Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Just wanted to gain peoples opinions on Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.  Just had a pretty sticky release from Cardiff.  Can pop up and score some goals. And I''m sure with Hoolahan supplying some decent balls he could be a success for us. Admittingly he is getting on a bit and may prove to be an expensive choice for someone who could just be a sub, but hey the way things are shaping up we are just looking at freebies so what better freebie!!! What do you think guys????

most people will say no to the lad but

he knows where the goals are and scored goals all levels.

maybe good addition but get him on play as you play deal may be better or performance related

Jimmy hasn''t really featured as much as perhaps his reputation suggested he should have this year for Cardiff. I bet he wasn''t cheap on the wages, and he has no real motivation for being there. I''m not convinced on this one. I certainly don''t think he''s another Dion.

And re your comment on freebies, the big cost on any player is the present value of their future wages. I don''t think that would be anywhere like cheap for Jimmy (but don''t know for sure). I wouldn''t.

[quote user="Mr Doovdé"]No,no,no and no i would rather give chris martin or renton a go than this winging old timer.[/quote]

i dont know how good they are, but if these two are the next strikers after cureton come august 1st you in whole lot of poo

not to many strikers out there to be honest

how about loaning daniel sturridge for year off city

[quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

[quote user="Mr Doovdé"]No,no,no and no i would rather give chris martin or renton a go than this winging old timer.[/quote]

i dont know how good they are, but if these two are the next strikers after cureton come august 1st you in whole lot of poo

[/quote]

How about going away??????

Not been the summer of furious transfer activity we were promised one has to say.  Stormy seas ahead I fear unless you listen to the Doc who seems to think we will be pushing for promotion with what we have - numpty.

No chance. Especially since the main reason Hux was not given a new contract is because GR wanted to get him off the wage bill. JFH''s wages will be even bigger than Hux and they nearly singlehandedly crippled Cardiff.

Some interesting points made. I agree, that with some good service from the wings he can be a real threat, however I certainly don''t think that he would have anywhere near the kind of possitive influence in the dressing room that Dion had and he may suffer from the big fish in small pond attitude a la Helveg. This one for me definately comes down to wages: Worth a gamble in my eyes but only at the right price.

OTBC

[quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

[/quote]

I think you may be underestimating the ability of Chris Martin, lets face it he would have scored more than Freddy Eastwood if he had featured more regularly under last season.  I am confident that Reoder knows what he is doing, we have been linked with Sibierski and Rigters. Both would be good players at this level.

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

[/quote]

I think you may be underestimating the ability of Chris Martin, lets face it he would have scored more than Freddy Eastwood if he had featured more regularly under last season.  I am confident that Reoder knows what he is doing, we have been linked with Sibierski and Rigters. Both would be good players at this level.

[/quote]

freddy eastwood started 8 games so hardly knock his goal scoring ratio

which was the same as andy keogh in started games for us

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

[/quote]

How about going away??????

[/quote]

thats exactly the response he wants... he can see he is taking the Wizz so will continue to post on here now... he''s getting to people and loves it...

ignore his posts and he will go away

jas :)

1. i am in a wind up mood today i do admit

2. i dont always try to take the wizz jas, just let you know

3. if you dont bite i wont react simple - as jas said

4. its the truth martin came on at wolves n was shocking, if he the saviour then your in big trouble