Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

NORWICH TAKEOVER ALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem for me is the complete lack of information that has been given out by the club, by keeping everything to themselves makes the fans think that there is something wrong.  All we know is that Cullum offered £20m and in return he would get the majority share, well that is like somebody saying, I will give you £50k to refurb your house, but I will own it, but its worth £150k!!!  So I don''t think any of us can be surprised that the talks have failed if Cullums objectives were the same as last October.  While the club keeps quiet, fans will continue to guess, get frustrated and if we fail to get off to a good start with average signings then the board are in for a Chase-esque last few months.  It has only been a few hours since the news has been published so there is still time, but why not come out today and explain, 1 why they could not agree, give the reasons, not bollocks and 2 explain Delia''s comments at the RNS.  They claim to have this great rapport with ''the best fans in the world'', well why don'' they start treating us like it.

I would love us to find a Cullum type to bank roll a promotion push, but not if it is like our friends across the boarder and if a similar contract was proposed by Cullum then I would completely understand why there was no room for negotiation.  But tell us that is why, otherwise lock yourself in the board room, put the tin hats on and get ready for a very rough few weeks, which I don''t think any of us want.

[quote user="dhickl"]

Typical for this message board, people swearing and having a go a Delia without all the facts...of course she''s in the wrong, it couldn''t be the billionaire businessman as he''s willing to pay £20m for players.  He could do no wrong. (Cue the insults)

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club plc have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the Club"

When you look at the above statement it throws up more questions than answers, and to me it throws up more questions on PC''s side.  Most importantly, what are the legal obligations that can''t be met with his proposed takeover?

While I would love the club, that I have been a season ticket holder of since I started working, to have £20m for players; all along I have been questioning the deal.  I didn''t think that it was right that he uses headlines to push it without any detail.  Even now people don''t know if it''s £20m + stake in club or the £20m for players is what gives him a stake in the club.  And before anyone says, it''s fine saying that now the deal has collapsed - check my previous posts.

[/quote]

Although we may never know all the details, I got the strong impression from the statements in the EDP etc that the offer was £20 million for players but that was it with no more for shares etc.  If that was the case then presumably the expectation was that the current majority shareholders (and potentially all shareholders for that matter) would have handed over their shares for absolutely nothing.  Whilst I am as disappointed as everyone else that our "little" club is now going to contine being a "little" club, this offer was highly unlikely to succeed.  We''re simply not in that much of a desperate situation that all shareholders would be willing to give away their shares for nothing.

Can''t see why anyone is surprised, Delia was never going to let go or lose control of the club and it doesn''t matter who makes an offer or how big a Norwich fan they are the anser will always be no.

She''d rather keep us as a nice little family club mid table in the Championship plus with 20,000 season ticket holders she hasn''t much to worry about has she?

I agree that we need to take a breath and find out exactly what happened.However, I still find this hugely disappointing on this front:  The board have said that they are still seeking investment from a wealthy Norfolk man.  Hell, if the richest Norfolk man (and a very astute business man) can''t wangle his way into the club with serious investment, then who can?  More Turners with pocket money are not going to help.  The club needs serious money, and I really don''t believe it is out there any more.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Absolutely disgraceful, totally shocking.  I came on here this morning with my usual optimism ensuring I was expecting something exciting and interesting.  A raft of new signings, or that a deal had been struck, or even that someone else had beaten Cullum to it.  And this is what I find.  Delia has thrown the proverbial toys out of the pram once and for all and has decided that Cullum''s £20m for players isn''t in the best interest of the club or its shareholders.  Absolute bullsh*t.  How can it not be?  Unless Cullum was wanting to start up an arms dealership within the club, there''s no way this money wasn''t going to be a good thing for the club.  It was our chance, our lifeline, to ensure we don''t suffer another season of humiliation and abject performances.

I still have faith in Roeder, but - like many of us - my faith in the board was already hanging by a shoe-string.  Now it is positively destroyed.  Delia''s position is now untenable.  There will be protests, and this time not only Smudger will arrive.  25000 people will be chanting for her to step down and Carrow Road will not be a fun place to visit for a while.  I''m actually considering not taking my girls to their first game on 2nd August anymore, because even though its a friendly I don''t really want them to be subjected to the vitriol and - no doubt - language that will be launched in Delia''s direction.   And that''s just from me...

