Sign in to follow this  
chris_sabian

Transfer targets

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Wigan released him.[/quote]

Not actually true, they haven''t released him, merely made him available on a free transfer.

Would be so great if we signed all of those players, will be very surprised if we do and if we did, I''ll be looking forward to next season!

OTBC

It is an interesting list, perhaps a bit attack-heavy, but I guess that is because we aren''t exactly loaded down with options in that department!  Gibbs (and possibly Bell) apart, it seems that m/f is reasonably set, so it is certainly about time we added some depth to other areas of the pitch. 

If the players mentioned are indeed in GR''s thoughts, imo we should have a pretty decent squad next season.   I am intrgued by this ''best signing since Huckerby'' comment, as that includes players like Ashton/Earnie, so would have to be a pretty decent player...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

It is an interesting list, perhaps a bit attack-heavy, but I guess that is because we aren''t exactly loaded down with options in that department!  Gibbs (and possibly Bell) apart, it seems that m/f is reasonably set, so it is certainly about time we added some depth to other areas of the pitch. 

If the players mentioned are indeed in GR''s thoughts, imo we should have a pretty decent squad next season.   I am intrgued by this ''best signing since Huckerby'' comment, as that includes players like Ashton/Earnie, so would have to be a pretty decent player...

[/quote]Let''s hope the latest "source" is of a much higher quality than all of those we have been told about so far. Hoolahan source "Bullard" has ben only success so far, the rest have been unreliable to say the least.

Very true tribes - you have to give people a chance with any info they have, but my inclination is to hope good news comes off whilst not actually believing it too much! 

The current list does have a ring of truth to it as it seems to include names we''ve previously seen mentioned (and has been well written), but of course that does mean that any one could have concocted it from trawling through this board for a few minutes.  You have to wonder why on earth people would bother making it up, as it does rather suggest having far more time on their hands than anyone should have!

At the end of the day, I guess we''ll all know what''s going on soon enough.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Very true tribes - you have to give people a chance with any info they have, but my inclination is to hope good news comes off whilst not actually believing it too much! 

The current list does have a ring of truth to it as it seems to include names we''ve previously seen mentioned (and has been well written), but of course that does mean that any one could have concocted it from trawling through this board for a few minutes.  You have to wonder why on earth people would bother making it up, as it does rather suggest having far more time on their hands than anyone should have!

At the end of the day, I guess we''ll all know what''s going on soon enough.

[/quote]Very true we''ll soon know and there has to be at least 7 more signings/loans. GNG went to lots of trouble and still does, he must really enjoy it. Takes all sorts I suppose.

[quote user="Casper"]I think it is harsh to blame Pearce and Gibbs for the ''Spring Free Fall'', what were the other elements?[/quote]The other 9 players![:P]

Just imagine if we signed Rigters, Sibierski and Evans (loan), with Jamie as the other option, that would be a potent list to choose our front line from. Im more worried about CB tbh, as there doesnt seem to be a lot of possible CB signings being banded about.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]Just imagine if we signed Rigters, Sibierski and Evans (loan), with Jamie as the other option, that would be a potent list to choose our front line from. Im more worried about CB tbh, as there doesnt seem to be a lot of possible CB signings being banded about.[/quote]riggers £1.5m???sibs free - but same as above in wagesEvans -£0.5m season long signing fee.thats £3-4m without any centre backs???either roedy is ''happy with his £5-7m budget'' or instead he''s wheeling and dealing with a £3m budget are many of these targets are BS??? 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]Just imagine if we signed Rigters, Sibierski and Evans (loan), with Jamie as the other option, that would be a potent list to choose our front line from. Im more worried about CB tbh, as there doesnt seem to be a lot of possible CB signings being banded about.[/quote]riggers £1.5m???sibs free - but same as above in wagesEvans -£0.5m season long signing fee.thats £3-4m without any centre backs???either roedy is ''happy with his £5-7m budget'' or instead he''s wheeling and dealing with a £3m budget are many of these targets are BS??? 

[/quote]Rigters was linked with a £350k-£500k move earlier in the summer, doubt he''ll suddenly cost triple that...

[quote user="chris_sabian"]

• Rigters very close to signing on a permanent or loan with a view to permanent.

• Evans 50 - 50 to sign on loan. He wants to come back (and just to add myself, if the Cullum takeover does happen, I would assume he would be the first permanent on Roeder''s mind)

• Gibbs on loan again is almost definite, although that''s pretty obvious from what Roeder said this week.

• Pearce will be back on loan again, but only if we miss out on another unnamed centre half. Shackell will only be sold if 2 permanent centre halfs are brought in at a minimum.

• Sibierski working on fitness, then will sign on a free. There''s been a verbal agreement between him and Roeder.

