ''search'' function. This was sent to me earlier in week, but only as a Youtube link, so hadn''t bothered watching until now:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCkInteresting quote is at 1:59 - "I have to

[/quote]Oh go on then i''ll bite. I imagine i''m one of the people up on the fence. It would seem a perfectly reasonable thing to say "£20M etc etc", but surely not "Oh and if they do, i''ll give them the keys to Carrow Rd and walk away". No one would do that. I doubt whether Delia thought that particular scenario would ever appear. Depressing it is, (and I was really looking forward to the new season 2 weeks ago)  but where do we go now. Protests? Walk outs? We need to be sure of what it is we are trying to achieve here. Like anything else there needs to be a reasonable aternative. Mr Cullum needs to come up with more than he has so far.  Come on PC, really put your money where many of the fan''s mouths are.

In this interview she did say she wouldn''t sell to the wrong preson, and always says sell.  I think she is being consistent.But I suppose it is perfectly reasonable to blame someone for a misinterpretion of one of their statements however.   So she''s greedy and evil and hates us and is a witch, FACT, she weighs the same as a duck BURN HER!!!!!!!!

Well what can you say about this, in the end this could be Delia''s final nail in the coffin. I am really surprised Archant have not used this for more spin, who has a funny feeling this might be in the EDP tomorrow??

I don''t have a problem with Delia herself, which makes me struggle to call for her head, until we all know the proper figures I won''t call for her head either. BUT from our position it looks like she is holding the club back, we need proper facts from the Club, and until then I am losing respect for them everyday.