Sign in to follow this  
Bicester Canary

Re: Where are Norwich going to finish this season?

Top of course! - With or without Cullum. I am half serious too; I think Roeder could really come good this year. I really think he has what it takes. A TEAM is what is needed - not a collection of overpriced individuals - & I think that is what he is trying to build. A big budget helps, but the calibre of manager is all important, Plus some luck.But then, I''m an optimist.We''ll know next May.

Depends when we/if we get Cullum in.

If Delia drags it out for too long then we are in for one hell of a relegation battle which could make last season look like a picnic.

If GR has some real money, say up to £5 m, then in the top six, otherwise 10th.There will be too many other teams, relegated and other, - QPR, Barnsley?, etc, who have been spending and will spend, which means that the top six will be very competitive this season. At the moment we are well short of being competitive, but if we managed to bolster the defence and find a good striker....

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]With Cullum - 5thWith Delia 16th[/quote]the squad is roughly comparable to last seasons (minus chedders and taylor) so far. depends who else gets here, but without some genuine prem/champs inbetweenies, i think mid-table would be reasonable - given consolidation would be the aim in the first year of roedys 3 year plan...as per norm now, our first target this year is to avoid relegation, then push on from there...onwards and upwards - yeah right - OTBC 

bottom half again the way things are going with new players coming in maybe evn bottom three, then watch the value of the club plummet.

At the moment, if we sign no more players, I''m going for bottom half. If we sign a serious target man and prolific goalscorer - Playoffs.

Bottom 8 our squad is one of the poorest in this division add that to Roeders 2nd season record and it could all get very worrying , never mind if we are bottom at xmas maybe a rich billionaire might offer to pump £20 million in ,then again maybe will have burnt those bridges by then .

If all these rumours about all these good players come good then i cant see no reason why we cant finish in the top 6. You dont have to be a great team in this division, you just need to be consistent. We went 13 games unbeaten last year and i believe we will have a better squad than last year so no reason why we cant be up the top.

Top 10 for sure - if we get someone like Evans on another loan or even permanent, another another solid striker, top 6 is possible.

If we can get off to a good start then who knows, I know there are a few exceptions, but I strongly believe that if we have a good first 10 games we will have every chance of being top 6 come May.  If by October we are up there then the atmosphere at Norwich is going to be excellent, the belief will be there, players will be confident blah blah blah.  I really hope we get off to a win against Coventry and we can all share in the delight, rather than talking about Cullem, Delia & Doncaster.

If roeder would of been here at the start of last season ( by a points ratio ) we would of finished in the top six. When he took over we had only got 8 points from 13 games.