Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Away Days

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]Hi just wondered what the best away game that you have been too, and also your favourite away ground.[/quote]Doesn''t quite match the criteria; but i really enjoyed Hillsbrough for the last game of the season. Result aside, there was a real good party atmosphere for the first 20 minutes or so. Andd it was quite good seeing the whole stadium full. Although, our bus broke down and we had to push it round a roundabout and up a main road...

My favourite away day is probably fulham (even though we were beaten sooo badly it was heart-breaking). The atmosphere was wonderful and I''ll never forget it. The best away ground, no competition..... selhurst park....... [8-)]

Blimey, I’ve just counted up the current league grounds I’ve been to watching the Yella’s and its stands at seventy with two more to add this season OUCH! 

The one I know we are looking forward to most next season is having a  weekend away down in Plymouth, the ground is OK but it always feels like home from home and really good night out as well. 

Cardiff was fun last season as well and whilst the ground is pure and utter s----e we stayed up in Brecon for the night which was another 5* jolly up 

None the less when you put the best ground into the equation of having a  good night out as well its Newcastle every time, you sit so damn high up in the air I got vertigo the last time but add in a cracking night out as well and it comes out on top. 

Actually the other one I know we are looking forward to is Blackpool and whilst you sit out in the open looking at the Irish Sea the statues of ‘the two Stan’s’ are a bit special and although they have fallen on hard times you feel they are a proper club with proper history and of course with the added bonus of an excellent night out. 

Biggest dump, well asides from the obvious one that the rosy checked Etonian got the creditors to pay for its Selhurst Park all the way and we refuse to ever venture back to the wretched dump

I rather enjoyed going to the Millenium Stadium. Beyond the actual match itself, the stadium was very, very nice if pricey and the view from the seat I had was fantastic!

Not really to do with your thread Chirping Canary just felt the need to point out that the Snowman in your profile pic is Awesome.

Thanks AndyJR. My wife is from South Africa and we made it last year, As she is from South Africa that was the first time she has ever seen snow. We had fun making it. And of course i had the finishing touches. Mr Snowy was a Norwich fan even though it was for 2 days.....................

My best away day will be the day I finally see us win away from homeNo luck in 9 attempts so far and only a draw at Leicester to celebrate!

Best atmosphere''s: Ipswich, Hull, Leicester ...
Best Game : 5-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday, 2-1 win at Cardiff .. probs 2 of the best i''ve been to
Best Stadium (championship grounds): Madjeski Stadium, Ricoh Arena ..

Been to 2 away games, both 2 seasons ago.

Blackpool away (FA Cup) - alright town, lost £70 between two of us on some dodgy sea-front game, was stupid AND guliable at that age. Stadium was quite funny, 2 big stands, a parking lot, and our stand, was very windy as well. And they had the worst burger van ever.

Chelsea away (FA Cup) - a great laugh between 3 of us, loved the day out, my mate won on last goalscorer as well, won his ticket price back lol...although the scoreline wasnt sweet, we played our fair share in the game, the stadium was very nice although couldnt hear their fans, memories live forever!

Sorry can''t go along with those who say Fulham or the Millenium stadium - the results on both days colours my view too strongly. Hell, i even had more fun the day we lost 7-1 away to Blackburn when we finished 3rd in the prem!!

In recent years probably have to say Reading away in the Championship season. Although the performance wasn''t great it was the day we really knew promotion had become nigh on inevitable.

Going back further some real gems stick out such as the victory at Anfield on the last day of the kop, being 3-0 down to Sheff Wed with 20minutes left & drawing 3-3, beating Everton 1-0 at Goodison with several thousand Sunderland supporters in the Norwich section cos their game (at Tranmere i think) was postponed. The police initially tried to keep us separate & were baffled when all joined in singing both Norwich & Sunderland songs. Eventually they just buggered off & left us to it! I guess that brings up the "friendly final"... .... the list goes on....

Last season I''d say the best trip was the evening game at Watford...rotten facilities, no beer inside the ground, weather was apalling...snow and rain, blowing in around us, soaking us and the seats...BUT...the singing and atmosphere was great and when  Curo equalised it was fantastic...should have won, but it certainly felt like we had.

my favourite away game probably was the watford away game just after we won the league, i feel the same way about that the millenium stadium trip, regardless of how amazing it was, the result will always taint that day for me. But the atmosphere at watford that day was fantastic, i have goosebumps for the entire game and for most the evening afterwards...top class.i think my favourite ground is probably hillsborough, i love it up there. but the madejski stadium, pride park and the walkers stadium were all very impressive places too!

my favourite Away game.. Ipswich! only seen us lose once in 5 games at poor mans road.. all the other 4 have been wins...

Best away ground.. the Hawthornes or (gay)pride park... even though i have been to both twice and we lost them! i can remember WBA beating us and their fans booing them off the pitch at the end!

jas :)

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]Hi just wondered what the best away game that you have been too, and also your favourite away ground.[/quote]

It has to be Old Trafford in our last venture in the prem. Early second half as we really started to play all you could hear was us lot singing awesome,. Food Southend seafront loads of shellfish love it

Best away day ever has to be the scum away when we won the Championship!!2-0 we beat the scum 2-0He scored against the scum, he scored another one Mackenziehave we f**ked you christmas up?Top of the league at Portman Road etc etcThen getting back to Norwich and seeing all the players celebrating in Delaneys and singing all the songs with us!!Now that was an away day!!

