Sign in to follow this  
Shannock Bob

Cullum saga

My take on the current situation is that Cullum will most probably be in position to put in a succesful bid by Christmas. He has been very shrewd in planting the seed publicly thus getting the great majority of city fans on his side and condeming Delia and the rest to becoming almost a ''lame duck'' board.

If/when the current team begin the season with a struggle and obviously there is no sign of future improvement in january, the amount of abuse from the terrace directed at Delia will be intangible. Not at all good for her celebrity status at all. Plus another season struggling in the lower recesses of the Championship will have an adverse effect on the share price which will allow Cullum to be able to strike a deal at a lower price.

I guess to sum up: I know that having seen the news earlier in the week of his potential investment, we are all undoubtedly very excited but i am a firm believer that patience is a virtue and I am posititve that we will have Cullum''s people at the helm eventually.

OTBC

[quote user="shannockbob"]

My take on the current situation is that Cullum will most probably be in position to put in a succesful bid by Christmas. He has been very shrewd in planting the seed publicly thus getting the great majority of city fans on his side and condeming Delia and the rest to becoming almost a ''lame duck'' board.

If/when the current team begin the season with a struggle and obviously there is no sign of future improvement in january, the amount of abuse from the terrace directed at Delia will be intangible. Not at all good for her celebrity status at all. Plus another season struggling in the lower recesses of the Championship will have an adverse effect on the share price which will allow Cullum to be able to strike a deal at a lower price.

I guess to sum up: I know that having seen the news earlier in the week of his potential investment, we are all undoubtedly very excited but i am a firm believer that patience is a virtue and I am posititve that we will have Cullum''s people at the helm eventually.

OTBC

[/quote]also, as house prices continue to fall, the clubs land and building assets will suffer a write down...surely, the board should sell at the top - cos its likely to get worse, especially if we find ourselves in a relegation battle again???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="shannockbob"]

OTBC

[/quote]

also, as house prices continue to fall, the clubs land and building assets will suffer a write down...

surely, the board should sell at the top - cos its likely to get worse, especially if we find ourselves in a relegation battle again???
[/quote]

yes, good point. It does make you wonder about the level of actual business acumen on the board and also wonder how many bad decisions over the years we have not been privvy to.

surely, the board should sell at the top - cos its likely to get worse, especially if we find ourselves in a relegation battle again???

yes, good point. It does make you wonder about the level of actual business acumen on the board and also wonder how many bad decisions over the years we have not been privvy to.

Hang on a minute. According to Mr Cullum in yesterdays EDP (admittedly relegated to page 48 as opposed to seductive I''ll invest £20 million headlines on the front page), he has no intention of buying Delia''s shares so they CAN''T sell at the top. I am still waiting to see Mr Cullum actual proposal. All that has been reported so far is the informal chat last autumn of £5 million to take control of the club with a further £15 million later & that he would not pay of the debt so they would have to be refinanced..all reported in the EDP. Have I missed a later any update

Nope there has been nothing further.  It has amazed me how much reaction there has been to this nothing story.  If PC is serious about investing in NCFC I would like to know exactly how he proposes to put in £20 mill without buying any shares and gain a control in the club. It does not work like that, as I am sure he is aware!!! If he wants control he should start hovering up the shares that are available.  ...and there are more available than you might think!

Id sell some of mine if I thought they were going to the right person for the right price, as I am sure a fair few other shareholders would.