So what do we hope for now?  Well, firstly we have to hope that Roeder doesn''t see this as the sign of inambition that we now do and doesn''t walk.  I don''t think he will, he''s too strong a character for that and will see the job through.  Secondly, we have to hope that his "budget" is enough for us to compete and that he still has enough to bring in the quality signings we need to push for the play-offs, which are now our only hope.  Thirdly, and most importantly, Cullum should listen to what the fans want and push through a hostile takeover.  He''ll already have the backing of one-third of the shareholders and my understanding is that if he were to buy all the supporter shares then he will have his foot in the door enough to force the board to sell up.  These three options seem to be the only hope now.

Unless, of course, the Turners have done something bloody spectacular........
[/quote]now the board have shown there hand....they must invest in the squad(££££££s) or there will be total uproar at carrow road...25000+ chanting 4 their heads...and rightly so[/quote]

Agreed, the only way for Delia and co to avoid a backlash is to make funds available and sign some decent strikers and a centre back now!

The ball''s now in their court to show they can take the club forward not backwards.

What I don''t understand is why Delia made the statement she did at the Royal Norfolk Show, this is the reason Cullum went to the media because he thought she meant him. If this was an attempt to force Cullum in the media and raise to the 56 million they asked for last year then it has failed badly. I just hope Delia was meaning someone else with ''hope'' being the operative word. 

[quote user="2Cakes"]If PC really wanted to make this happen he could of.
[/quote]here,s hoping he still might...he might just buy then out and then say NOW F**K OFF

I guess we can expect a press conference from Glenn Roeder today, in the hope that it takes the board out of the headlines

I worry about the repercussions of this - what will happen to Delia now... I don''t want protests or angry scenes but anything could happen, she''s dug herself (as well as the rest of the board) into a potentially bigger hole than before.

Having said that, I''m sure that''s what Cullum hoped would happen by using the media the way he has which maybe hasn''t helped.

But that guy seemed to fit her criteria, but I think she only made them criteria thinking nobody would ever come forward!

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad." - Delia Smith, Jan ''07

[quote user="cityangel"]

Can''t see why anyone is surprised, Delia was never going to let go or lose control of the club and it doesn''t matter who makes an offer or how big a Norwich fan they are the anser will always be no.

She''d rather keep us as a nice little family club mid table in the Championship plus with 20,000 season ticket holders she hasn''t much to worry about has she?

[/quote]

Don''t always agree with you CA but you''re spot on here! The totally hypocritical thing with the club wanting ''new investment'' is this:

Yes, they DO want money but with no strings, no ties, no change of ownership, in other words they want a GIFT of many £M''s. That is NOT what Smith has done though is it? Her investment has been by way of loans and then buying shares. I wonder exactly how much money (not time or effort) she has GIFTED to the club?

''Control'' - ah yes, ''power, influence, ego'' THAT is the reason why Cullum was rejected, nothing to do with money. She adores her stormtrooper following (still thousands strong) who snigger and laugh and flirt with her and fawn at her feet. Listen again to the Radio Norfolk interview at the Norfolk Show, it was stomach churning.  

It''s patently obvious now that Delia and Co don''t have the club''s best interests at heart...but their own!

I can see a VERY difficult season ahead if we are not at the top of the league!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="2Cakes"]If PC really wanted to make this happen he could of.
[/quote]here,s hoping he still might...he might just buy then out and then say NOW F**K OFF[/quote]A very well thought out answer there, it really adds to the debate,

Perhaps it''s all a double bluff, they just don''t want all their transfer prices inflated. Maybe after we sign Ameobi for a cut price deal they''ll reveal they had millions all along - and build another restaurant!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Spot on Angel.

Perhaps everyone will see the truth now.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="2Cakes"]If PC really wanted to make this happen he could of.
[/quote]here,s hoping he still might...he might just buy then out and then say NOW F**K OFF[/quote]A very well thought out answer there, it really adds to the debate,[/quote]thats what im hoping he will do...i cant speak for every 1 but im sure alot of NCFC are thnking the same

[quote user=Mark Rivers] 

I worry about the repercussions of this - what will happen to Delia now... I don''t want protests or angry scenes but anything could happen, she''s dug herself (as well as the rest of the board) into a potentially bigger hole than before.

Having said that, I''m sure that''s what Cullum hoped would happen by using the media the way he has which maybe hasn''t helped.

