Sign in to follow this  
Bicester Canary

Re: Peter Grant

I can smell the sarcasm a mile off, or maybe that''s just your breath with the amount of **** that just came out then!

Yeah, never should have been sacked, best manager we EVER had, Duff is a true legend!!!

I read his comments on Paul Ince getting the Rovers job, saying he should''nt get it because Ince did''nt have the coaching badges yet.  Really helped you during your management career PG.

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]Peter Grant wasn''t as bad as everyone made him out to be, and the Duff was never really given a chance![/quote]

Shut up you joker, he took us to our lowest position since the 60s? 

If Roeder has to make do with cheap players like Grant had too then i fully expect this season to go the same way as the last one .A manager is only as good as his squad , at the moment a Ferguson, Wenger partnership would not get our rabble anywhere near the top of this league.

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]Just don''t think Grant and Duff were given much of a chance, if Roeder does poorly at the start of this season they won''t look so bad![/quote]

Ok, now I''m worried because I don''t think you are joking.

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]Peter Grant wasn''t as bad as everyone made him out to be, and the Duff was never really given a chance![/quote]

You have got to be extracting the urine

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

You have got to be extracting the urine

[/quote]

I think he may also be extracting the brown stuff from the hole round the back [:|]

Nothing against Grant. He shouldn''t have been given the job in the first place. At a time when we needed a strong experienced manager to come in he was offered the job. He is probably a very good coach but like most he should have started off lower down the football league, and not with a club with the threat of relegation hanging very closely over their head.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Nothing against Grant. He shouldn''t have been given the job in the first place. At a time when we needed a strong experienced manager to come in he was offered the job. He is probably a very good coach but like most he should have started off lower down the football league, and not with a club with the threat of relegation hanging very closely over their head.
[/quote]

You''re right, he is probably a very ood coach, just a shocking manager...

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]the Duff was never really given a chance![/quote]FINALLY. SOME BLOODY RECOGNITION.Peter is currently looking at "exciting" opportunities with the Lebanese paralympic side (female B team.) I, on the other hand, work on an oil rig.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Bicester Canary"]the Duff was never really given a chance![/quote]FINALLY. SOME BLOODY RECOGNITION.Peter is currently looking at "exciting" opportunities with the Lebanese paralympic side (female B team.) I, on the other hand, work on an oil rig.[/quote]yeah Grant was pretty armless...........but he wouldn''t have a leg to stand on (good lord, get me out of this gutter)

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Nothing against Grant. He shouldn''t have been given the job in the first place. At a time when we needed a strong experienced manager to come in he was offered the job. He is probably a very good coach but like most he should have started off lower down the football league, and not with a club with the threat of relegation hanging very closely over their head.
[/quote]

I know they say you should leave the past in the past...but I still can''t help but look back and think what a shocking decision by the board the appointment of PG was....and more to the point WHY?!

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]yeah Grant was pretty armless...........but he wouldn''t have a leg to stand on (good lord, get me out of this gutter)[/quote]At last, a poster here who understands comedy.In serious PG may have been armless but he wasnt harmless. He almost got us relegated. I''d like to know what he''s up to as well.I hope, for the love of the beautiful game, that doesnt mean football in any shape or form.

well i go to the same school as grants son and he is still going there so i assume he must still be living in norwich.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

I know they say you should leave the past in the past...but I still can''t help but look back and think what a shocking decision by the board the appointment of PG was....and more to the point WHY?!

[/quote]

I think it surprised many people at the time.  Perhaps he talked a good game (or they couldn''t understand what he was saying and were impressed with the pointing).  My understanding is that he is generally regarded as a good coach but clearly couldn''t make the step up.  He should have started off in Blue Square or League II if he wanted a crack at managing. 

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

well i go to the same school as grants son and he is still going there so i assume he must still be living in norwich.

[/quote]

Bet when you play footy during PE he is not allowed to pick the team is he?