Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Fao TIL1010.

In a posting on here the other day you said that you came away from the meeting with the club believing that the door remained open on both sides to allow Mr Cullum to get involved in the club but all press reports indicate they haven''t even met to discuss the issue.

Why do you think the club isn''t bending over backwards to try and strike some sort of a deal with Cullum? It''s a sure bet we''ll never have 20 million to spend on players with the current board in charge. Do you think there is anyone else in the background who has made an offer and that is why Delia doesn''t seem interested? Why are the fans being kept in the dark over this, surely we have a right to know the full story? The silence from the club over this is deafening. And finally as a voice of the fans are NCISA in regular contact with the club in an effort to try and move things on and get the matter resolved one way or the other?

Sorry about all the questions but like most fans I would like to know a bit more about what is going on and the club don''t seem to be saying much.

I think that the article by Adam AIKEN in the paper today sums it up very well how all fans of NCFC feel at this moment in time and gives a good take on the general perception out here on the street.

The world of finance that the TURNERS and CULLUMS deal with on a day to day basis is in a different galaxy to what the vast majority of us mere mortals comprehend or understand and i say that with the greatest of respect to anyone who reads this post.

The statement of Barry SKIPPER in my opinion fuelled the flames even more but you must wonder what if anything he would have said if he was still inside the boardroom.

NCISA are flattered that some people think we can influence or progress this situation but hey let''s be realistic.

The other evening i listened to Neil DONCASTER and Andrew TURNER face to face and yes of course John TILSON has his take on what was said but not having spoken to Peter CULLUM all i know from that side of the fence is what has been published in the local press so it makes a judgement bloody difficult to say the least.

The current regime at the club have done wonders in the main over the years but of course there have been serious errors of judgement along the way.The question is are they right in this particular matter or is it an error of judgement.

The destiny of our club for the next decade at least has got to be decided and resolved very very quickly or damage will be beyond repair in my opinion.Will it be DONCASTER and Co. who cause that damage or will it be the way that Peter CULLUM has gone about things.I do not know.

The sad thing about this unsavoury tale is that with the 2008-2009 season just around the corner football at Carrow Road has fallen off the radar.

I do not have the answers,NCISA does not have the answers,The SCG does not have the answers and certainly not individuals on this messageboard.

One thing we can all agree on is that if Peter CULLUM walks away will any of us still be around when someone more suitable than him knock at the door of the boardroom? No of course not.

A cracking post Mr Tilson - very enlightening, and sums up the situation in a nutshell I feel. However, I have my fears that this is all going to get very, very messy.

In you opinion do you think Delia actually ants to sell the club or is she trying to price Cullum out of a takeover, if she is then it''s a very dangerous game she''s playing and if we start badly it could well be a throwback to the Chase days which none of us want.

And there kdncfc lays what will eventually decide this saga. If the season gets off to a poor start and the team start on a poor run Delia will infact become a hate figure and possibly be hounded out ungracefully with the worlds media watching because of who she is.

Does she want her luvvy NCFC image to be tainted in this way? I think not.

[quote user="kdncfc"]In you opinion do you think Delia actually ants to sell the club or is she trying to price Cullum out of a takeover, if she is then it''s a very dangerous game she''s playing and if we start badly it could well be a throwback to the Chase days which none of us want.[/quote]John, in my opinion, if Cullum is serious about taking the club over (which I believe he is) surely he should have approached D&M with an offer to buy their shares instead of going through the press the way he did. If he succeeded in taking control, then went to the press with his plans for investment in the club there cold be no question marks concerning his ambition. However, by dangling the carrot of £20m investment in the team he has succeeded in casting Delia as the wicked witch and as others have said elsewhere, she doesn''t deserve that.

Of course, we all want to see investment and Cullum is the obvious choice but I think he''s pulled a dirty stroke and it''s quite plain that he wants in on the cheap. Cullum in? Yes. But for D&M to leave with their money and pride intact please.

The way things are looking at the moment it looks like due to the usual lack of funds we are going to struggle to get the players that we need. A couple of weeks ago Roeder was claiming that he hadn''t missed out on a single player he wanted to bring to the club, I noticed he wasn''t being so bullish in his interview yesterday. We need investment and we need it fast, without it we are more likely to end in League 1 than the prem and even though I think Delia and co have done all they can it would be sad to see them subject to the kind of abuse Chase recieved.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]In you opinion do you think Delia actually ants to sell the club or is she trying to price Cullum out of a takeover, if she is then it''s a very dangerous game she''s playing and if we start badly it could well be a throwback to the Chase days which none of us want.[/quote]John, in my opinion, if Cullum is serious about taking the club over (which I believe he is) surely he should have approached D&M with an offer to buy their shares instead of going through the press the way he did. If he succeeded in taking control, then went to the press with his plans for investment in the club there cold be no question marks concerning his ambition. However, by dangling the carrot of £20m investment in the team he has succeeded in casting Delia as the wicked witch and as others have said elsewhere, she doesn''t deserve that.

