Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

How much did Delia pay for hee 42% stake? £700,000

A couple of points. When Geoffrey Watling died the club owed him over a £1mn but in his will he wrote the debt off. Regarding the Suffolk two it is estimated that up to last month they have put in around £9mn cash into the club and that has now gone up to £11mn following the demise of the Turners. Informed sources suggest that the £11mn is over 50% of the couples net worth which is very unhealthy for a club in our position. How many of us would put over half of all our worldly goods into NCFC? For all the pluses and minuses of Delia''s involvement with the club this situation surely cannot continue for much longer.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Got no idea what a true fan is Babes. It''s the likes of you who use that term. Maybe you can explain?

[/quote]

How coy and disingenuous can you get.

Although I se you''re not quite so fanatical about Auntie these days.

Trouble at t'' farrrmmm?

OTBC

[/quote]

For the first time in a while I am interested in one of your opinions and now you won''t tell me [:''(]

How do "the likes of you" describe a ''true fan''?

[/quote]

Not a term in my lexicon nutty.

You know very well that you and your ilk are the self-appointed and self-annointed true fans.

We all know that. So why don''t you just cut the crud on that one and answer my earlier questions.

The world and his wife are watching ........and waiting.......

OTBC

[/quote]

The likes of you always open the true fan debates and then blame others. You brought it up so you must have an opinion. Are you ashamed to say[:^)]

[/quote]

I have no views or judgements on who constitutes a ''true fan'' and never have had. The fact is that you and your like have used this issue often enough in the past to insult fans like myself who live abroad and only have intermittent opportunities to have the pleasure of watching city live.

So don''t try and hang that one on me.

Anybody who cares can track back in this thread and see how I first used the term in this thread.

No nutty don''t try it. You''re stepping over the line.

It won''t wash.

OTBC

[/quote]

I just tracked back Babes. You used the term true fan not me. I have never used the term true fan to insult anyone but you just did.

You will have to ''up your game'' to wriggle out of this one because it''s all on the same page.

And the world and his wife were watching [:|]

Vescere bracis meis  [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Got no idea what a true fan is Babes. It''s the likes of you who use that term. Maybe you can explain?

[/quote]

How coy and disingenuous can you get.

Although I se you''re not quite so fanatical about Auntie these days.

Trouble at t'' farrrmmm?

OTBC

[/quote]

For the first time in a while I am interested in one of your opinions and now you won''t tell me [:''(]

How do "the likes of you" describe a ''true fan''?

[/quote]

Not a term in my lexicon nutty.

You know very well that you and your ilk are the self-appointed and self-annointed true fans.

We all know that. So why don''t you just cut the crud on that one and answer my earlier questions.

The world and his wife are watching ........and waiting.......

OTBC

[/quote]

The likes of you always open the true fan debates and then blame others. You brought it up so you must have an opinion. Are you ashamed to say[:^)]

[/quote]

I have no views or judgements on who constitutes a ''true fan'' and never have had. The fact is that you and your like have used this issue often enough in the past to insult fans like myself who live abroad and only have intermittent opportunities to have the pleasure of watching city live.

So don''t try and hang that one on me.

Anybody who cares can track back in this thread and see how I first used the term in this thread.

No nutty don''t try it. You''re stepping over the line.

It won''t wash.

OTBC

[/quote]

I just tracked back Babes. You used the term true fan not me. I have never used the term true fan to insult anyone but you just did.

You will have to ''up your game'' to wriggle out of this one because it''s all on the same page.

And the world and his wife were watching [:|]

Vescere bracis meis  [:O]

[/quote]

Your knowledge of the subtleties and intricacies of the English language is patently limited nutty.

Your simplistic straight line approach will always get you into trouble.

It''s rather akin to having tunnel vision with which I am sure you are well acquainted.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

Yes Bly.. I''m not very bright, I left school at  15 and never learnt subleties or intricacies, were they 6th form subjects[:^)]

But what I did learn was that if someone say''s something then those words belong to them.

