Sign in to follow this  
fox

sky sports

After looking around a bit I''m certain they''re wrong and are refering to our ''attacking defender'' Bertrand. In fact I was on the verge of emailing them earlier and saying something, but couldn''t be bothered.

[quote user="No News Nicholas"]After looking around a bit I''m certain they''re wrong and are refering to our ''attacking defender'' Bertrand. In fact I was on the verge of emailing them earlier and saying something, but couldn''t be bothered.
[/quote]

Roeder interview shown just now and he said he was positive we would sign a premiership striker within next 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked with son 1 who also heard it so I ain`t going nuts.

WHO??

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="No News Nicholas"]After looking around a bit I''m certain they''re wrong and are refering to our ''attacking defender'' Bertrand. In fact I was on the verge of emailing them earlier and saying something, but couldn''t be bothered.[/quote]

Roeder interview shown just now and he said he was positive we would sign a premiership striker within next 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked with son 1 who also heard it so I ain`t going nuts.

WHO??

[/quote]Yes the presenter said that, but all Roeder said was we are a club who should be aiming for promotion etc. Nothing about a striker; I''m fairly sure Sky have made a **** up here. Hope I''m wrong though.

Of the players we have heard of, Chedwyn or Rigters?

I think it''s most likely to be someone we haven''t heard of yet (like Ched last year).

The interview should be on again in a few minutes. Someone can tell me after that if Roeder says anything himself about this striker, because the last couple of times it''s been on it was only mentioned by the presenters.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Mpenza, Rigters, Phillips, Healy.

Expect Riordan at CR very soon.

[/quote]

what makes you think Riordan?

How annoying, Skysports do all the same news over and over again, apart from Norwich!

Nope, as I said, nothing mentioned by GR himself about this striker. Don''t get your hopes up folks.By the way, how bad was that guy''s pronunciation of ''Shackell''?! Almost as bad as it is on the Fifa games!

Sounded like he was talking about some exotic Middle Eastern player!

[quote user="No News Nicholas"]After looking around a bit I''m certain they''re wrong and are refering to our ''attacking defender'' Bertrand. In fact I was on the verge of emailing them earlier and saying something, but couldn''t be bothered.
[/quote]Think you are right.

On Rad Norfolk this afternoon Roeder said he hoped to sign someone in next 24 hours. After interview the announcer said that interview took place before Bertrand had signed.

Roeder also said that after this signing he woukl turn his attention to strikers and needed a tall one because we only had one and that was Cureton and he was short.

He lso said he wants Kieron Gibb back.

I''d be happy with gibbo here again, i reckon he''d be pretty good this time round too, him and hoolahan make nice options for the LHS I do believe we''ll get a prem striker tomorrow, or at least be told about one we nearly got, i don''t think sky will get that one wrong

[quote user="No News Nicholas"]Nope, as I said, nothing mentioned by GR himself about this striker. Don''t get your hopes up folks.

By the way, how bad was that guy''s pronunciation of ''Shackell''?! Almost as bad as it is on the Fifa games!
[/quote]

Thats what you get for playing FIFA games, not a patch on Pro Evo ;)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d be happy with gibbo here again, i reckon he''d be pretty good this time round too, him and hoolahan make nice options for the LHS I do believe we''ll get a prem striker tomorrow, or at least be told about one we nearly got, i don''t think sky will get that one wrong
[/quote]Think they have Jimmy. Rad Norfolk intimated that interview was a bit confusing because it came before Bertrand signing. At the time of interview Roeder said he couldn''t disclose name of player they were hoping to sign in next 24 hours. That turned out to be Bertrand.

Forgot to mention that in same interview Roeder said that Berner had been injured in training and would not train for 2 to 3 weeks.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Fraizer Campbell from Man Utd?[/quote]

There are two threads with exactly the same subject I''ve posted this ten minutes later than you. I wasn''t sure whether he was going back to Hull or not, if he isn''t he would do quite a good job. The only thing I would say is that having Windass as a strike partner probably helps take some of defenders attention away in the same way the Ched Evans did last season when Dion was up front along side him.

[quote user="Largey"]

[quote user="No News Nicholas"]Nope, as I said, nothing mentioned by GR himself about this striker. Don''t get your hopes up folks.By the way, how bad was that guy''s pronunciation of ''Shackell''?! Almost as bad as it is on the Fifa games![/quote]

[/quote]I''m a Pro Evo fan actually! [:D] Even though I usually try Fifa each year to see if it''s improved much.Back on topic, if Roeder had actually said earlier about this striker, surely it would have spread like wildfire on the internet straight away? Wasn''t in the offy site''s, the Pinkun''s or Waghorn''s report from the press gathering earlier today. Sky are the only ones who have reported this, and probably don''t give two shiny ones if their info about little Naarwich is correct.

[quote user="No News Nicholas"][quote user="Largey"]

[quote user="No News Nicholas"]Nope, as I said, nothing mentioned by GR himself about this striker. Don''t get your hopes up folks.

By the way, how bad was that guy''s pronunciation of ''Shackell''?! Almost as bad as it is on the Fifa games!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m a Pro Evo fan actually! [:D] Even though I usually try Fifa each year to see if it''s improved much.

Back on topic, if Roeder had actually said earlier about this striker, surely it would have spread like wildfire on the internet straight away? Wasn''t in the offy site''s, the Pinkun''s or Waghorn''s report from the press gathering earlier today. Sky are the only ones who have reported this, and probably don''t give two shiny ones if their info about little Naarwich is correct.
[/quote]Have tried to explain what has happened , above.