Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

I'm staying on the fence for now...

I don''t think many fans will be on the fence by the end of next week when they read what really went on this week. NO meeting, NO proper negotiation, in fact they just made it as difficult as possible for Cullum, in the end frustrating him and making him angry.

[quote user="good tips"]I don''t think many fans will be on the fence by the end of next week when they read what really went on this week. NO meeting, NO proper negotiation, in fact they just made it as difficult as possible for Cullum, in the end frustrating him and making him angry.[/quote]again - if what you say is true - the fence will have turned metal, with spikes on!!! ouch...wince?><

[quote user="good tips"]I don''t think many fans will be on the fence by the end of next week when they read what really went on this week. NO meeting, NO proper negotiation, in fact they just made it as difficult as possible for Cullum, in the end frustrating him and making him angry.[/quote]

Don''t make us wait[sn][O][|-)] Tell us now[:-*]

Then we can get down and have a good rant with the others[st][li][:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="good tips"]I don''t think many fans will be on the fence by the end of next week when they read what really went on this week. NO meeting, NO proper negotiation, in fact they just made it as difficult as possible for Cullum, in the end frustrating him and making him angry.[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t say any more right now other than I hope fans believe what Cullum says next week and then understand that the board have lied in one big cover up to allow them to run THEIR cosy club THEIR way with all THEIR lack of ambition. What sort of owners are they. What other PLC directors can hide behind their staff and say nothing when all is chaos around them.

These people do not deserve any trust.

[quote user="good tips"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Can''t say any more right now other than I hope fans believe what Cullum says next week and then understand that the board have lied in one big cover up to allow them to run THEIR cosy club THEIR way with all THEIR lack of ambition. What sort of owners are they. What other PLC directors can hide behind their staff and say nothing when all is chaos around them.

[/quote]how comes cullum and the board issued a friendly joint statement???  not saying you''re wrong, but even if cullum was privately p@@sed off but went along with joint statement for the sake of NCFC - why would he a week later tell all???sorry mate, don''t square up for me...but will await next weeks headlines with interest?<>

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="good tips"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how comes cullum and the board issued a friendly joint statement???  not saying you''re wrong, but even if cullum was privately p@@sed off but went along with joint statement for the sake of NCFC - why would he a week later tell all???

sorry mate, don''t square up for me...but will await next weeks headlines with interest?<>
[/quote]

No prob , I understand what you are saying. He agreed the statement for the good of the club right now, but he did NOT agree all the other rubbish spouted by Doncaster on the radio and the story in the press about how the board had worked tirelessly to sort a deal out. These are lies

I understand your hesitancy but it will all come out later next week and it wont be pleasant... I just hope the fans believe Cullum. Lets wait and see

[quote user="good tips"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="good tips"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]how comes cullum and the board issued a friendly joint statement???  not saying you''re wrong, but even if cullum was privately p@@sed off but went along with joint statement for the sake of NCFC - why would he a week later tell all???sorry mate, don''t square up for me...but will await next weeks headlines with interest?<>[/quote]

No prob , I understand what you are saying. He agreed the statement for the good of the club right now, but he did NOT agree all the other rubbish spouted by Doncaster on the radio and the story in the press about how the board had worked tirelessly to sort a deal out. These are lies

I understand your hesitancy but it will all come out later next week and it wont be pleasant... I just hope the fans believe Cullum. Lets wait and see

[/quote]fair enough...proof of the pudding and all that><>

[quote user="good tips"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="good tips"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how comes cullum and the board issued a friendly joint statement???  not saying you''re wrong, but even if cullum was privately p@@sed off but went along with joint statement for the sake of NCFC - why would he a week later tell all???

sorry mate, don''t square up for me...but will await next weeks headlines with interest?<>
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whilst I look forward to hearing PC''s side of things, as it''s only right, surely it would be folly for the board and Mr D to have told untruths to us paying fans, & share holders?

So many things don''t add up right now for me, and to be quite honest my head is spinning, i''m not sleeping worrying about whether we will have a team at the start of season, stupid as that may sound, that''s how passionate I feel about  NCFC. 

I think it''s tragic as a supporter of NCFC to have no trust in the board, but trust is earnt, it''s not god given.  Slowly over the years my trust of the board has lessened.  I read the headlines and simply shake my head wondering when it will all end.  And I don''t think I''m alone in these feelings.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="good tips"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="good tips"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]how comes cullum and the board issued a friendly joint statement???  not saying you''re wrong, but even if cullum was privately p@@sed off but went along with joint statement for the sake of NCFC - why would he a week later tell all???sorry mate, don''t square up for me...but will await next weeks headlines with interest?<>[/quote]

[/quote]

Whilst I look forward to hearing PC''s side of things, as it''s only right, surely it would be folly for the board and Mr D to have told untruths to us paying fans, & share holders?

So many things don''t add up right now for me, and to be quite honest my head is spinning, i''m not sleeping worrying about whether we will have a team at the start of season, stupid as that may sound, that''s how passionate I feel about  NCFC. 