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]Hi just wondered what the best away game that you have been too, and also your favourite away ground.[/quote]

Barnsley away a few seasons ago was quite good, fantastic amotsphere before and during the game, I remember we had the whole of one end behind the goal, if memory serves we won 2 - 0 which sent them down, and in the home programme the following week the picture of the crowd at Barnsely managed to capture my son proudly wearing his city shirt and holding scarf aloft.

haha! i feel the same way about the chap who said fulham and millenium stadium, despite the two awful outcomes, pre and during the match the atmosphere was fantastic inside and outside the two grounds with brilliant weather to match...and millenium stadium is my favourate stadium (beating both the old and new wembley)

On a different note, a dour game from what i remember the reading away day from which mulryne scored off the ref''s back virtually sealed promotion and again it was a party atmoshphere

Unfortunately after 20 or so away games in the last few years Reading is the only win i''ve seen! after miserable trips to hull, liverpool, villa, coventry, southampton etc

hogesar, you were on the coach that broke down too huh!

Right near Sleaford wasnt it, will always remember the moment when we got the coach moving by pushing it and started singing YARMY!!! Classic

I have a video on my phone, will try and get it on youtube for you all to see

As for favourite away day, I do enjoy trips to Blackpool and Coventry, and although Crystal Palace is well overpriced, there is something about the place that I like.

Ipswich also, at least just after Ched scored last season!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Chirping Canary"]Hi just wondered what the best away game that you have been too, and also your favourite away ground.[/quote]Doesn''t quite match the criteria; but i really enjoyed Hillsbrough for the last game of the season. Result aside, there was a real good party atmosphere for the first 20 minutes or so. Andd it was quite good seeing the whole stadium full. Although, our bus broke down and we had to push it round a roundabout and up a main road...[/quote]that was my coach back too!!! i wasn''t gonna help but the wife got up and volunteered me!!! was a laugh pushing it round the roundabout of interchange between A1 and A17. been round it twice since in the car and its not the same.my best away game was barnsley away in our play off year. I was studying there at the time, and we sent them down at same time as keeping our play off charge on track. me and my best mate had to run the 3 miles back to my student house but went out that night singing on the ball city!!!

Crewe away, final game of the season we won the league. We filled two sides of the ground, Crewe gave us a guard of honour, Iwan''s final game, top top atmosphere, everyone was allowed on the pitch at the end, real good atmosphere between the two sets of fans, Roberts scored twice and we were signing you only need 4 more! Awesome day out [Y]

best away game has to be at oakwell been there twice and both 3-1 wins :)

worst was 2-0 to wolves which somehow was even worse than the thrashing we got at stoke

best stadium i''ve been to was leicester or hull

worst stadium was definately bury cyrstal palace is right up there though

Chelsea, early on in the 1992 season, 2-0 down, then we scored 3 thanks to some awful Dave Beasant goal-keeping. One fan was so overcome with emotion that he was climbing up on the fencing, he was being punched by a policeman or steward but he just didn''t care, he was laughing at them. We were kept in for almost an hour after the game I think, but that didn''t matter because "We are top of the league".

Worst away game, a toss-up between Barnet 2nd leg of League Cup and Northampton Town, again in League Cup. 2 abysmal performances against teams that we should have totally stuffed. Not looking forward to MK Dons with any confidence!

For me Tamworth away in the FA Cup will always be one to fondly remember, weather was terrible but the atmosphere was electric, a real old fashioned cup tie..... oh and we won!!!

I also really enjoyed trips to Cardiff (atmosphere and terracing), Crewe (nice little ground with some great supporters), Reading (just for the ideal location) and some of the older, more traditional grounds like Layer Road and The Vetch Field (both RIP).

Worst away ground has to be Palace, have been on numerous occasions and usually find myself stuck behind a post, add to the fact it is overpriced, nowadays we seem to go there at the most annoying times of the year (over Christmas/ New Year) and we usually end up losing or getting cheated it is one which doesn''t hold many happy memories!!! Rant over!!! [:D]

I''ve always enjoyed Luton for the sheer ''rustic'' surrounding. Good atmosphere and banter, and love the chant ''My garden shed.......''

Portaloo road is good, win lose or draw for me, love the atmosphere and the sheer comedic wit of the drunken City fans starting the most outrageous chants that would normally mean a jail term for saying.

The worst is Ricoh arena, scummy city, scummy stadium, windy as hell, rubbish atmosphere, Cov fans look like someone has rented out the Albert Hall for a party but only 3 people turn up.

barnsley away in the playoff season, we relegated them and were pushing for the play-offs. party atmosphere was a great day.

wolves at home first leg of the playoffs is one of the best home games for me, two late goals sunk wolves and pretty much booked our place to cardiff, mcveighs header was sheer class from the smallest guy in the pitch. happy days

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]Best away day ever has to be the scum away when we won the Championship!!

2-0 we beat the scum 2-0
He scored against the scum, he scored another one Mackenzie
have we f**ked you christmas up?
Top of the league at Portman Road etc etc

Then getting back to Norwich and seeing all the players celebrating in Delaneys and singing all the songs with us!!

Now that was an away day!!
[/quote]

what a day! i remember it well.. i said to my mate "watch Leon score" when he came on... wish id stuck a few bob on him now!

jas :)