It''s quite clear to the world and his wife that you used the ''true fans'' jibe to me.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Bump...[/quote]

Like I said on the other thread, I doubt you will get these details verified because it was a private sale.

But even if that is the price she paid Watling the point that Chicken Head was trying to make doesn''t hold up. He is comparing what the board value the shares at now with what Delia paid Watling. The only two comparisons that make sense would be what the board valued the shares at then and now, Or what Delia privately paid then and would privately accept now.

[/quote]

I think you said that you are a shareholder? Are you perhaps concerned that you may lose out financially, if the Stowmarket Two sell up?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Bump...[/quote]

Like I said on the other thread, I doubt you will get these details verified because it was a private sale.

But even if that is the price she paid Watling the point that Chicken Head was trying to make doesn''t hold up. He is comparing what the board value the shares at now with what Delia paid Watling. The only two comparisons that make sense would be what the board valued the shares at then and now, Or what Delia privately paid then and would privately accept now.

[/quote]

I think you said that you are a shareholder? Are you perhaps concerned that you may lose out financially, if the Stowmarket Two sell up?

[/quote]

No Mello.. how can I lose out? Like most people on here, the only thing I get out of the shares is is knowing I have a small stake in the club. Oh and a load of ear ache off my two kids about who I should leave them to.  They''re not an investment although when my dad paid £25 for them it was quite possibly as much as someone would earn in a month.

I was offered £17.50 each for them in 1986 so if I wanted to make money I would have done it then.

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]A couple of points. When Geoffrey Watling died the club owed him over a £1mn but in his will he wrote the debt off. Regarding the Suffolk two it is estimated that up to last month they have put in around £9mn cash into the club and that has now gone up to £11mn following the demise of the Turners. .[/quote]

Actually Geoffrey Watling''s loan was £1.5m.

Secondly here''s what Delia and her husband put in before the recent £2m was announced and anything re. 07/08 financial year (awaiting publication of the Annual Report to 31st May 2008:

11/07/2008, 4:14 PM

Canary Nut is not online. Last active: 08/09/2008 14:40:23 Canary Nut

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 1,067

Re: How much did Delia pay for hee 42% stake? £700,000

Delia''s & MWJ''s investment in the club

£k.             £k.
B Preference shares
- 3,025 @ £100 each                                                                                       302.5

Ordinary Shares
02/03 season 77,990 @ £25 each                                           1949.75
03/04 season 8,000 @ £25 each                                               200.0
06/07 season
- loan converted @ £25 each                                                   817.6
06/07 season
- new money @£25 each                                                          270.1           3237.5

New money into the club £3540k

Ordinary shares bought from
Geoffrey Watling
(** note - assumed figure) £1000k ???

06/07 season
- 31/5/07 holding 327,509 (page 13)
31/5/06 holding 281,550 (page 13)
difference 45,959
club issued 43,508
(note 33 page 41)
so I have assumed that Delia & MWJ
acquired 2,451 from others at say £25 each £61.3k

Assumed investment in Ordinary shares £4301k

Investment in B Preference shares £0.3m.

As at 31/5/07 Delia''s & MWJ''s holdings of Ordinary shares was 327,509
If valued at £30 per Ordinary share, those holdings would be valued at £9.8m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if the purchase from G. Watling was around £700k then the assumed investment in Ordinary shares is £4m.

If valued at £30 per Ordinary share, those holdings would be valued at £9.8m

=====================================================================

So Delia and her husband have put into the club just over £5.5m plus anything re. the 07/08 season.

Yes Bly.. I''m not very bright, I left school at  15 and never learnt subleties or intricacies, were they 6th form subjects[:^)]

But what I did learn was that if someone say''s something then those words belong to them.

It''s quite clear to the world and his wife that you used the ''true fans'' jibe to me.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? [:O]

[/quote]

What have woodchucks got to do with anything [;)]

Canary Nut - Didn''t anyone tell you you are not allowed to mention any money since the initial purchase.  It''s against message board rules [:P]

Quick Canary Nut..

