Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Tell us whats going on.

Thank you for the explanation Ralph Wrong. Can you stop swearing at me please because you are insulting my intelligence thinking i come from south of the border. Im Norwich through and through and will support my club through the good times and bad times and i dont like Delia ( especially as she calls us fans the great unwashed ).     On the ball city...................

[quote user="Stavros"]I agree with this line of thought.

The response from the board seemed clear enough to me. Basically it''d take a lot more than 20million for the control that PC is looking for, which makes sense. All he''s said that i''ve read is that he''s wanting to put in 20mil for new players, well yeah great but it isn''t as simple as that is it now?. My personal opinion is that PC seems to be talking the talk and increasing the pressure on the board but i''m not sure how serious he is. Personally i think his timing is pretty bad as we are needing to recruit players and this take-over talk is not doing us any favours in that respect.

[/quote]I also agree with this but a thought has just struck me.  And I really really really hope I am more cynical that the actual world is.It is this "WHY HAS CULLEM WAITED UNTIL NOW TO SPEAK UP?"  why not speak up in October, or January or Feburary or whenever?I reckon he didn''t speak up when we were doing well because the pressure from the fans would be less. - He is best off speaking up in a period when we are not doing very well.Has he spoken up now to create such a period?  He''s certainly made it more difficult to sign the players we need.  He must know the price goes up if the seller sniffs money.  What if the whiff of extra money stops us signing the players we need to compete (in the event of his take over moving at its current speed).  This creates the pressure he needs.  Job done.Lets face it - if the current board (inept as they are) know you can spin in a press release, whats the betting that Cullem knows that as well?God, I hope I''m too cynical.

BTW - I''m pretty sure £20 million one off, no more ever isn''t actually an offer thats too good to turn down - if anyone was prepared to look beyond august anyway.

7rew I think it''s safe to say that an offer of £20 million for players at any time would have the fans salivating, regardless of whether we''re doing well or badly.

I''ve no idea why it''s happened now.  None at all.  It could have been sorted out months ago behind closed doors.  I''ve no idea why that didn''t happen either.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

7rew I think it''s safe to say that an offer of £20 million for players at any time would have the fans salivating, regardless of whether we''re doing well or badly.

I''ve no idea why it''s happened now.  None at all.  It could have been sorted out months ago behind closed doors.  I''ve no idea why that didn''t happen either.

[/quote]

I meant to add:  there''s no evidence one way or the other as to whether £20 million is all there is.  But if you think we can''t afford to turn it down, consider the alternative . . .

Ok let''s play a let''s pretend game, pretend you own a struggling business, some local lad done good comes and offers you a lifeline, would you turn him away flatly, or would you ring him up and say let''s talk, you have the money, we need the money?  Personally I would ring him up and arrange a meeting, in every situation there is always compromise, everything has a middle ground, the middle ground in this is the love for NCFC that Peter and our board (supposedly have).

So why can''t grown people sit down and discuss ways forward for the good of the club, it''s the very least us fans deserve.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

I meant to add:  there''s no evidence one way or the other as to whether £20 million is all there is.  But if you think we can''t afford to turn it down, consider the alternative . . .

[/quote]

I don''t think that a one off £20 million is too much to turn down and yes, I think we can afford to hold out for more.  I don''t think £20 million would get us to the premiership, but also don''t think we are certainties for relegation without the investment.   Why sell the club to trade 18th for 8th?