Sign in to follow this  
Peter

City Superman

Apologies to anyone who may have posted a similar message.

But a special mention must be made on behalf of Gary Holt, who not only played his usual solid game but survived for 90 minutes on Saturday.

On Wednesday he was carried off against Denmark with a gash requiring 3 stitches and in obvious pain. At the time I honestly thought Three Lungs would struggle to play again this year.

But to my utter surprise he featured in the warm up and again I felt he was only on the bench to keep his ever present record, but no he played the whole game.

Worthy must announce his contract extension soon, what a player, what commitment. Viera, Keane keep em weve got Gary Holt.

You''re dead right Peter. Holt showed that a mere flesh wound wasn''t going to stop him from donning the yellow and green and missing out on the Party on Saturday.

Although he did have a plaster, and a more substantial bandage in the second half - what a wimp!

He reminded me of the black night in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. He ended up with just a head but was still claiming that he''d ''bite the ankles'' of his adversaries!

I must admit to watching Holty''s face for evidence of pain during the game and he sure did wince a couple of times when he was floored by a tackle and rolled onto the knee. Despite this, he just got straight back up and into his running again. What a guy! Just shows what it means to him to be ever-present in this oh-so-special season!