Before Bly wakes up...

Why is it important?

[/quote]

Nigel, you don''t need to tell Canary Nut to be quick. It''s a team effort. Crafty Canary "cuts'' and Canary Nut "pastes." All mama boys have that type of support.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Quick Canary Nut..

Before Bly wakes up...

Why is it important?

[/quote]

Nigel, you don''t need to tell Canary Nut to be quick. It''s a team effort. Crafty Canary "cuts'' and Canary Nut "pastes." All mama boys have that type of support.

[/quote]

[:^)]

Only a real mama could figure that.

You the real thing Yankee, the real thing. Indeedy, ma''am.

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

OTBC

Why is it important?

[/quote]

Given that Mr. Cuffley had quoted £11m and people were asking about the validity of the figure I thought it was appropriate to paste some figures (based on facts) from an earlier post. There seems to be a big gap between Cuffley''s £11m and the known £5.5m (plus anything put into the club last season by Delia & MWJ.). May be Mr Cuffley could explain the basis of his figures?

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it important?

[/quote]

Given that Mr. Cuffley had quoted £11m and people were asking about the validity of the figure I thought it was appropriate to paste some figures (based on facts) from an earlier post. There seems to be a big gap between Cuffley''s £11m and the known £5.5m (plus anything put into the club last season by Delia & MWJ.). May be Mr Cuffley could explain the basis of his figures?

[/quote]

I just don''t see what relevance it has.

Maybe you should email Mr Cuffley?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it important?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

May be the person or people on this thread who mentioned the £11m originally, should email Mr Cuffley.

All I did was refer people to a post that I made earlier on this thread about the money Delia & MWJ had directly put into the club in order to enlighten people as to the facts. Any problem with that or are you a member of the North Korean Communist Party? 

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it important?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

May be the person or people on this thread who mentioned the £11m originally, should email Mr Cuffley.

All I did was refer people to a post that I made earlier on this thread about the money Delia & MWJ had directly put into the club in order to enlighten people as to the facts. Any problem with that or are you a member of the North Korean Communist Party? 

[/quote]

Delia and MWJ have put far more in than you or I could ever dream of putting in Canary Nut. There....now I''ve enlightened people as to the facts.

[quote user="Norfolk&Chance"]

So if you bought a house for £40,000 in 1985, did up the garden and the bathroom, put on a conservatory, you''d be happy to sell it now to someone else for nothing when the same house next door is going for £240,000?

I struggle to see what your point is....

Did walker of Blackburn expect his money back,let alone a profit? did matthew harding of chelsea want his millions back? No..as in both cases they stated they did not expect anything back apart from seeing their beloved clubs do well!...And there are plenty of others up and down the land that have had rich benifactors who have invested,differing amounts, for the love of their clubs,and not to make a profit!

If delia is a true fan,then nuff said

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it important?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did two weeks ago.  No reply. [:^)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it important?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Delia and MWJ have put far more in than you or I could ever dream of putting in Canary Nut. There....now I''ve enlightened people as to the facts.

[/quote]

And Peter could put in more than Smith and husband could ever dream of - another fact.

So what?

OTBC

[quote]And Peter could put in more than Smith and husband could ever dream of - another fact.

So what?[/quote]

And that billionaire businessman Ashley whose persona has gone from sharp self-made man to beer swilling moron in about 2 weeks for deigning to keep King Kev to the terms of his contract has just been bounced out of Toon.  Putting 20 million a year into the club didn''t help him.

Hmm - Maybe it''s not just about the money ?

True fans

Harding invested millions into chelsea,and stated,he didnt expect a penny back,since the days he stood on the shed,he has always loved the blues,and is now in a position to help make chelsea a big side again.....

