Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

I'm staying on the fence for now...

At least some people on this message board can still see sence.Cullum has made a cheeky bid, using the media and the disappointment of the fans from a poor season. But Delia et al, haven''t appeared that welcoming, although neither would I have been if someone was causing so much trouble for me.If Cullum wants Norwich then he will have to pay a fair price for it, not offer an insulting price and use the venom of angry fans to help push through his deal.I doubt we will ever get the full details of what happened, but for now all I care about is signing a striker and a defender! Welcome back from Devon Glenn, hope you have your tin hat and body armour ready for the war zone you are returning to on the Colney front.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]At least some people on this message board can still see sence.

Cullum has made a cheeky bid, using the media and the disappointment of the fans from a poor season. But Delia et al, haven''t appeared that welcoming, although neither would I have been if someone was causing so much trouble for me.

If Cullum wants Norwich then he will have to pay a fair price for it, not offer an insulting price and use the venom of angry fans to help push through his deal.

I doubt we will ever get the full details of what happened, but for now all I care about is signing a striker and a defender!

Welcome back from Devon Glenn, hope you have your tin hat and body armour ready for the war zone you are returning to on the Colney front.
[/quote]

Using the medium, I can still see seance...

Disappointment of the fans from a poor season? Shouldn''t that be plural of season, not singular.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I fell off the fence in spectacular style this morning and have yet to

decide whether or not to return... if my seat is still free could

someone stick their jumper on it for a bit...?[/quote]I''ll save you a seat EM, you''ll be back [;)]It''s possible to sit on this lovely fence of ours and hope that we get outside investment and it''s possible to sit here and believe that the current board have made fudamental mistakes in the way the club has been run over the last four seasons. This fence, which I believe Nutty is in the process of reinforcing, is a place for posters who are waiting for the full facts to emerge from both sides before we start planning protests. For posters who are slightly embarrassed by those who now choose to invade a cookery website and antagonise a load of middle aged women or who think it''s acceptable to call Delia a b*tch.Don''t confuse us with ''pro-boarders'', ''Delia luvvies'' or whatever the current term is, we''re just waiting for all of the facts to emerge. If the rest of you wish to make up your minds based on a couple of articles from Peter Cullum''s PR men, Delia''s performance at the Norfolk Show, two extremely bland press releases and some seriously shoddy journalism that''s your look out. I''ll stay up here until I find out the full reasoning behind the termination of the talks and I have a feeling that the realease of this information will not take too long.I don''t think we''ve seen the end of Mr Cullum (see Fat Prophet''s thread earlier today) and I think he''ll be back with an improved offer before long. These talks have been terminated for now but there''s no reason whatsoever why a new round of talks can''t begin some time in the future. If they do where will you all stand then. Will it prove that Mr Cullums original offer was unacceptable and he was trying to get the club on the cheap? Or will it prove that Delia and MWJ are simply asking for too much money to relinquish control? Or will we still be none the wiser as both sides continue to do their dealings through the press? Should Nutty be building a gate somewhere in our fence just in case some of you want to swap sides [:P]I''ve rambled somewhat, and have even managed to somewhat serios in parts which simply won''t do, so I''ll leave it at that. However, I would just like to thank my bosses for signing me up for the most tedious course in the history of insurance (and believe me there''s stiff competition out there for that title) and ensuring that I missed all the fun here today [N]

I agree with these posts, I do wonder whether Mr Doncaster has let slip that as he says "anybody can hand over a cheque to help buy players" and that Peter Cullum has done just that but they need to keep quiet in case of increased transfer prices.

[quote user="Shack Attack"] This fence, which I believe Nutty is in the process of reinforcing, is a place for posters who are waiting for the full facts to emerge from both sides before we start planning protests. For posters who are slightly embarrassed by those who now choose to invade a cookery website and antagonise a load of middle aged women or who think it''s acceptable to call Delia a b*tch.

Don''t confuse us with ''pro-boarders'', ''Delia luvvies'' or whatever the current term is, we''re just waiting for all of the facts to emerge. If the rest of you wish to make up your minds based on a couple of articles from Peter Cullum''s PR men, Delia''s performance at the Norfolk Show, two extremely bland press releases and some seriously shoddy journalism that''s your look out. I''ll stay up here until I find out the full reasoning behind the termination of the talks and I have a feeling that the realease of this information will not take too long.

Should Nutty be building a gate somewhere in our fence just in case some of you want to swap sides [:P]

[N]
[/quote]

Shack, that is a most excellent post.

As for swapping sides though, I think we are all really on the same side in that we want our football club to rise up again....only it may take a bit longer now.

