Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Bird

Danny Mills

On the subject of ex Norwich City players possibly returning to the club next season. I am surprised that no-one has mentioned Danny Mills. For he is still only on loan at Middlesbrough till the end of the season, and it looks as if Leeds will get relegated so they will need to offload some players in the summer. He still has family and friends in the area, and he can play anywhere in the back four, and he will always give you a 110% effert! Remember how well he played in the World Cup! (And this season how well he kept Henry quiet!!)
With him and Darren Kenton hopefully coming back, playing alongside Adam Drury and Mackay or Fleming, that would give Green a more solid looking defence in front of him.
OTBC...

Thought about him but feel his wage demand will be to high and maybe he is too comitted at times and would be unsettling for the rest of the defence. The key however is wages (£40,000 per week I think) that is a shed load of money to see the return of Danny boy !

I like the idea of Mills. He is a solid Premiership player and although his temprement can flare up, one sending off may be far outweighed by his overall contribution. I don''t think he would whine in the dressing room either and would probably fit in with the current club ethos.

I''ve mentioned him on another thread. But there''s three very good reasons to steer clear of him.

1. He''s demanded 40k per week, although I don''t think he currently gets that. He''s obviously deluded to believe he deserves that much.

2. He''s got an awful temprament and would spend most of his time suspended or appearing infront of an FA enquiry.

3. Who needs Danny Mills when we''ve got Edworthy and Drury as full backs?!!!

Mills has his merits, but I can imagine him and Worthy having a major fall out. After all, Worthy doesn''t seem to like people disagreeing with him and Mills does have something of a motuh on him.

Is that the former Norwich keeper Bryan Gunn? Or an infiltrator, or just someone who happens to have the same name as him?

Although i''m not a great Mills fans I would have to admit that he would be an excellent signing for us, even though it seems extremely unlikely due to the afore mentioned reasons, ie WAGES. Edworthy has done very well for us this season but I fear he will get caught out in the Premiership, so whether it be Mills or someone else, a good right back must be on Mr Worthington''s shopping list.

Danny Mills.

Premiership player, premiership wages.

He wants £25k a week. No signing on fee.

I say pay him it and add some defensive quality!

I think we all read Worthington''s comments in the press denying that Danny Mills return was on he cards. But personally I''d welcome a player of that quality if paying his wages was feasible.

With the exception of the left back position, we do need to strengthen our defense this summer. Even if we stick with our current back four any injury crisis in that area could put us in real difficulty. As a former defender I''m sure Worthy knows this only too well.

Give Briggs a chance. I feel he still has a future, saying that he''ll probably be released now