Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

If you played for Norwich........

and therefore earned lots of money, where in this marvelous county would you choose to live?  Nothing against Thorpe but surely there''s even nicer areas.  For me it would be the village of Matishall. 

Carrow road, in a small hut under the stadium! I would also rent the corner most flat for the year, and hire it out to various famous funny people each saturday!

There are so many nice villages in Norfolk. Personally I love Wroxham and some of the surrounding villages, Reedham and High Green is quite nice (just outside Brooke which is my 2nd home!!!). One thing I can tell you is anywhere would be better than Reading!!! [+o(]

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]There are so many nice villages in Norfolk. Personally I love Wroxham and some of the surrounding villages, Reedham and High Green is quite nice (just outside Brooke which is my 2nd home!!!). One thing I can tell you is anywhere would be better than Reading!!! [+o(][/quote]9/10 for Brooke''s Cricket ground I have to say.

I hate Brooke''s cricket ground. Chased a ball down to the boundry a few years ago and ended up head first in that f*cking ditch! Almost broke my arm and still got fined £1 for a misfield, outrageous! Plus i never got any runs there

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]There are so many nice villages in Norfolk. Personally I love Wroxham and some of the surrounding villages, Reedham and High Green is quite nice (just outside Brooke which is my 2nd home!!!). One thing I can tell you is anywhere would be better than Reading!!! [+o(][/quote]

9/10 for Brooke''s Cricket ground I have to say.

[/quote]

Brooke is a lovely little village, nothing much seems to have changed there in 24 years. Will have to check out the cricket ground when I''m up later this month. [:)]

I hate Brooke''s cricket ground. Chased a ball down to the boundry a few

years ago and ended up head first in that f*cking ditch! Almost broke

my arm and still got fined £1 for a misfield, outrageous! Plus i never

got any runs there
Lovely old bit of village cricket!!!  

You can''t beat it can you?! Playing in the mid norfolk league on a sunday against the likes of Reepham and Salle on what can only be described as a recently ploughed field. Turning up still sozzled from the night before to find that there''s only 1 other adult so you''ve gotta look after the nippers instead of hiding out down at Fine Leg like you wanted to. Aaaaah the memories!!!

You can''t beat it can you?! Playing in the mid norfolk league on a

sunday against the likes of Reepham and Salle on what can only be

described as a recently ploughed field. Turning up still sozzled from

the night before to find that there''s only 1 other adult so you''ve

gotta look after the nippers instead of hiding out down at Fine Leg

like you wanted to. Aaaaah the memories!!!
One word - Awesome.  Rob Green and Gary Hold were pretty decent Cricketers whilst they were here.

[quote user="AndyJR"]and therefore earned lots of money, where in this marvelous county would you choose to live?  Nothing against Thorpe but surely there''s even nicer areas. 

For me it would be the village of Matishall. 

[/quote]

Chelsea-on-sea

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]There are so many nice villages in Norfolk. Personally I love Wroxham and some of the surrounding villages, Reedham and High Green is quite nice (just outside Brooke which is my 2nd home!!!). One thing I can tell you is anywhere would be better than Reading!!! [+o(][/quote]

[/quote]

Is that the one with a tree inside the boundary. I remember playing cricket somehwere in Norfolk in my youth (sure it was Brooke) and one of our players hit the ball into the tree. It was going fora  six but the ruling was that it could only be a four if it hit the tree. We lost by one run.

Anyway, it would be one of the Burnham''s  for me.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]There are so many nice villages in Norfolk. Personally I love Wroxham and some of the surrounding villages, Reedham and High Green is quite nice (just outside Brooke which is my 2nd home!!!). One thing I can tell you is anywhere would be better than Reading!!! [+o(][/quote]9/10 for Brooke''s Cricket ground I have to say.[/quote]

Is that the one with a tree inside the boundary. I remember playing cricket somehwere in Norfolk in my youth (sure it was Brooke) and one of our players hit the ball into the tree. It was going fora  six but the ruling was that it could only be a four if it hit the tree. We lost by one run.

[/quote]Think that might be Little Melton, then again could be Hardingham.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Long stratton... its nice there... wymondham is nice too

jas :)

[/quote]

You''re having me on, right ;)

Old Buckenham :) Has a mysterious cricket club in a forest.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Think that might be Little Melton, then again could be Hardingham.
[/quote]

I reckon it''s Hardingham. I remember us winning perhaps our only match ever in Little Melton. We did a lap of honour around the pitch...

Old Buckenham always looked really nice, with that massive green in the middle...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Deopham [+o(]

You bloody yokels... [;)]

[/quote]Deopham?! That''s just a row of terraced houses and a cow patch football field! Away to Deopham in the grip of winter, where sub-zero Arctic winds whip across the fields, and... and... brrrr. Never again.

[quote user="Coelho"]Deopham?! That''s just a row of terraced houses

and a cow patch football field! Away to Deopham in the grip of winter,

where sub-zero Arctic winds whip across the fields, and... and...

brrrr. Never again.[/quote]

I was joking, you should know how much I hated that place... only made

about 4 league "appearances" for Famous Sunday League Team (FSLT) and 2

of them were on that newly-ploughed field... the place is like a

quagmire, except without the giggity but added goo.... always raining

and usually hungover, its the kind of place where legs turn to concrete

after five minutes (though that might be because I''m a lard-arse)

[quote user="AndyJR"]I hate Brooke''s cricket ground. Chased a ball down to the boundry a few

years ago and ended up head first in that f*cking ditch! Almost broke

my arm and still got fined £1 for a misfield, outrageous! Plus i never

got any runs there
Lovely old bit of village cricket!!!   [/quote]I hate East Runton cricket ground!Chased a ball to the boundary, dived and stopped it with me thumb. Carried on playing and batted in a lot of pain. A week later went to the docs, straight to hospital for x-ray, unsuccessful attempts made to shift the bones in a dislocated and smashed thumb.No more cricket. No more darts for months and months. And can you imagine typing full-time at work with that? Also could not lift a pint jug with my right hand for months.Doc called me in with the news that when it caused me problems as I got older the joint would be fused with some sort of ray - or just amputated.I hate East Runton....Nice area to live, however.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]That''s a really upsetting story... you couldn''t lift a pint for months? [:''(][/quote]The drinking of beer is one of the key reasons for playing village Cricket one has to say.