Except for the eejits who cuss everything about the club and still profess to be supporters.

the facts of this case would be simpler if a straight forward takover bid had been mounted...we''ve all seen what the club believes its value is, but becuase of the way the cullum deal was brokered, we don''t absolutely know what his value is.?<because a ''like for like'' comparasion cannot be made, its difficult to see who is the deal maker and who is the deal breaker, and/or how far the parties are apart.  what should be clear though, and something all NCFC fans should agree on, is the basis on which NCFC should be sold, to PC or any outside investors...the boards criteria for bringing in an outside investor is so specific that hardly anyone could qualify - just how many rich norfolk people are there longing to invest their hard-earned in NCFC???  in the same vein as  channel 4''s property ladder - peoples expectations of the perfect house is often revised by the reality of what they can afford - NCFC probably found they had a dream buyer - except when the offer came through, it seriously undervalued them.(or that they overvalued the club - depending on your point of view)...cos at the end of the day, the money talked./,So, to my mind, lets get real, NCFC is a business - and therefore the club should be valued purely at that level><> never mind what the shareholders have put in, if the club is worth X amount, then thats the amount a bonafide business person should offer...if the club was quoted on the stock-exchange, in the current climate - would the club be worth £30 a share??? certainly, to buy the shares at that price would likely give the smiths back what they''ve put in over the years...who knows, i don''t...but all this guff over ''delia deserves to get out what she put in'' should be put to the sword...clearly, that kind of position is unfair to potential investors and damaging to the interests of NCFC, which is in the final analysis a business...how do the fence sitters feel about this???i''m all for an outside business person of sound repute putting investment the clubs way, and at a ''fair market price.'' but also, if the current shareholders do not want to continue on the board, then again, thats their right.  therefore, at the mo, the current cullum deal (as far as we probably know) - doesn''t meet the wishes of the majority shareholders...and i agree they shouldn''t be pushed down a road they don''t want to go...thats unreasonable in my view, and where PC has fallen down...BUT - that the board should realise their £30 share valuation is probably too high (dunno,is it???) , and may be detering a takeover by suitable investors...so, does anyone know what a fair and true ''open'' market valuation of NCFC would be??? there seems to be loads of financial bods on here these days, somebody must know???

Lucky - As far as I know the valuation of £30 per share is the value that the club put on the unissued shares it holds. Yes the statement put a valuation on the club''s shares of 16m but in truth individual shareholders can name their own price.

My Dad paid £25 for 25 shares many many years ago. I still have those shares now but the only time I remember them having a value was when I was offered £17.50 each for them in the 80''s just after Ken Brown was sacked.

Delia''s shares are the same. The value of them is only what the buyer and seller agree when they change hands. As far as I am aware we have no idea what peter Cullum is prepared to offer her for them, if anything. And we have no idea what she is prepared to accept. If anything.

That''s how I understand it works anyway. That''s why I''m on this fence. I could easily be wrong though - do you understand it differently?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Lucky - As far as I know the valuation of £30 per share is the value that the club put on the unissued shares it holds. Yes the statement put a valuation on the club''s shares of 16m but in truth individual shareholders can name their own price.

My Dad paid £25 for 25 shares many many years ago. I still have those shares now but the only time I remember them having a value was when I was offered £17.50 each for them in the 80''s just after Ken Brown was sacked.

Delia''s shares are the same. The value of them is only what the buyer and seller agree when they change hands. As far as I am aware we have no idea what peter Cullum is prepared to offer her for them, if anything. And we have no idea what she is prepared to accept. If anything.

That''s how I understand it works anyway. That''s why I''m on this fence. I could easily be wrong though - do you understand it differently?

[/quote]

I always understand it differently Nutty, but that''s because I like being obtuse.

However, I claim to have been spot on in my analysis of this saga so far and in my opinion we have quite a way to run before things become clearer.

Stand by for a little more stirring of the pot next week Nutty. You might find it starts to get a bit uncomfy on that fence soon.

Next time you nip round aunties for tea there might only be toast on offer.

Being obtuse suits you Ricky.

But your analysis of this saga has been rather short of substance although your post does remind me that bread and water could easily be toast and tea [C]

Being obtuse suits you Ricky.

But your analysis of this saga has been rather short of substance although your post does remind me that bread and water could easily be toast and tea [C]

[/quote]

But only when it goes cold.

