[quote user="can u sit down please"]The "irreplaceable" [;)] Youssef Safri has left the Saints to join Qatar Sports Club.[/quote]

sounds like a good payday for the fella, plus no problems training/fasting over ramadan.

I still feel he is missed, no one here at the moment can thread a pass through like he did, shame he left the way he did though...

Without a doubt he is missed, we still haven''t replaced Safri and Etuhu with people of as good quality.

Oh stop it. We all know he COULD do all these things, he just didn''t bother to do them often enough. Maybe he''ll find what he''s after in Qatar. Which is probably big money for minimum effort.

[quote user="King Beef"]

I still feel he is missed, no one here at the moment can thread a pass through like he did, shame he left the way he did though...

[/quote]

On his good days we miss him, but he was inconsistent.  It has been a long while and time to stop dwelling on the past - you might as well say we havent had anyone since who could pick a pass as well as Crooky or Martin Peters (both of whom made Safri look at total journeyman)!

Safri''s problem was that he gave away far too many free kicks around the penalty area which we then struggled to defend, he wasn''t the only one but he seemed to be the most frequent. I also think his attitude was questionable with the team photo incident and from that moment on there was no way back.

I think it was a smart piece of business getting rid, I feel both him an Etuhu are good players but they are inconsistent. I lost count of how many times people said Etuhu had potential, for a short while at the end of the season with us he played well but nowhere near enough.

how do you know we aint replaced him? this year we have both clingan and hooly coming in, both are technically superb.as far as safri goes, that goal against newcastle will always live long in the memory, but his attitude sucked. guess southampton also realised too much money not enough effort

[quote user="National express super guard"]how do you know we aint replaced him? this year we have both clingan and hooly coming in, both are technically superb.as far as safri goes, that goal against newcastle will always live long in the memory, but his attitude sucked. guess southampton also realised too much money not enough effort[/quote]I too remember the goal against the Toon......I nearly strangled the bloke next to me and fell over into the row in front.......oh happy days, good luck to him