Sign in to follow this  
chris_sabian

Transfer targets

Before I start, bear with me as a first time poster. I''ve been browsing

these forums for ages now without registering, so I know the suspicion

that will arise with someone''s first post being about potential

transfers. But trust me, I wouldn''t be so trivial as to make this up.

I have reason to believe my source is reliable. What he says is:

• Rigters very close to signing on a permanent or loan with a view to permanent.
  • Evans 50 - 50 to sign on loan. He wants to come back (and just to add

myself, if the Cullum takeover does happen, I would assume he would be

the first permanent on Roeder''s mind)
  • Gibbs on loan again is almost definite, although that''s pretty obvious from what Roeder said this week.
  • Pearce will be back on loan again, but only if we miss out on another unnamed centre half. Shackell will only be sold if 2 permanent centre halfs are brought in at a minimum.
  • Sibierski working on fitness, then will sign on a free. There''s been a verbal agreement between him and Roeder.
  • There is also interest in 2 other strikers, 1 an unnamed premiership player, the other Nathan Tyson. However, Tyson will only sign if either the Rigters or Sibierski deal falls through, as the premiership striker is more in the mold of a big target man.
  • Bell is still a possibility.
  • One other player he absolutely refused to name, but said we would be delighted with and would be the best signing since Huckerby.
So there you go, flame away if you want, but he seemed to have a very in depth and precise knowledge as you can probably see. And I for one bloody hope he''s right!ps. Since this is my first post after being an observer for so long, could I just say, 1st Wizard, you could be the most irritating person on the internet. Ok, you have your own (warped) view of the club, that''s fair enough. But whenever people question it, you simply ignore them, coming out with another meaningless comment. Basically, you can''t justify your view, so you just avoid the questions with further attacks on the club and other members. And also, a ''!'' or ''?'' are used INSTEAD of a full stop, not with one!Rant over.

[quote user="chris_sabian"]Before I start, bear with me as a first time poster. I''ve been browsing

these forums for ages now without registering, so I know the suspicion

that will arise with someone''s first post being about potential

transfers. But trust me, I wouldn''t be so trivial as to make this up.

• Rigters very close to signing on a permanent or loan with a view to permanent.
  • Evans 50 - 50 to sign on loan. He wants to come back (and just to add

myself, if the Cullum takeover does happen, I would assume he would be

the first permanent on Roeder''s mind)
  • Gibbs on loan again is almost definite, although that''s pretty obvious from what Roeder said this week.
  • Pearce will be back on loan again, but only if we miss out on another unnamed centre half. Shackell will only be sold if 2 permanent centre halfs are brought in at a minimum.
  • Sibierski working on fitness, then will sign on a free. There''s been a verbal agreement between him and Roeder.
  • There is also interest in 2 other strikers, 1 an unnamed premiership player, the other Nathan Tyson. However, Tyson will only sign if either the Rigters or Sibierski deal falls through, as the premiership striker is more in the mold of a big target man.
  • One other player he absolutely refused to name, but said we would be delighted with and would be the best signing since Huckerby.
So there you go, flame away if you want, but he seemed to have a very in depth and precise knowledge as you can probably see. And I for one bloody hope he''s right!ps. Since this is my first post after being an observer for so long, could I just say, 1st Wizard, you could be the most irritating person on the internet. Ok, you have your own (warped) view of the club, that''s fair enough. But whenever people question it, you simply ignore them, coming out with another meaningless comment. Basically, you can''t justify your view, so you just avoid the questions with further attacks on the club and other members. And also, a ''!'' or ''?'' are used INSTEAD of a full stop, not with one!Rant over.[/quote]Nothing about Gow in there... I assume that one must have died a death. Would have thought that either Bell or Gibbs would be enough, not both (We''ve got a Worthy-esque "wealth of midfielders" already.)I can believe that Evans would like to come back on loan, but only if he''s been told that he won''t get a chance at Man City next season. Bertrand is back though (who he seemed to be quite chummy with) so that might help.Rigters is realistic if we can meet his wage demands (supposedly £20k a week for B''burn!). Personally I think he would be a force to be reckoned with at this level.Pearce seems unlikely, would have thought Reading would want to keep hold of him rather than loan him to a competitor. But as you say, we''re looking at other centre backs...Sibierski has been linked previously, and would add some much needed experience to the squad. Would be a good signing if he can get his fitness up to scratch (surprised he hasn''t been doing that with us at Colney under Alan Pearson''s supervision though!)Could the unnamed Centre Half be Nikolce Noveski?

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]

All of the rest Id say are realistic and possible, apart from Pearce, he''l stay at Reading because of their relegation im afraid.

[/quote]Yep, Roeder all but ruled Pearce out from a return in his press conference-gathering-briefing-thing yesterday.

I would love to see sibierski and rigters up front and with ched coming back on loan. That would be a potent strike force in this division. We have more midfielders than scum have got fans, so that part of the field is sorted in my opinion. We need 2 good central defenders ( with 1 of them also versatile to play at right back as well ).     On the ball city.....................

I thought Sibierski was in the middle of a 2 year deal at Wigan (so a free signing seems unlikely), unless I''ve missed something?

All sounds delightfully positive and, as other posters have said, realistic - all players who would consider City, especially those who have been with us on loan. It seems that once a player can be convinced to enter Norfolk and see the facilities and fan base, they are genuinely quite impressed.

Fingers crossed

Well thanks for not biting my head off, and please understand, if the

majority of these don''t happen (and i''m confident the majority will) I

apologise for getting your hopes up, but I will be just as disappointed.Nothing was said about Gow, but to be honest I think we''re still in the running, simply because Roeder hasn''t actually come out and said that Gow rejected the offer after his 48hrs.

