Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Away Days

For atmosphere it has to be the playoff final at the Millenium Stadium - a truelly fantastic atmosphere before and during the game. For away wins it has to be Arsenal away when we were 2 down at half time and Robins came on 2nd half and we thumped them 2-4 - a huge party all the way home and then continued in the City all night! oh and what an amasing season it turned out to be!

[quote user="Klobo7"]My best away day will be the day I finally see us win away from home
No luck in 9 attempts so far and only a draw at Leicester to celebrate!
[/quote]

I''m still yet to see Norwich win after 14 away day trips. It''s more a case of which is the least painful, which would probably be the 0-0 draw at Spurs in the Premiership season. If only Huckerby had managed to get the ball before Ledley King we''d have stayed up............maybe!

Definitely Ipswich away when we won the league.

Other highlights are Barnsley in the playoff year and Crewe the championship year (Final game(

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Chirping Canary"]Hi just wondered what the best away game that you have been too, and also your favourite away ground.[/quote]
Doesn''t quite match the criteria; but i really enjoyed Hillsbrough for the last game of the season. Result aside, there was a real good party atmosphere for the first 20 minutes or so. Andd it was quite good seeing the whole stadium full. Although, our bus broke down and we had to push it round a roundabout and up a main road...
[/quote]

Totally agree with the atmosphere was a good day out.

Shame about the seccond half though.

I was on the coach behind you I''ve got a video on my phone of everyone pushing that coach in to the services.

I lost 3 inflatable bananas that day.Sad [:(]

[quote user="National express super guard"]found a clip, that bloke in the croft 7 shirt looks a fine specimen, or just fat!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcfB_GPVlE[/quote]Haha! that was fun. [:D]

Absolute fookin'' genius! The only disappointment is that no one fell over in a comedy manner...

I think the number 7 actually was Lee Croft... which means that NESG is......................... [:O]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Absolute fookin'' genius! The only disappointment is that no one fell over in a comedy manner...

I think the number 7 actually was Lee Croft... which means that NESG is......................... [:O]

[/quote]Haha, the best bit was us all singing Y''ARMY when we first pushedd it. [:D]

I would go for Ipswich away (2-0 win) the season we won the league

Barnsley away (2-0) win the season we got in the play-offs

Newcastle away (2-2) from 2-0 down the premiership season

And i''d probably go for Wolves away last season when we lost 2-0 for all the wrong reasons to be honest!  We was that bad that it was actually funny!  Very drunk that day, and very roudy too!  Got bored and me and my fellow chums started singing songs for players from the past such as: -

"walking in a rivers wonderland"

"david nielsen tra la la la la"

"he''s here he''s there, he''s every.................you know the rest"

"ohhhhh malky"

"McKenzie woooooooaahhhhhhh................."

"There''s only one Daryl Sutch"

"Viva Marc Libbra"

"Gunn, Gunn Bryan Bryan Gunn, he''s got no hair but we don''t care, Byran Byran Gunn"

"Iwan, Iwan, Iwan"

There were others too, but can''t remeber them at the moment, but everybody else was joining in too, so made it a good day out due to the fact we had put some smiles on some other disheartened city supporters faces.

Also, in the same game, for thos of you who were there, does anybody remeber us singing 226,226,226 to that wolves steward who sat at the front on his chair, with 226 on his high-vis jacket. 

Was quality song! 

It had to be when we played at Reading at Elm Park.  ( There last game there and flecky was playing for them ). There was constant banter between the supporters and at the end of the game the Reading fans ran on the pitch and started to throw lumps of turf into the Norwich pen. Norwich fans were climbing up the fence and the riot please were smacking there batons at anyone''s hands that were on top of the fence.

The worst away days by a million mile is shithurst park. I hate that place with a passion. Every time i have been we have lost and they have wooden benches for seats. What a dump. And its a hard ground to find as well. Not going back there ever again!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Absolute fookin''

genius! The only disappointment is that no one fell over in a comedy

manner...

[/quote]Haha, the best bit was us all singing Y''ARMY when we first pushedd it. [:D][/quote]

Missed that, I''m at work without speakers [:(]

Winning 1-0 at Liverpool, last game with Kop all standing, 2-2 draw at Old Trafford, then smashing Leeds 4-0 when they were a decent side. With Helsinki Canary on winning 4-2 at Arsenal after being 2-0 down, with the mural at the North Bank - also first game of the season, we stood in the corner bit between the Clock End and The East Stand and it was half full. Also last game of the season, 3-3 all draw at old Ayresome Park to qualify for Europe, 3,000 of us in Fancy Dress.  We were good once.

Always said I want to see us win the FA Cup in my lifetime, but when you look back on what you saw with your own eyes, and compare it to much of what has happened since, you don''t feel quite so short changed.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

One of the best in recent years was a loss for me...1-0 loss away at Sunderland when we clinched the title!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/may/05/match.sunderland?commentpage=1

[/quote]

Brilliant I was there as well remember them turning lights off to get rid of us an hour after game finished when ground had only about 2,000 city supporters left celebrating.