[/quote]i don''t know enough to pretend to offer a knowledgeable opinion on these matters...however, if the majority shareholders wish to sell - and i believe that have stated in the they will to the right buyer - it also seems ''at the right price'' should be added to that statement and their list of criteria...to my feeble mind, if a majority shareholder announces they wish to sell their company - they weaken their position, than if they are sought out to sell by a potential investor, and so should be prepared to accept a ''fair and proper'' valuation of what their business is actually worth...not what they think it should be worth...does anyone actually believe the club is worth £56m??? therefore, the £30 valuation could be well overvalued...or bag on the money, i don''t know???  someone on this message board surely has the knowledge to opine what the NCFC shares would be worth on the open market???either way, now that the cullum approach has flushed out the boards valuation of the club - do the fence sitters believe this figure is fair, reasonable, and likely to attract bids from interested investors??? if the answer is no, no and no - then imo the board are not acting in the best interests of NCFC...my opinion on the past 2 weeks is this - that once the valuation was publically put out, PC should have realised that buying the club out was the only game in town and prepared a bid on that basis - sticking to his original script  was a waste of time...and in turn made the meeting between him and the club appear farcical...if he wanted to buy a seat on the board, he should have been prepared to do so on the same terms as the turners did...if he wouldn''t, then he should have bid to buy the whole club...anything less is taking the p@@s imo?<>clearly, PC didn''t want to pay £56m or anything close to it - but would anybody else??? does this mean he was undervaluing the club unfairly, or that the club were unfairly overvaluing the club...and are continuing to do so???i can see it both ways to an extent - but ultimately, i want NCFC to have a footy side that has a genuine and credible prem ambition...i don''t see it from the current board, but neither did i see it entirely by PC - cos to begin with, he would have had to invest in the same way as the turners, or to buy the club...so thats where, i am, saddened and disappointed that a deal couldn''t be struck fairly and squarely for the mutual benefit of all - win, win, winall i can see tonight is lose, lose, lose!!!

But Lucky, the valuation that really matters is what Delia and MWJ would agree to sell their personal shareholding to the right buyer. Nobody knows that. The club valuation was a figure based on all the shares being worth the £30 that the unissued shares were valued at which is clearly rubbish.

I''m waiting too. I still don''t know the full facts, infact, I bet no one does here. He could have offered Delia a lower amount, she could have asked for more, I don''t know. At the end of the day, what ever people say or think, they do not know either of their intentions really, I think that she would not do anything that would harm the club in the long run. I am as gutted as the next person, the money would have been lovely and it still might happen. I shall wait and read what they say directly, none of this cut and paste journalism. I will be annoyed if Delai and co turned down the money for no good reson, but at the end of the day, she has put money in and is entitled to that. PC might offer the money for players, but is he willing to to go further too? Time will tell.

Nigel.

Remember what happened to humpty dumpty?

Auntie wouldn''t like a mess like that at all now would she.

Careful lad.

OTBC

But Lucky, the valuation that really matters is what Delia and MWJ would agree to sell their personal shareholding to the right buyer. Nobody knows that. The club valuation was a figure based on all the shares being worth the £30 that the unissued shares were valued at which is clearly rubbish.

[/quote]yes nutty - when it mattered, it came down to money - we can safely assume PC is a fit a proper and proper person and ticks all the boards boxes (there''s no hostility in the joint statement), but he simply didn''t offer enough money...(for them to sell or allow him to join the board as majority shareholder)...whether he offered a fair amount - we simply don''t know?<>clearly, its obvious the smiths will never bequeath their shareholding to anybody and i agree that shouldn''t be the basis for a sale anyway - unless the club were in dire straits and went for a nominal £1 to a buyer prepared to rescue it (god forbid - (btw how much did watling want for his shares to shoehorn the smiths in after chase???) )...to my mind - the boards criteria for selling should be - to a person/s of proven financial integrity at a fair ''open market'' price (whatever that is)...as for my criteria for supporting the board - its always been to provide investment in the playing side to give a credible prospect of promotion into the prem or to stay in it...anything else is ''little ole naaarwich'' in my book, but of course i respect other fans rights of opinion!<>clearly, they don''t get my support often!!!  but, equally, they deserve a fair ''market'' price for their business, i''m certain about that...

[quote user="Taiwan Canary"]Is there any terracing on the fence? I''d much rather stand than sit if that''s OK!
[/quote]

No,no,no,no,no, we''ll have none of that standing up stuff here. You ever sit down or get off.[:D]

Lucky - I have no reason to believe Peter Cullum is not a fit and proper person to buy the club. However to safely assume it is just a little bit like wanting it to be true so bad we believe it. Whether he has offered a fair amount we don''t know just like we don''t know whether Delia and MWJ are willing to accept a fair amount.

Now why is it clearly obvious they will never sell to anybody? Would you tell me I had to sell my shares and what I should sell them for? Would you be told to sell something of yours and what to sell it for?

Whether or not I support the board over this completely depends on the facts. I would never blindly support them and never blindly attack them. That''s why I''m sitting on this fence.

Anyway - it''s nice to chat again lucky.. It''s always a pleasure and never a chore [Y] And certainly a few steps up from the senile aunties tea and toast debate that continually comes out of gods waiting room [:|]

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/canaryeddie/promsscan001.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/canaryeddie/fundayposterscan001.jpg

Now why is it clearly obvious they will never sell to anybody? Would you tell me I had to sell my shares and what I should sell them for? [/quote]

Absolutely.