[quote user="chris_sabian"]Well thanks for not biting my head off, and please understand, if the majority of these don''t happen (and i''m confident the majority will) I apologise for getting your hopes up, but I will be just as disappointed.
Nothing was said about Gow, but to be honest I think we''re still in the running, simply because Roeder hasn''t actually come out and said that Gow rejected the offer after his 48hrs.
[/quote]

Well you seem genuine...

Im gonna give you a chance [:)]

I see he did get Pearce wrong if Roeder ruled him out already, but maybe that was a guess at another centre back coming in on loan. I''m confident it''s not a sign that the others are made up rumours.

[quote user="chris_sabian"]Before I start, bear with me as a first time poster. I''ve been browsing these forums for ages now without registering, so I know the suspicion that will arise with someone''s first post being about potential transfers. But trust me, I wouldn''t be so trivial as to make this up.

• Evans 50 - 50 to sign on loan. He wants to come back (and just to add myself, if the Cullum takeover does happen, I would assume he would be the first permanent on Roeder''s mind)

So there you go, flame away if you want, but he seemed to have a very in depth and precise knowledge as you can probably see. And I for one bloody hope he''s right!

ps. Since this is my first post after being an observer for so long, could I just say, 1st Wizard, you could be the most irritating person on the internet. Ok, you have your own (warped) view of the club, that''s fair enough. But whenever people question it, you simply ignore them, coming out with another meaningless comment. Basically, you can''t justify your view, so you just avoid the questions with further attacks on the club and other members. And also, a ''!'' or ''?'' are used INSTEAD of a full stop, not with one!
Rant over.

[/quote]This source must be pretty close to Roeder then. He knows about verbal agreement. The detail you give almost makes him his right hand man.

Hi Chris welcome to the Forum, Some good points in your post - intelligently layed out.

I had a rant the other day about personal attacks on people on this forum ( Noone really bothered to back me up or shoot me down lol- bit clichey on here )

keep posting and dont worry what anyone thinks.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="chris_sabian"]Before I start, bear with me as a first time poster. I''ve been browsing these forums for ages now without registering, so I know the suspicion that will arise with someone''s first post being about potential transfers. But trust me, I wouldn''t be so trivial as to make this up. I have reason to believe my source is reliable. What he says is:

• Evans 50 - 50 to sign on loan. He wants to come back (and just to add myself, if the Cullum takeover does happen, I would assume he would be the first permanent on Roeder''s mind)

So there you go, flame away if you want, but he seemed to have a very in depth and precise knowledge as you can probably see. And I for one bloody hope he''s right!ps. Since this is my first post after being an observer for so long, could I just say, 1st Wizard, you could be the most irritating person on the internet. Ok, you have your own (warped) view of the club, that''s fair enough. But whenever people question it, you simply ignore them, coming out with another meaningless comment. Basically, you can''t justify your view, so you just avoid the questions with further attacks on the club and other members. And also, a ''!'' or ''?'' are used INSTEAD of a full stop, not with one!Rant over.[/quote]This source must be pretty close to Roeder then. He knows about verbal agreement. The detail you give almost makes him his right hand man.[/quote]Ha, I wouldn''t go that far. He has no connection to the club whatsoever, nevertheless he should be reliable.

Rigters and Sibierski would be a match for any defence in the league, so lets hope that happens.  Bell is a strange one, lots of clubs have been touted as being interested but nothing seems to have happened, maybe waiting for the ''big move''.  I would be happy with Gibbs, I thought he showed potential, but lacked strength, so hopefully another year will see him improve.  Evans speaks for himself. 

What gives you credibility Chris is that you have not told us what time and where they will be signing!!!  Let us know anymore information when you get it...

pearce and gibbs??? part of the reason we free-falled early last spring...riggers - unconvinced he could fit into champs footy.sibbski - the later could do a job, wages a stumbling block, knows whats expected in english footy and i''d welcome the boy herebell - nah.tyson - don''t score enough for me, for someone who''s quick...wud prefer the leeds brickouthouse.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]pearce and gibbs??? part of the reason we free-falled early last spring...riggers - unconvinced he could fit into champs footy.sibbski - the later could do a job, wages a stumbling block, knows whats expected in english footy and i''d welcome the boy herebell - nah.tyson - don''t score enough for me, for someone who''s quick...wud prefer the leeds brickouthouse.

[/quote]What a wonderfully positive outlook...

thats given me a glimmer of hope for the week ahead............I must admit that its hard seeing no news of potential signings and as a sceptic you sometimes wonder what the hell Roeder is doing, but as your posts illustrates theres probably a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes. It has to be difficult to sign players in this day and age what with agents and all...........I''d be quite happy with any of those guys.As a footnote, I would like to see Evans on a seasons loan rather than a half........I can imagine if hes playing well and we are challenging for promotion other clubs will be alerted and we would risk losing him in January - that would suck.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]pearce and gibbs??? part of the reason we free-falled early last spring...riggers - unconvinced he could fit into champs footy.sibbski - the later could do a job, wages a stumbling block, knows whats expected in english footy and i''d welcome the boy herebell - nah.tyson - don''t score enough for me, for someone who''s quick...wud prefer the leeds brickouthouse.

[/quote]What a wonderfully positive outlook...[/quote]we should all want the best for NCFC, if you think the above list will get us challenging at the top half of the table then great, i don''t...next???

I think it is harsh to blame Pearce and Gibbs for the ''Spring Free Fall'', what were the other elements?