Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Tell us whats going on.

Why Doesn''t the Board just come out and make a statement to US, the ''GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD'', you know? the ''TWELVE MAN'' and explain the reason they won''t talk to PC? Call me paranoid [and some will!] but i think its getting harder to move those goal posts, don''t you?

We will only be regarded the best fans in the world,  if we all be quiet and let Delia and the board do what is best for them. As soon as any different view is taken to that of Delia the toys come out! By her own admission she dos not take criticism well, if nothing is resolved by the first home game I fear the greeting that will meet her.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Why Doesn''t the Board just come out and make a statement to US, the ''GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD'', you know? the ''TWELVE MAN'' and explain the reason they won''t talk to PC? Call me paranoid [and some will!] but i think its getting harder to move those goal posts, don''t you?

[/quote]

I agree 100%, I have been saying exactly the same for the last few days!

Mgod has it come to this - I agree.[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

Other

Buggers

Efforts!

[/quote]

Poor, very poor. Use some imagination.

[/quote]

Old, Boring, Egoist.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

Remember Arthur the avatar is there to remind you that you said ''Delia is Magic''.

Obnoxious Binner Enthusiast!

[/quote]

Oh I see how grown up of you zzzzzzzzzzz

I assume any discussions taking place are being conducted on a " need to know " basis if indeed there are any taking place - except what PC has fed the paper and the boards statement as response.

ie. you/we/I  don`t " need to know" as you/ we / I  are not the ones who will be putting money in or taking anything out

...............and the cost of a season ticket and a few pounds spent in the club shop does not make us as important as some of you think individually in a scenario involving millions of squid.

[quote user="McCanary"]

I assume any discussions taking place are being conducted on a " need to know " basis if indeed there are any taking place - except what PC has fed the paper and the boards statement as response.

ie. you/we/I  don`t " need to know" as you/ we / I  are not the ones who will be putting money in or taking anything out

...............and the cost of a season ticket and a few pounds spent in the club shop does not make us as important as some of you think individually in a scenario involving millions of squid.

[/quote]

We''d be important if 6,000 only took up their offer to renew though.....The marketing would be hammering away 24/7 to encourage us purchase.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

We''d be important if 6,000 only took up their offer to renew though.....The marketing would be hammering away 24/7 to encourage us purchase.

[/quote]

But that`s not the case is it?

Hypothetically speaking, if 14000 refused to renew then there would be an issue.....but , obviously, in the real world, 20000 people want to watch NCFC week in and out and are prepared to pay for the privilege regardless of the circumstances around the club. Whether some on here like it or not, that is FACT.

And the tickets were all sold BEFORE any info was spoonfed to the EDP by one Peter Cullum.

Don`t get me wrong, I want to see investment in the club as much as the next person but conducting the business through the press stinks. It has had totally the desired effect of stirring up the fanbase and pressurising those who he should be dealing with........without him having to reveal ALL (or any) of the finer details of any bid which, according to doomcaster in another thread, has not been made or rebuffed.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hypothetically speaking, if 14000 refused to renew then there would be an issue.....but , obviously, in the real world, 20000 people want to watch NCFC week in and out and are prepared to pay for the privilege regardless of the circumstances around the club. Whether some on here like it or not, that is FACT.

And the tickets were all sold BEFORE any info was spoonfed to the EDP by one Peter Cullum.

Don`t get me wrong, I want to see investment in the club as much as the next person but conducting the business through the press stinks. It has had totally the desired effect of stirring up the fanbase and pressurising those who he should be dealing with........without him having to reveal ALL (or any) of the finer details of any bid which, according to doomcaster in another thread, has not been made or rebuffed.

[/quote]

But since when has Doncaster ever been straight with us?

He has never been straight with us, he has a gay eye. The board know they are in for one hell of a rough time if this takeover doesnt happen. Why havent they come out and said something to the fans. Its starting to make me angry now!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But since when has Doncaster ever been straight with us?

[/quote]

Ok lets just assume that Cullum is telling the whole truth then, shall we?

Let`s not forget that all that`s been offered ( alledgedly) is £20m for players and the only reason we know that is because it was reported in the EDP. The info for that interview came solely from PC......selected snippets guaranteed to wind up the fans. Do we know whether he is to be trusted? Or is he trying to get City on the cheap by exerting pressure through the likes of you and me?

Whatever you think of the current incumbents at Carra rud, in this world you don`t get something for nothing, nor should you expect to in the same way that they should be offered the going rate for their share ( Whatever that may be!!!)

The old adage, " don`t believe all you read in the papers "  could well apply here.

Are you from suffolk by any chance Dan as you appear to be rather simple ?Let me explain.To buy the club Cullum has to purchase the shares from Delia/Michael.It is NOT for the board to decide.Cullum knows that. Most others with more than three brain cells know that.Cullum has NOT now, or not before, asked to meet those share holders.Ask yourself why he is dodging out of this VERY, VERY simple proceedure.Perhaps you could hide up around the corner from the sweet shop and tell any other callow youth in earshot how wicked the shopkeeper is because he won''t come out and find you to discuss selling his sweets.

The same way you have been dodging my questions eh Walph? Working till 9.45pm tonight or are you one of those sad people ona computer ona saturday night that you accused me of last week?

I can''t believe that people like McCanary are now turning on Cullum! Its not his fault he had to go to the press to wake this pathetic board up from their slumber. They are the ones who should have told us of this offer - and the reasons for it not being taken up. But then we are only supporters aren''t we - mo more than a p in the wind in your mind.