Walker invested millions into blackburn,and at a time when no one was investing in clubs,pre prem days, and said the money is to make blackburn a household name once more,at the time they had just spent years in the bottom 2 leagues,and was in the old division 2 when he put his money in....

And there are probably other REAL fans who have invested differing amounts into clubs, just to help the clubs,and are not expecting profits from these investments!  These are real fans!!!  even if they got back what they invested in the first place,is to some,acceptable....But to say you are a REAL SUPPORTER,invest in a club then want a tidy profit, IS NOT SUPPORTING THE CLUB YOU CLAIM TO LOVE!

Delia stays,and an investor comes on board...Delia is still queen and im happy

Delia sells and sells it as cheap as possible so the buyer coming in has more to give to the playing strength, ..Delia is queen and should a stand named after her and should be forever remembered as a HERO to our club! and im happy

Delia sells the club and just wants what she paid for it, then okay thanks for your time and shut the door on way out...im okay

Delia sells the club for a profit then i will be banned if i continue......

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

True fans

Harding invested millions into chelsea,and stated,he didnt expect a penny back,since the days he stood on the shed,he has always loved the blues,and is now in a position to help make chelsea a big side again.....

Walker invested millions into blackburn,and at a time when no one was investing in clubs,pre prem days, and said the money is to make blackburn a household name once more,at the time they had just spent years in the bottom 2 leagues,and was in the old division 2 when he put his money in....

And there are probably other REAL fans who have invested differing amounts into clubs, just to help the clubs,and are not expecting profits from these investments!  These are real fans!!!  even if they got back what they invested in the first place,is to some,acceptable....But to say you are a REAL SUPPORTER,invest in a club then want a tidy profit, IS NOT SUPPORTING THE CLUB YOU CLAIM TO LOVE!

Delia sells and sells it as cheap as possible so the buyer coming in has more to give to the playing strength, ..Delia is queen and should a stand named after her and should be forever remembered as a HERO to our club! and im happy

Delia sells the club and just wants what she paid for it, then okay thanks for your time and shut the door on way out...im okay

[/quote]

I think you have a pretty fair point there barclay....

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

True fans

[/quote]I think you have a pretty fair point there barclay....

OTBC[/quote]Which option are you agreeing with Bly?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it important?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And Peter could put in more than Smith and husband could ever dream of - another fact.

So what?

OTBC

[/quote]

That was precisely my point Bly....so what? We all know the obvious points so, therefore, it is redundant to continuously cut and paste the same boring information. However, beacause people like you, Canary Nut and Mr. Carrow along with a few others ( very few ) like to do that kind of thing then I will continuously pop up with the same boring retort. 

By the way, I should have added my "so what?" in my response to Canary Nut so that posters like you would not miss the obvious unless it''s stamped on your forehead. Sometimes you disappoint me in not demonstrating enough brightness to see unless things are really spelled out for you. I will try harder in the future to give you a yellow brick road so the cells you do have don''t feel the need to operate beyond their capacity.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

True fans

[/quote]

I think you have a pretty fair point there barclay....

OTBC

[/quote]

As far as I can see the fair point is the one carefully avoided everytime  this subject comes up.

It''s unfair to compare what Delia paid for her shares with the price the board put on the unissued shares to value the club. Nobody knows what Delia paid for all her shares except for the ones on the share issues. Nobody knows what Delia may want for her shares, if she ever wanted to sell.

All you try and do over and over again is attempt to prove that the clubs valuation is higher than the price Delia paid. Well no sh** Sherlock - I''m sure you''re right! My dad paid £25 for my shares over 40 years ago. The club value them at £750. That doesn''t mean I''m trying to sell them for £750.

It wouldn''t surprise me if Mr Watling hadn''t let the shares go for a song, if it meant getting the right people for the job on board.  He knew from personal experience after all, that whoever took the baton would be committing themselves to many years of dipping into their pockets to keep it afloat, whether that be hundreds, thousands or millions.As for what Delia and Mike would sell for, until they get an offer, will we ever know ?