That vid is absolute quality, Im sat here in hysterics watchin that, brings back happy memories, of the post-match entertainment I mean, not the entertainment at the match! lol

Thanks for stickin it on youtube! And whoever started the y''army chant deserves a medal! lol

Leicester away in 1982 when we won 4-1 and Barnsley in the play off season when we won 2-0. Both excellent away days and the atmosphere at Barnsley was immense. Grimsby in the milk cup in 85 was also a memorable night, don''t think I''ve ever been so cold at a footy match in my life. There must have been about 6 inches of snow on the ground when we left Norwich and it was a pretty uncomfortable journey with the roads being so slippery. Remember clearing the ice from the windows of my Dolomite sprint at the back of Grove road shops after we''d got back, they were the days.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]Crewe away, final game of the season we won the league. We filled two sides of the ground, Crewe gave us a guard of honour, Iwan''s final game, top top atmosphere, everyone was allowed on the pitch at the end, real good atmosphere between the two sets of fans, Roberts scored twice and we were signing you only need 4 more! Awesome day out [Y][/quote]

Definately. And being able to go on the pitch at the end. And going in any stand you wished, migling with the crewe supporters. Excellent. I was only about 11-12 back then and I scored with a beach ball past the policemen in the crewe goal. I still have that ball. [:D]

[quote user="singingriverender"]

That vid is absolute quality, Im sat here in hysterics watchin that, brings back happy memories, of the post-match entertainment I mean, not the entertainment at the match! lol

Thanks for stickin it on youtube! And whoever started the y''army chant deserves a medal! lol

[/quote]

what vid?

A favourite awayday weekend was the year Brighton had the first ever Fans United day (1997?).  We were playing Sheff U on the Sunday so a load of us went to Brighton to support their campaign.  Thousands of fans from every club under the sun wearing colours and carrying banners, the atmosphere was something special. 

Felt rather sorry for the Hartlepool fans who came all that way for a 5-0 stuffing.  Some of them were in the same pub as us, and I overheard the following cultural exchange:  (Hartlepool fan to barmaid): "Give us a cork love" . . . (Barmaid): "Cork???" . . . (H fan): "Yeah, cork . . . c-o-k-e . . . cork".

Then on the Sunday off to Bramall Lane where we won 3-2 on the telly, the winner scored by the legendary Ulf Ottosson . . . "Ulf Ulf Ulf"

Not the best ever awayday perhaps but it still stands out as the highlight of a season that in all other respects was pretty naff.

Yes, I remember that day Strawberry, it was a fans'' day but also the Brighton fans were trying to make a point about their chairman at the time. I seem to remember some songs about him sung pre match. I remember before the game standing with fans from most clubs you could name, all very friendly. Even Crystal Palace turned up which was amazing in itself re their local rivalry. Can honestly say it was a great day and one of my best football days too - I was standing at the top of their terracing and couldn''t see a thing, but there was a lot of cheering. We all travelled down on a mini bus too which was also memorable as we got lost!

My favourite away ground was Highbury, saw some great games over the years there. Watford is another, the recent away day after clinching promotion was very special - I also love the old grounds in the north, Walsall, Rotherham, Burnley, Barnsley, both Sheffields. Fans are great, v friendly. Also I suppose my top old away ground after Highbury was the old Sunderland ground, Roker Park. Now that was atmosphere. My uncle came from Sunderland so we used to go to watch them on visits up there.

Reading away promotion season was great.

Mulryne goal with 5 mins to go ( after bouncing off the ref).

That was the moment when we all new we had done it...happy days

I only ever been to 2. Coventry and Ipswich last season. Coventry had an impresive stadium. It looked big from outside but really small inside. Also it was half empty and DIRE performance.When Ched evans scored against scum it was amazing. We went absolutely crazy! This woman came tumbling over my head and landed on the floor! Poor woman...i think she was pushed by her husband. I am going to nottingham forest in november! Not too far away and hopefully a win! They are bottom so potentially a good match!Does anyone know if you can ask where to sit at away games? Because i generally book tickets as soon as they come out and i normally find my self at the front. I''d rather sit at back. Can i request this?Thanks!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I only ever been to 2. Coventry and Ipswich last season. Coventry had an impresive stadium. It looked big from outside but really small inside. Also it was half empty and DIRE performance.

When Ched evans scored against scum it was amazing. We went absolutely crazy! This woman came tumbling over my head and landed on the floor! Poor woman...i think she was pushed by her husband.

I am going to nottingham forest in november! Not too far away and hopefully a win! They are bottom so potentially a good match!

Does anyone know if you can ask where to sit at away games? Because i generally book tickets as soon as they come out and i normally find my self at the front. I''d rather sit at back. Can i request this?

Thanks!
[/quote]

ive been to the city ground.... Just watch for the home fans in the tier above.... you might get a nasty suprise in your hair....which happened to my mate...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I only ever been to 2. Coventry and Ipswich last season. Coventry had an impresive stadium. It looked big from outside but really small inside. Also it was half empty and DIRE performance.When Ched evans scored against scum it was amazing. We went absolutely crazy! This woman came tumbling over my head and landed on the floor! Poor woman...i think she was pushed by her husband. I am going to nottingham forest in november! Not too far away and hopefully a win! They are bottom so potentially a good match!Does anyone know if you can ask where to sit at away games? Because i generally book tickets as soon as they come out and i normally find my self at the front. I''d rather sit at back. Can i request this?Thanks![/quote]

ive been to the city ground.... Just watch for the home fans in the tier above.... you might get a nasty suprise in your hair....which happened to my mate...

[/quote]Really? im suprised clubs still allow that. Can you imagine if that was like that at portaloo!!Do you know about the tickets?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I only ever been to 2. Coventry and Ipswich last season. Coventry had an impresive stadium. It looked big from outside but really small inside. Also it was half empty and DIRE performance.

When Ched evans scored against scum it was amazing. We went absolutely crazy! This woman came tumbling over my head and landed on the floor! Poor woman...i think she was pushed by her husband.

I am going to nottingham forest in november! Not too far away and hopefully a win! They are bottom so potentially a good match!

Does anyone know if you can ask where to sit at away games? Because i generally book tickets as soon as they come out and i normally find my self at the front. I''d rather sit at back. Can i request this?

Thanks!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m planning to go to Forest Away...but I''ve got a ''Sibierski'' so a quick wipe and shine and I''ll be good as new