Sign in to follow this  
HERALDO

Christmas Presents

To all Norwich City supporters. I suggest that you write to all your friends and relations and tell your wife and children that you are buying them the ultimate Christmas present this year which is Shares in Norwich City. The slogan must be " Shares at Christmas are a commitment for Life"

Good call mate,would be a perfect prezzie for kids as it would hopefully give them a lasting affinity with the club. I`ve got a feeling the share issue might just be a success,but alot relies on local businesses being generous+realizing the huge benefits promotion would bring not just to the region,but to their own workers+ultimately their profits. Come on business people of Norfolk,football fans or not,see it as an investment+dont be tight!!
As for the average fan,i think people have to realize that the club has been in a position several times to fleece the fans,but have retained their integrity+refused to do so. Who would have been surprised if season-ticket prices had been seriously hiked after Cardiff,or this season when they had to be capped? Also,with casual tickets in such short supply this season,it must have been a big temptation for the board to charge,say 30 quid a game to offset the loss of income. There would have been an outcry,but most seats would have been sold. That the board refused to do so shows an excellent attitude+respect for the fans.
I guess its up to individuals whether they can spare some cash,but i for one believe that the boards+Worthingtons efforts deserve the full backing of everyone able to contribute-and yes i will be putting some in myself. Remember that if just 1000 fans give 100 quid each, the `regular fans` quota of 1 million will have been filled so every little helps!