I think it''s tragic as a supporter of NCFC to have no trust in the board, but trust is earnt, it''s not god given.  Slowly over the years my trust of the board has lessened.  I read the headlines and simply shake my head wondering when it will all end.  And I don''t think I''m alone in these feelings.

[/quote]agreed, this affair has been lose, lose and lose again, for all concerned with NCFC...lets hope roedy pulls a couple of decent signings outa the hat to give us all a lift next week!!!

I am feeling quite positive that Roeder will pull off a couple or maybe more decent signings in the next few days. He is a man who will do anything to make sure he has the right players for the team. Now is the time for the Board to dig deep to support the manager. Doomcaster did state to Glenn that if he keeps us up he can have as much money as he wants for the team. Oh shit thats the 37th lie ive heard in the last few days. Whether i like the board or not i will always give 100% support to the football team, and if Glenn cant get anymore players in then i think we should raise the roof next season and get the ground rocking. Its not the manager or the players fault all this takeover stuff is happening, so to turn on the players and manager if we have a shaky start would be a travesty. Lets get right behind the team from the start and show our passion for the boys.

On the ball city.................

[quote user="Lee Oliver"]

Hi Nutty.

Good post mate, keep it up.

Hope the familys well.

[/quote]

Hi Lee

Nice to see you posting again. The family are all fine thanks[Y]

Hows your little grandchild?

I do not want my club sold cheaply to the first opportunist that comes along if only because the fence may collapse.

Delia 1 Cullum 0.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

I do not want my club sold cheaply to the first opportunist that comes along if only because the fence may collapse.

Delia 1 Cullum 0.

[/quote]

That''s the away leg......Let''s just see what happens at home.

Well there seems to be two (or more) versions of what happened at this ''meeting'', so perhaps time will tell us all....though why should anyone believe you in what you are saying here any more than those whose accounts are different? 

If, when the ''truth'' comes out and Delia et al look like a bunch of money grabbing rank amateurs, all well and good, but what astounds me at the moment is that just about any old b-s about the club seems to be lbelieved by all and sundry, and the more negative the better.  And so far - forgive me if I''m wrong - all it seems you have done so far is feed trite comments to those who will lap them up, with absolutely no substance whatsoever.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Well there seems to be two (or more) versions of what happened at this ''meeting'', so perhaps time will tell us all....though why should anyone believe you in what you are saying here any more than those whose accounts are different? 

If, when the ''truth'' comes out and Delia et al look like a bunch of money grabbing rank amateurs, all well and good, but what astounds me at the moment is that just about any old b-s about the club seems to be lbelieved by all and sundry, and the more negative the better.  And so far - forgive me if I''m wrong - all it seems you have done so far is feed trite comments to those who will lap them up, with absolutely no substance whatsoever.

[/quote]

I suspect that those who post ''factually'' on this forum, have absolutely no idea what went on regarding discussions between the two parties.

Yet, some want a piece of the ''action''.......Call it attention seeking, mischief making or whatever. It''s good fun reading the amateur ''fictioneers'', and their ''factual an'' pukka gen'' inputs. But, until the truth rears its laborious head (if it ever does), then we, ''the mushrooms'', until (and if when) - will just have to wait till we break the surface of the bull$hit - and actually see what the reality of the situation is.

Why don''t the local media get some shovels......and start digging?

Anyway, it is all a good chuckle though, from one extreme to another. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]The same reason they haven''t bothered up until now, and have at best been mildly critical even during the Grant debacle, Hartsongate etc. - if they are shown the door, they have no sources.  And then us mushrooms end up subscribing to Dick Ringworm''s website to read Mick Dennis''s one eyed tributes to Delia, a lady he believes to be "even more fragrant than Mary Archer".

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

The same reason they haven''t bothered up until now, and have at best been mildly critical even during the Grant debacle, Hartsongate etc. - if they are shown the door, they have no sources.  And then us mushrooms end up subscribing to Dick Ringworm''s website to read Mick Dennis''s one eyed tributes to Delia, a lady he believes to be "even more fragrant than Mary Archer".
[/quote]

Ahh..... Dick Menace and Whack Ringworm.....Splendid sporty writers, peering, blunt pencils at the ready - from the pockets of football''s journalistic paucity....Particulary determined - not to rock the coracle of Carra....(and sharing the one paddle).

I sadly, have no time for either.......[|-)]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Your reaction to what I say is understandable. You dont know me and I dont know you ,so fair enough. What you choose to believe is up to you, but you will find truth in what I say next week. All I can tell you is that I have been party to some of the goings on but only from Cullum''s side. I can give you no more substance, other than to say that it will all be proved next week. I know there was no meeting with the club and I know that they issued him with a list of some pretty ridiculous questions before  they would meet with him. They know he is busy running his business, he was not available for a meeting this week, this had already been stated in the EDP. They want to frustrate him and make him back down because either Delia does not want to let go of control or because she does not want to stay on  with a new board in control and therefore wants him to buy her out completely at an un-realistic cost per share.