Would you be told to sell something of yours and what to sell it for?

[/quote]

I don''t think you understand who you are dealing with here, my friend.

Well this is all rather nice isn''t it? This is the most agreement if seen around here in my short time in the area. I think I''ll come and join you all! Anyone for a Brewski?[:D]

All i know for certain at the moment is that Smith and Cullum should have kept their gobs shut,and not got everyones hopes up.I just hope they see the messages on this forum and see what a mess they have made! But i am not going to start ranting until i have heard the full facts,not just speculation,rumour and newspaper talk.So if there is room on this fence for a newbie......

[quote user="Robert Mugabe"]

[/quote]

I am pleased to give my full support to the re-opening of negotiations with you my friend. 

[quote user="Terry Waite"][quote user="Robert Mugabe"]

[/quote]

I am pleased to give my full support to the re-opening of negotiations with you my friend. 

[/quote]

Certainly.

In exchange for two new strikers and a couple of centre backs, I propose that I be given amnesty, and made honourary sole heir apparent to Carrow Road.

Now hurry along or I shall chain you to a radiator for another few years.

[quote user="Robert Mugabe"]

Certainly.

In exchange for two new strikers and a couple of centre backs, I propose that I be given amnesty, and made honourary sole heir apparent to Carrow Road.

Now hurry along or I shall chain you to a radiator for another few years.

[/quote]

I am more than happy to make a gift of those strikers and centrebacks to you. All I ask in return is a small say on what occurs in the boardroom. If you carry on with your wicked bullying tactics I will just turn the other cheek. I am here for the long haul and good always triumphs over evil in the end.

Lucky - I have no reason to believe Peter Cullum is not a fit and proper person to buy the club. However to safely assume it is just a little bit like wanting it to be true so bad we believe it. Whether he has offered a fair amount we don''t know just like we don''t know whether Delia and MWJ are willing to accept a fair amount.

Now why is it clearly obvious they will never sell to anybody? Would you tell me I had to sell my shares and what I should sell them for? Would you be told to sell something of yours and what to sell it for?

Whether or not I support the board over this completely depends on the facts. I would never blindly support them and never blindly attack them. That''s why I''m sitting on this fence.

Anyway - it''s nice to chat again lucky.. It''s always a pleasure and never a chore [Y] And certainly a few steps up from the senile aunties tea and toast debate that continually comes out of gods waiting room [:|]

[/quote]i said ''bequeath'' - i certainly don''t agree they (or any shareholder) should give their shares away for free or a nominal amount (although previously the smiths may have said so - to the ''right'' investor)...my suggestion is that a fair open market price should be acceptable to shareholders to trigger a sale, if their intention is to sell... to my mind, that is reasonable...nice talking to you nutty\<>

Anyway - it''s nice to chat again lucky.. It''s always a pleasure and never a chore [Y] And certainly a few steps up from the senile auntie''s tea and toast debate that continually comes out of gods waiting room [:|]

[/quote]

I didn''t know that - our sympathies - but it does explain an awful lot about recent events at what used to be our club.

And please, God is spelt with a capital G - unless of course you''re getting your waiting rooms mixed up.

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/angels/teu45.gif[/img]

One love.

OTBC

I have to say that I find the tripe spewed by the anti-board section a lot more digestible than some of the cr@p I''ve read on here today by Mr. Doomcasters'' fanbase.

[quote user="Fellas"]I have to say that I find the tripe spewed by the anti-board section a lot more digestible than some of the cr@p I''ve read on here today by Mr. Doomcasters'' fanbase.
[/quote]

Tripe?.....Sheeps stomach.......

Crap?..... that''s what tripe tastes like.......

At the end of the day Fellatio, I''m just happy that since the Cullum/Board ding-dong has started, it''s certainly has got everyone going.

I do find it all most entertaining. I obviously side with the anti''s against Auntie Delia and the butt-kiss boardist brigade....Butt, (pun) ass you can see, we all have our opinions whether we think we''re Wright or Wrong. But the current situation, has been a long time coming. Whatever the outcome, I do hope - it is what is best for the fans and the football club.

Sorry about calling you fellatio, it is a bit of a mouthful.  And me being a cunning linguist......is also difficult to get one''s tongue around.

[quote user="Fellas"]I have to say that I find the tripe spewed by the anti-board section a lot more digestible than some of the cr@p I''ve read on here today by Mr. Doomcasters'' fanbase.[/quote]agreed fellas - not much coherant argument from many of these newbies - aside from saying, ''get behind the team'' ''real fans'' etc.etc.  same old bilge prior to worthy going...