• There is also interest in 2 other strikers, 1 an unnamed premiership player, the other Nathan Tyson. However, Tyson will only sign if either the Rigters or Sibierski deal falls through, as the premiership striker is more in the mold of a big target man.

• Bell is still a possibility.

• One other player he absolutely refused to name, but said we would be delighted with and would be the best signing since Huckerby.

[/quote]

I''d be very happy with all of these signings, I''m impressed with the class of the names we are being linked with. I had my worries after Roeder''s dramatic cull (probably necessary) but the I have not been disappointed with the names linked to build back up the numbers - "signings for signings sake", although always condemned publicly in practice it does happen. But then again none of these signed yet and we remain desperately short of numbers! we shall see in the coming weeks ... 

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]Just imagine if we signed Rigters, Sibierski and Evans (loan), with Jamie as the other option, that would be a potent list to choose our front line from. Im more worried about CB tbh, as there doesnt seem to be a lot of possible CB signings being banded about.[/quote]riggers £1.5m???sibs free - but same as above in wagesEvans -£0.5m season long signing fee.thats £3-4m without any centre backs???either roedy is ''happy with his £5-7m budget'' or instead he''s wheeling and dealing with a £3m budget are many of these targets are BS??? 

[/quote]Rigters was linked with a £350k-£500k move earlier in the summer, doubt he''ll suddenly cost triple that...[/quote]i didn''t see any figures quoted sfet - but i''d rather give man city a £750k loan fee for chedders than muck around with an unproven riggers, based upon my very first impressions of the player.,/- if i wrong about riggers valuation, then fairenoughski - but i''d be interested to see how much blackburn value riggers as part of their assets if they sell the club?<>  but even if you''re right - my guess is that list of players is well outa out reach financially, unless you know any different???

I don''t know too much about loan fees as they''re obviously not quite as publicised as transfer fees. Are these figures of £500/750K realistic?

Quite a few championship managers had a moan last season over the inflated loan fees being demanded, I remember Roeder commenting on the loan move of Ameobi to Stoke and the fee being very large and unrealistic for us. I think it was revealed as being "six-figure" and only for a month or two.

Man City have lots of money but this doesnt always equate to lower loan fees especially if, in the case of Ched, they see him as promising. I remember Paul Jewell at Derby moaning about theyre lack of help with Danny Mill''s wages after he was ruled out for the season shortly after he arrived at Pride Park. He had expected them to go 50:50 for the rest of the season which he would be out for, although not in a contract it is apparently the norm - they may not be that reasonable!

[quote user="the futures roedy"]

I don''t know too much about loan fees as they''re obviously not quite as publicised as transfer fees. Are these figures of £500/750K realistic?

Quite a few championship managers had a moan last season over the inflated loan fees being demanded, I remember Roeder commenting on the loan move of Ameobi to Stoke and the fee being very large and unrealistic for us. I think it was revealed as being "six-figure" and only for a month or two.

Man City have lots of money but this doesnt always equate to lower loan fees especially if, in the case of Ched, they see him as promising. I remember Paul Jewell at Derby moaning about theyre lack of help with Danny Mill''s wages after he was ruled out for the season shortly after he arrived at Pride Park. He had expected them to go 50:50 for the rest of the season which he would be out for, although not in a contract it is apparently the norm - they may not be that reasonable!

[/quote]last season, i believe granty was bemoaning the large loan fees being demanded by prem clubs - £400K i think he said...aplogies if i''m wrong...but assuming i''m not, with transfer inflation, £500k would be a fair estimate???  chedders would''ve been cheaper last year as a newbie - but his valuation must be £4-5m now - so £500k would be a decent guess to loan the boy out for a year?<>why do you think we got 4 green young boys in the jan window, rather than more experienced players???  cheap loan fees is the answer...

Not sure how true this is, but I''ve heard the reason we''re delaying on the Gow move is because Roeder wanted him as a replacement for first choice Rigters. However, Rigters initially turned down a contract offer, and Roeder went for Gow. Rigters, however, has had a rethink and now wants to sign for us. Anyway, that''s what I''ve heard.

Yeh, young loans are a far cheaper option - both cheaper wages to cover and the loan fees themselves. I''d imagine Ched''s loan fee would have been next to nothing last year but the figure you state seems about right - I''d hope we wouldn''t pay above that.

I''m a little confused in the case of the parent club retaining the option to recall the player, perhaps we''d just cover the wages in such a case (as in Henry).

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Not sure how true this is, but I''ve heard the reason we''re delaying on the Gow move is because Roeder wanted him as a replacement for first choice Rigters. However, Rigters initially turned down a contract offer, and Roeder went for Gow. Rigters, however, has had a rethink and now wants to sign for us.

Anyway, that''s what I''ve heard.
[/quote]

Could well be something in this, as they are both very simular. (Right attacking midfielder/ Forwards.)