[quote user="astrodyne"]

I can''t believe that people like McCanary are now turning on Cullum! Its not his fault he had to go to the press to wake this pathetic board up from their slumber. They are the ones who should have told us of this offer - and the reasons for it not being taken up. But then we are only supporters aren''t we - mo more than a p in the wind in your mind.

[/quote]

Firstly let me state that I am not turning on anyone, merely stating the facts as I see them.

As for " it`s not his fault......" no it`s not. I see it as a calculated move by PC to try and move things forward on his terms with the massed ranks of the " hard done by supporters "in tow who know no more about the contact with the club other than what they have read in the EDP from information supplied by him , or gleaned from such sites as this.

I think that you , and several of your fellow posters should try and take off your rose coloured glasses and look a little closer at what has ACTUALLY happened.....which is basically very little. PC offered to put in £20m for players in an informal approach. For that, he wants overall control.

These are the only facts I can ascertain...........everything else is speculation.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="astrodyne"]

[/quote]

Firstly let me state that I am not turning on anyone, merely stating the facts as I see them.

As for " it`s not his fault......" no it`s not. I see it as a calculated move by PC to try and move things forward on his terms with the massed ranks of the " hard done by supporters "in tow who know no more about the contact with the club other than what they have read in the EDP from information supplied by him , or gleaned from such sites as this.

I think that you , and several of your fellow posters should try and take off your rose coloured glasses and look a little closer at what has ACTUALLY happened.....which is basically very little. PC offered to put in £20m for players in an informal approach. For that, he wants overall control.

These are the only facts I can ascertain...........everything else is speculation.

[/quote]

I agree with this line of thought.

The response from the board seemed clear enough to me. Basically it''d take a lot more than 20million for the control that PC is looking for, which makes sense. All he''s said that i''ve read is that he''s wanting to put in 20mil for new players, well yeah great but it isn''t as simple as that is it now?. My personal opinion is that PC seems to be talking the talk and increasing the pressure on the board but i''m not sure how serious he is. Personally i think his timing is pretty bad as we are needing to recruit players and this take-over talk is not doing us any favours in that respect.

By the way, I don''t get why people on this board resort to insulting each other when they read something they don''t agree with. If you don''t like their opinion then point out why you don''t like it and have a discussion about it. It''s not good for everybody else sifting through a load of childish rot trying to actually find something that they want to read. You might not like someone''s opinion but you should respect their right to that opinion, in my opinion (how many times can you use the word opinion in one sentence?!).   

[quote user="Stavros"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="astrodyne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with this line of thought.

The response from the board seemed clear enough to me. Basically it''d take a lot more than 20million for the control that PC is looking for, which makes sense. All he''s said that i''ve read is that he''s wanting to put in 20mil for new players, well yeah great but it isn''t as simple as that is it now?. My personal opinion is that PC seems to be talking the talk and increasing the pressure on the board but i''m not sure how serious he is. Personally i think his timing is pretty bad as we are needing to recruit players and this take-over talk is not doing us any favours in that respect.

By the way, I don''t get why people on this board resort to insulting each other when they read something they don''t agree with. If you don''t like their opinion then point out why you don''t like it and have a discussion about it. It''s not good for everybody else sifting through a load of childish rot trying to actually find something that they want to read. You might not like someone''s opinion but you should respect their right to that opinion, in my opinion (how many times can you use the word opinion in one sentence?!).   

[/quote]

Stavros.....let me hold your rose coloured specs mate!!

At last a poster who is prepared to look a little closer.

We are now in a club of about 5 on here. Your flak jacket and tin hat will be delivered within 48 hours. Sandbags to be collected I`m afraid...........................

My, how the bored must of breathed a sigh of relief when we stayed up. Can you imagine the screams if we had gone down & then it came to light that someone was prepared to put in 20 big ones!

As ever the proof of the pudding…. If Roeder pulls enough rabbits out of the hat & we are up somewhere near the playoffs about Xmas time then all will be well.

However, if we are down the wrong end, then I think there will be protests & the chants of Delia out will ring up & down Carrow (Cullum?) Rd. How long will St Delia last then?

[quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

If you were putting in £20 million wouldn''t you want control over how it was spent? 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

If you were putting in £20 million wouldn''t you want control over how it was spent? 

[/quote]

This isn`t control over how the £20m is spent - it`s OVERALL CONTROL of the Club.

I think Glenn might have something to say about the board telling him who to buy don`t you?

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This isn`t control over how the £20m is spent - it`s OVERALL CONTROL of the Club.

I think Glenn might have something to say about the board telling him who to buy don`t you?

[/quote]

Unless he has overall control (ie. majority shareholding) how can he control how the money is spent?

And I''m not talking about micromanagement such as which players to buy.  I mean making sure it is spent on the playing side and not on other stuff. 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless he has overall control (ie. majority shareholding) how can he control how the money is spent?

And I''m not talking about micromanagement such as which players to buy.  I mean making sure it is spent on the playing side and not on other stuff. 

[/quote]

But he stated that he wanted to put £20mill in for players. So what is he going to buy the shares that he needs for control with? If he uses any of the £20m then there will not be £20m for players, will there?

Are you suggesting that DS and MWJ GIVE their shares to him?

Would you?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How about structuring a loan in such a way that it can be called unless the money is spent in a certain time frame on better calibre players? If he doesn''t like this and his motives are for the long-term health of NCFC and he wants control then he could sweeten the deal in a manner that gives the Board a number closer to what they are seeking ( of course the current debt could be re-negotiated in its own right ). Small change for him with his apparent resources, wouldn''t you say, if his objective is long-term?