Of course, we all want to see investment and Cullum is the obvious choice but I think he''s pulled a dirty stroke and it''s quite plain that he wants in on the cheap. Cullum in? Yes. But for D&M to leave with their money and pride intact please.

[/quote]

Didn''t he go to the press because he wasn''t getting any response from the club and fans kept speculating about him investing?

I think the main problem is too many individuals at Carrow Road with vested interests in maintaining the status quo.  For some of those in the present hierarchy on comfortable salaries I suspect it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

[quote user="The Anonymous One"]I think the main problem is too many individuals at Carrow Road with vested interests in maintaining the status quo.  For some of those in the present hierarchy on comfortable salaries I suspect it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.[/quote]

I think these individual Turkeys at Carra........are maybe in for a good stuffing. "PAXO''S HERE! Now c''mon you lot, pants down, skirts up - it''s time to touch your toes.....[:P]

Delia needs to tell us what is going on herself and not after a couple of glasses of vino collapso either.

DONCASTER can say what he likes,MUNBY can do his usual talk for ten minutes and tell you nothing but at the end of the day Delia without the tears and tantrums will be the one on who''s every word we will hang our hat on.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Delia needs to tell us what is going on herself and not after a couple of glasses of vino collapso either.

DONCASTER can say what he likes,MUNBY can do his usual talk for ten minutes and tell you nothing but at the end of the day Delia without the tears and tantrums will be the one on who''s every word we will hang our hat on.

[/quote]

I think that is exactly right and i think that its about time she did, they have had a week to respond to this now and the silence is what is causing the huge ammount of frustration that is being felt by the fans. I also think that the lack of investment on players at the moment is also causing alot of unrest. From GR telling us the players would be arriving in the next 3 or 4 weeks he is now saying nothing other than it is being worked on. It is like last year being repeated and hope we are not going to see the last minute no hope signings that will cause us the same situation as with Grant. I do think that GR is better at assessing players and the clubs needs than him but has he the money to work with without the Cullum money!!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

My simplistic take on all of this is that Cullum wants to make £20M available for the Club to invest in players, whilst the only offical response we''ve had from the Club is that, in order to do so, PC would have to come up with circa £56M in order to buy out all existing shareholders and pay off all bank loans and shareholder loans.

What''s missing is whether this impasse has been reached because D&M will only listen to an offer which takes out all their shares so they bale out completely. Why they can''t answer this simple question, I don''t really know.

This also begs a further question. Do we really want to go from one ownership that owns 61% of the share captial to another, simply because the new potential owner has a higher net worth than the existing owners?

Personally, I think not and I''d much rather that the likes of NCISA and the SCG were pressing for an increase in the Authorised Share Capital to allow PC to acquire new shares and inject new captial in to the Club.   

GazzaTCC

You are bang on however it seems most "fans"  expect PC to buy the entire club and anyone who thinks he should be able to invest in the club without having to buy the entire thing are simple people!  If PC walks away it begs the question are NCFC fans really happy with the current squad?

[quote user="milan marcus"]

GazzaTCC

You are bang on however it seems most "fans"  expect PC to buy the entire club and anyone who thinks he should be able to invest in the club without having to buy the entire thing are simple people!  If PC walks away it begs the question are NCFC fans really happy with the current squad?

[/quote]

Do most fans really expect PC to buy the entire Club? I certainly don''t.

I''d much rather work towards a scenario where Cullum may be the largest shareholder, but with no more than 30% of the total shareholding in order to avoid the complications pointed out by the Club, should he, or anyone else for that matter, want to inject £20M to buy players.

It''s Sunday afternoon (and I''ve had too many G & T''s to do the maths properly) but there must be a compromise out there somewhere and D&M should be pressed to make their position clear regarding selling up some or part of their shares. 

this is how i think the dealings have gone at carrow road.

ring ring hello mr doncaster here

hello neil its peter

peter peter who

you know neil mr 1.7 billon cullum can i talk to you and delia

hold on peter ill see if i can put you on here office line

ring ring delia we have that peter chap on the blower again he wants to talk to us

neil tell him im not in

i have just told him ill put you on to talk

neil i dont want to you sort it out

ok delia

burrrrrrrrrrrrr

hello hello bloddy people they just hung up on me again

this is my fantacy world i think its how the club can say they had no offer cos they wont give him the time of day i may be wrong

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Good grief,I get in trouble for using italics!

[/quote]

John - Would you care to respond to my comments re your previous comments?

Not sure which particular comments you mean GAZZATCC.Sorry it has been an eventful last couple of days on this messageboard and whatever you mean is "off radar" at this time so please save me a bit of time looking back.Cheers.