Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Lets hear it for PNE

Saturday was unbelievable it would have been a party even without Preston even being there, but Prestons presence and the way they made the game made a good day even better. They were certainly the best team I have seen all season at FCR, fortunately we got the right result but quite honestly if we had lost you could not disagree with that result.

Damian Francis scored a screamer and set up DH for the winner, but I thought although he worked hard in midfield he was second best which you can''t say too often this year.

Preston are a credit to Craig Brown and unlike a number of other more successful teams play football the way it should be played in this Division, good luck to them for next year, but I did think they have a couple of players we could do worse than look at, rather than some of the aging suggestions I have seen mentioned. Etuhu was a handful and Ricardo Fuller was an impressive sight at 6''3" and with his size and ability would be a handful for anyone.

Just suggestions but thanks again for making the party complete.

I agree pete - though I wouldn''t say they were the best side we''ve seen at Carrow Road this season, bearing in mind we weren''t at our best. However, I do think that they made a real game of it, given that they''d nothing but pride to play for. I thought they passed the ball well, and took their chances well. Etuhu was really impressive - he must have been gutted when Greeno stuck up a hand in injury time and turned what looked like a certain equaliser over the bar.

I thought their supporters were first class as well - joined in the Mexican waves (though I found them a bit distracting - nice of Hucks to kill off the final one by getting everyone on their feet!) and they gave the team a good reception on the lap of honour. They were a credit to their club.

No wonder they gave us a good reception & joined in with the party atmosphere... Did you see how many of them stayed behind with yellow shirts on!!

God knows how all the Norwich fans in the away end got tickets??

It was easy - I live in Crewe, so getting a ticket from PNE with a Crewe address was no problem. I would just like to add though that the PNE fans were first class, even giving us a round of applause when the colours were revealed at full time! In fact, when the stewards moved some of the city fans, the PNE fans complained and asked that they be allowed to stay. Not something I would choose to do regularly, but glad I didn''t miss the party!

Agree wholeheartedly about Etuhu, but not so sure about Fuller - yes he was a handful, but his touch and control was awful....certainly not Premiership quality. Nobody seems to have mentioned Paul McKenna yet - he was the best player on the park in my opinion......highly regarded by the Preston fans, too.....

I heard today about a friend of a colleague who is Preston born-and-bred and a lifelong Preston fan. He applied to Preston for a ticket for Saturday and was initially refused because of having a Norwich address since he''s worked here for the past couple of years. Eventually he managed to convince the people at Preston that he was bona fide, but you can sort of see where the football club was coming from in being a bit sceptical.
Agree with everything you said about the PNE fans, Templeton. They were great! I even posted to that effect on their rivals site, but my assessment of the game didn''t go down too well as a fan replied that he was sick of hearing how well they had played but they hadn''t got anything to show for their efforts. Oh well! You can''t please some people, but I think I know how he feels as we''ve often felt the same in the past.