But that guy seemed to fit her criteria, but I think she only made them criteria thinking nobody would ever come forward!

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad." - Delia Smith, Jan ''07

[/quote]

The Lie.

But some of you believed it.

Sounds like bad news but i''d rather hear more of the facts before judging, Seems like people all assume that PC has done no wrong, who knows what deal he wanted, why assume that it is all down to Delia yet again.

If this really is the end of negotiations then today is one of the blackest days in the history of our football club.

The club has just announced to the footballing world that they have no ambition. It will now be harder for Glenn to persuade up-and-coming players to join NCFC. Every footballing conversation will be prefixed with ''just imagine what we could have acheived with 20 million''. If next season we are in the top half of the table, the question on every fan''s lips will be ''could we be in a play-off position if we had Cullum''s millions''. If we''re in the play-offs it will be ''could we have made it to automatic promotion''. If we get into the top two it will be ''couldd we have wrapped-up the title by Christmas?''

Every transfer in the Championship will now be assessed as to whether we could have got the player with twenty million in the kitty. Every financial statement from the club will be asked, ''how much better would we be if Cullum was in control?''. Everytime the board says there are no interested investors they will be laughed at.

The deal may be dead, but Cullumgate will continue. Fans will be polarised more than ever before. Regardless of the details, the boards credibility is shot to pieces in the eyes of a huge number of supporters. They have no alternative to Cullum. They cannot match twenty million going into the playing squad, hoever much they might try to spin it.

Let''s make them history.

[quote user="The Anonymous One"][quote user="dhickl"]

Typical for this message board, people swearing and having a go a Delia without all the facts...of course she''s in the wrong, it couldn''t be the billionaire businessman as he''s willing to pay £20m for players.  He could do no wrong. (Cue the insults)

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club plc have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the Club"

When you look at the above statement it throws up more questions than answers, and to me it throws up more questions on PC''s side.  Most importantly, what are the legal obligations that can''t be met with his proposed takeover?

While I would love the club, that I have been a season ticket holder of since I started working, to have £20m for players; all along I have been questioning the deal.  I didn''t think that it was right that he uses headlines to push it without any detail.  Even now people don''t know if it''s £20m + stake in club or the £20m for players is what gives him a stake in the club.  And before anyone says, it''s fine saying that now the deal has collapsed - check my previous posts.

[/quote]

Although we may never know all the details, I got the strong impression from the statements in the EDP etc that the offer was £20 million for players but that was it with no more for shares etc.  If that was the case then presumably the expectation was that the current majority shareholders (and potentially all shareholders for that matter) would have handed over their shares for absolutely nothing.  Whilst I am as disappointed as everyone else that our "little" club is now going to contine being a "little" club, this offer was highly unlikely to succeed.  We''re simply not in that much of a desperate situation that all shareholders would be willing to give away their shares for nothing.

[/quote]

Exactly.  That''s a point I''ve been trying to put across for the last 2 weeks.  There are some people who just don''t understand that.  Unfortunately it appears that they don''t understand common sense and reasoned discussion.  To them it''s just "**** off Delia", "The board has failed and must go" and "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO"

And to the person who said that there will be 25,000 people who will be calling for their heads - I''m afraid you are wrong there.  There are people out there who are not like some of the narrow minded individuals that you get on here, they look at more than the headline in the paper and understand that there is more to the offer than putting in £20m to the team - and it may not be a good deal in the long run.

If PC knew that the offer was a no-go last October, why did he go so public and set up those headlines.  Those stories were just targeting the things that fans look for, just to create a divide.  It has worked.  Is that in the best interest of the club? If he was so much behind the club why did he purposely want to create the split.  To me it sounds like he is trying to manipulate the media and fans to get his own way.  If so then I say it''s not in the best interests of the club.

All I''m trying to do here is put some balance to the arguement, with something a bit more intelligent and constructive than "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO".  I don''t think that PC is the devil or that Delia is a saint.  I think that we don''t have enough facts to be having a go at either of them.

I know I won''t be one who is calling for the heads of the board, as we could do a lot worse...

(http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1300975/ShowPost.aspx)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user=Mark Rivers] 

[/quote]

The Lie.

[/quote]

Again, spot on!