Cullum''s side of things will come out next week, but he is not the sort of man who is was to issue a rash statement in a hurry over the weekend. He will consult people first then act, you watch the papers next week. He will not put up with the way things have been distorted by the club. Whether or not it will result in things going further with NCFC will depend on the fans reaction to the news and then Delia''s reation to them.

[quote user="good tips"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Your reaction to what I say is understandable. You dont know me and I dont know you ,so fair enough. What you choose to believe is up to you, but you will find truth in what I say next week. All I can tell you is that I have been party to some of the goings on but only from Cullum''s side. I can give you no more substance, other than to say that it will all be proved next week. I know there was no meeting with the club and I know that they issued him with a list of some pretty ridiculous questions before  they would meet with him. They know he is busy running his business, he was not available for a meeting this week, this had already been stated in the EDP. They want to frustrate him and make him back down because either Delia does not want to let go of control or because she does not want to stay on  with a new board in control and therefore wants him to buy her out completely at an un-realistic cost per share.

Cullum''s side of things will come out next week, but he is not the sort of man who is was to issue a rash statement in a hurry over the weekend. He will consult people first then act, you watch the papers next week. He will not put up with the way things have been distorted by the club. Whether or not it will result in things going further with NCFC will depend on the fans reaction to the news and then Delia''s reation to them.

[/quote]

Why are you persisting with the use of the word "truth"? What you''re saying is - "believe Cullum''s spin and not the NCFC spin".

Whatever you believe, and whoever it''s coming from, it''s ALL spin.

[quote user="good tips"]

Cullum''s side of things will come out next week, but he is not the sort of man who is was to issue a rash statement in a hurry over the weekend. [/quote]

Except for this joint statement .........

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum, whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders, and delivering a solution that the directors of Norwich City Football Club consider to be in the best interests of the club and its stakeholders"

.......which he must have agreed to and is the reason I''m staying on the fence for now.

Anyway stick around because we always need good tips. I could have used some good tips at Newmarket last week however there are always plenty of good tips on the "Free Bet Thread". But a word of warning - I give my barber a good tip and yet people are always asking when I''m going back to get the haircut finished [:S]

[quote user="Mook"]

Why are you persisting with the use of the word "truth"? What you''re saying is - "believe Cullum''s spin and not the NCFC spin".

[/quote]

Quite so.  It seems that when it is the club comments it is spin and to be disbelieved, when it is anyone else''s comment it is 100% truthful until proven otherwise (and then still believed by some); for me, the biggest piece of spin I have ever seen with regard to NCFC was Cullum''s ''interview'' in last week''s EDP.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Quite so.  It seems that when it is the club comments it is spin and to be disbelieved, when it is anyone else''s comment it is 100% truthful until proven otherwise (and then still believed by some); for me, the biggest piece of spin I have ever seen with regard to NCFC was Cullum''s ''interview'' in last week''s EDP.

[/quote]

The frightening thing is that most on here know that Cullum is driven by a huge press machine, they know that it''s all spin, but because the story is in the fans favour, and against Delia, they just lap it up. Weird.

I''ve had about 10 replies saying words to the effect "I know it''s spin, but there must be some truth in it". Apply that same theory to Doomy and Delia''s nonsense then!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The frightening thing is that most on here know that Cullum is driven by a huge press machine, they know that it''s all spin, but because the story is in the fans favour, and against Delia, they just lap it up. Weird.

I''ve had about 10 replies saying words to the effect "I know it''s spin, but there must be some truth in it". Apply that same theory to Doomy and Delia''s nonsense then!

[/quote]The trouble is, is that us fans want it so much that some start thinking it''s true and want it to be real.

[quote user="good tips"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well...I believe you Good Tits......

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="good tips"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well...I believe you Good Tits......

[/quote]

You wait....... by next Friday you will all be saying Good tips was right.!!!!

[quote]The frightening thing is that most on here know that Cullum is driven by a huge press machine, they know that it''s all spin, but because the story is in the fans favour, and against Delia, they just lap it up. Weird.[/quote]Not really, in a consumerist society, people pick the brands that best suit them at the time.  So why should picking a story that best suits the needs of the fans be any different ?   Most people don''t vote Labour or Conservative out of deeply held principles any more, it''s just a case of which brand looks best at the time.Cullums'' side of the story will be the majoritys'' "truth", because it''s the story that most fans believe will benefit them most - that 20 million hanging in the air does wonders for his popularity.  That''s just human nature.

[quote user="good tips"]

You wait....... by next Friday you will all be saying Good tips was right.!!!! [/quote]

But the worst is over Bly..........

Just one day to go and we can all get down....

I think[^o)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

There must be some pretty sore backsides up there by now.

OTBC

[/quote]

I brought a cushion, so I''m alright.