Sign in to follow this  
We used to be..........

Shares................

well, considering they''ve been tucked away in the filing cabinet for nearly 4 years, gathering dust, I''ll have to ask at least 50pence each for them.

Got to set an example to our majority shareholders and show I am acting in the best interests of the club.

This has just given me an idea - If it meant that Cullum would spend £20m on players would all the fans (non-board members) who hold shares give them to Cullum for free?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

Its a great idea but some have already stated their desire to keep their shares.

[/quote]

I realise that but this proposition has not yet been put to them - would it make a difference?

No - I''m asking would everyone give their shares away for free giving Cullum over 30% of the shareholding if he was going to then spend £20m on the team? Quite a small sacrifice for most?

So why didn''t Geoffrey Watling sell them to Delia for 50p?

Even Board Members shares are worth whatever two parties agree in the transaction. If the majority sharteholders gave away their shares for nothing it would be a hell of a gesture wouldn''t it?

If the majority shareholders gave away their shares it would cost them Millions. But most fans hold only a few hundred quids worth. If all of them agreed to give their shares away in exchange for £20m to be spent on players it would not be a huge sacrifice. To most the shares are just a piece of paper that they will never cash in anyway. I reckon if we could get alot of support for this and then make the offer to Cullum it could sweeten the deal enough for both him and the board to get this thing sorted. Don''t you think?

I tried to reply earlier but kept getting some crazy text box message[:@]

I have held 25 shares for 25 years Captain. Before they were mine they were my fathers. When he bought them I reckon £25 was a lot of money. In answer to your question the shares are of greater value to me than any money they may be worth. However, if parting with them meant 20m went to the club I would certainly do so. But the shares are valuable enough to me for me to want to know a little bit more than we do now. In truth we knopw nothing about what''s going on. Those that think they do seem to be blundering from one unworkable theory to another. Even if everybody else gave their shares away the majority shareholders would still be exactly that and would remain in control of the club.

It''s bedtime now [|-)][S]

Nice to chat Captain[Y]

Hi Nutty. Reading the first part of your last post I thought you were about to say you wouldn''t part with them but the fact it went the other way gives a little hope. My thoughts are that if all the fans did the same as you would be willing to do, Cullum would need only buy about 15% from Delia to become majority shareholder. I believe there are also 5 or 6% of shares currently unissued and available for sale so Cullum could buy those too and have 51% or so total.

I too would want to know more about his plans etc. But if it was as simple as he would spend £20m on players, excluding wages, maybe most fans would go for that deal.

Aye aye Captain. But unfortuunately if 15% of Delias shares were all he needed to take control of the club then those shares would be worth far more than £25\30 each. I can understand why fans are trying to find workable ways to make this investment happen but the reality seems to me that the only people who can make it happen are the parties involved. I doubt very much if the situation is as straight forward as many fans see it or want to see it. It''s simplistic to believe that Cullum wants to invest 20m in the team and Delia is stopping him. The statements in the press last week suggest to me that both parties have made misleading statements over the last 9 months. I don''t know what to believe and until I do my shares would most certainly stay with me.

It''s safest on the fence watching this unfold. The game is being played out in front of us but we are only seeing brief glimpses of it.

Similarly I have a hundred shares and whilst to me the money would be nice I didnt buy them for financial gain. I would give them away if it meant significant investment in the club likewise if an offfer was made to buy all shares i would be hapy to keep them, no price would convince me to sell for financial reasons alone.

Far better that those who feel so inclined towards Mr Cullum give him not their shares but their support. ie votesOf course the danger in this action would be that were he not to carry out this fantasy of spending £20m on players that support would be withdrawn.I think you''ll find that is why Mr Cullum wants total control of the club rather than the backing of all who think that £20m for players is a fine and noble idea.Accountability can be a very difficult threat hanging over somebody. If he is genuine then what''s the problem, if not ......... ?This is what what has caused the door to shown to him at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Far better that those who feel so inclined towards Mr Cullum give him not their shares but their support. ie votes

Of course the danger in this action would be that were he not to carry out this fantasy of spending £20m on players that support would be withdrawn.

I think you''ll find that is why Mr Cullum wants total control of the club rather than the backing of all who think that £20m for players is a fine and noble idea.

Accountability can be a very difficult threat hanging over somebody. If he is genuine then what''s the problem, if not ......... ?

This is what what has caused the door to shown to him at Carrow Road.
[/quote]

If he is genuine?

He''s from bleedin'' Norfolk, he was once connected at the club when he was a footballing youth and has attended games at Carrow Road, he''s not a faceless ''who is he?'' individual, like that Evans chappie.Cullum, has as much credibility to lose if he isn''t true to his word.....I''m sure if Mr Cullum were to detract from what he''s proposing to do, to benefit and financially assist NCFC. Not only would the 24,000 support let him know in uncertain terms, but also, the media would have a field day. Therefore, his business would be in the spotlight in a negative light and so would his integrity.

The true question is...."Why the real reluctance for the major-shareholding duo''s resistance and them keeping the NCFC door slammed shut?"

I have my suspicions.....

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Far better that those who feel so inclined towards Mr Cullum give him not their shares but their support. ie votes

Of course the danger in this action would be that were he not to carry out this fantasy of spending £20m on players that support would be withdrawn.

I think you''ll find that is why Mr Cullum wants total control of the club rather than the backing of all who think that £20m for players is a fine and noble idea.

Accountability can be a very difficult threat hanging over somebody. If he is genuine then what''s the problem, if not ......... ?

This is what what has caused the door to shown to him at Carrow Road.
[/quote]

Getting worried are we Walphy?

He can have my paltry shares tomorrow if it will do any good.