I have no objection to Smith trying to get all her money back and make a profit BUT that is not what she has said in the past and is totally at odds with this carefully crafted public image that lives firmly in the minds of thousands of fans (still). I was told by a very senior official at the club a few months back when I suggested that she would, ultimately, sell her shares that she may simply ''give them away'' or ''bequeath them''. Now we have final proof that that is not the case.  

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user=Mark Rivers] 

[/quote]The Lie.

[/quote]But she said she would relinquish her shares Ricardo, not give them away !

Straight to the paper this morning after Celia`s tip off, feel absolutely gutted. We are being kept totally in the dark and fed scraps of spin when the Board ge under a bit of pressure.

Where is the new team we were promised, where is the hope of future success, this has the stamp of Delia all over it, stuborn and petulant, "NO YOU CANT PLAY WITH MY TOYS". Sorry Delia but this is more about you than the future success of our club.

I hope there is a plan B, we cant carry on as we are. 

Expect to see a cash injection of a couple of million, possibly from the Turners or even more borrowing to try and shut us up.It wont work for me I`m afraid. You may think NCFC is your club Delia but actually it belongs to us all. It was your responsibility and that of the Board to try to make this offer work, you were obviosly pushed into the meeting and had made your mind up before it even took place. DISGRACFULL!!!!!

[quote user="The Original Yellow Fever"]I feel as if we have been kicked in the arse before the season even starts,    GUTTED![/quote]

I feel like a Luton supporter at the moment. It feels like we''ve had a 30 point deduction now.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="The Anonymous One"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly.  That''s a point I''ve been trying to put across for the last 2 weeks.  There are some people who just don''t understand that.  Unfortunately it appears that they don''t understand common sense and reasoned discussion.  To them it''s just "**** off Delia", "The board has failed and must go" and "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO"

And to the person who said that there will be 25,000 people who will be calling for their heads - I''m afraid you are wrong there.  There are people out there who are not like some of the narrow minded individuals that you get on here, they look at more than the headline in the paper and understand that there is more to the offer than putting in £20m to the team - and it may not be a good deal in the long run.

If PC knew that the offer was a no-go last October, why did he go so public and set up those headlines.  Those stories were just targeting the things that fans look for, just to create a divide.  It has worked.  Is that in the best interest of the club? If he was so much behind the club why did he purposely want to create the split.  To me it sounds like he is trying to manipulate the media and fans to get his own way.  If so then I say it''s not in the best interests of the club.

All I''m trying to do here is put some balance to the arguement, with something a bit more intelligent and constructive than "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO".  I don''t think that PC is the devil or that Delia is a saint.  I think that we don''t have enough facts to be having a go at either of them.

I know I won''t be one who is calling for the heads of the board, as we could do a lot worse...

(http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1300975/ShowPost.aspx)

[/quote]I SAID MOST OF THE ABOVE...THATS HOW I FEEL...GET THE BIACH OUT!!!!!!..HAVE STARTED A BOARD OUT Y OR N...LETS SEE HOW IT GOES

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

The start of the season now is totally and utterly buggered due to the fact fans will be completely mythed by the whole experience and what exactly Delia and MWJ agenda is.

Unfortunately those hoping Cullum will now buy out the club completely I feel are probably hanging on to false hope.

What an absolute mess and a Joke.

And then for Doncaster to come out and say we are actively seeking investment from someone with Norfolk Roots - FFS we have someone who wanted to invest with Norfolk Roots - what are they f****ng play at.

From Peter Cullums side I have heard that he had been totally mythed also by the club stance early on in the affair.

Even if any of our dreams came true and we won the Lottery or the Euro Lottery and we wanted to invest in the club we support we would probably get blocked!!!!!!!!

I got up to go to school and wondered why my Dad was so miserable, he mutted somethind about F**king Delia and when I turned on my PC I found out why.

He warned me N C F C would give me more downs than ups and would ruin my weekends.

I must say, I can see why my schoolpals support Man Utd Chelsea  and Liverpool.

But still I will support "City" like my Dad says City til we Die..!!!!!

Please prove me wrong Norwich.....!!!!

Delia and her chums are playing a very dangerous game, if she thinks things will be bad now, this will be nothing in comparison if we do not do well this year, if our Summer signings are poor and we face another year of relegation battles then things will turn very ugly.

Its time she realised that Norwich City Football Club does belong exclusively to her and her husband.