Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

cullum and his 20 mil are already in the system

It depends what you think "in the system" means.

I think it means that the idea of a £20 million cash injection is in the fans'' system, not that a deal has already been done on the quiet and the money is available for players (if that''s what you are implying). 

RW is saying nothing more than many of the posters on here, ie. that the board are beyond the point of no return because if they let the deal go down the fans won''t let them forget it.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

I think it means that the idea of a £20 million cash injection is in the fans'' system, not that a deal has already been done on the quiet and the money is available for players (if that''s what you are implying). 

RW is saying nothing more than many of the posters on here, ie. that the board are beyond the point of no return because if they let the deal go down the fans won''t let them forget it.

[/quote]from the artical.....Talk to one or two in the know, and the perception of City''s finances has already changed - people already believe the deal is done, the money''s banked; that Norwich can now expect to pay Cullum-esque prices. One, long-standing summer target went up in price by 50% on the back of a few pars in a national newspaper.

You see, I think that means they think the deal is as good as done because the board are beyond the point of no return as stated above.  It doesn''t mean it''s actually done, it means he thinks it''s only a matter of time. 

He says this is the "perception" of City''s finances ie. although the deal hasn''t been completed yet, it''s as near certain as can be so they''re starting to think ahead.

Hope he''s right!

Half decent quite well written colour piece.  If Mr W had even a decent steer that the deal was almost done  he''d have splashed on it and flogged it to The Telegraph as well.

I''m sorry I really see no signs that his money is already in the club, I won''t state again what few players we have because we all know that.  If he had money in the club I would think we would see at least 1 x Â£1mill player if not more.

[quote user="camuldonum"]Half decent quite well written colour piece.  If Mr W had even a decent steer that the deal was almost done  he''d have splashed on it and flogged it to The Telegraph as well.[/quote]Have to say that, compared to EDP/Pink''un, this is deathless prose!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I''m sorry I really see no signs that his money is already in the club, I won''t state again what few players we have because we all know that.  If he had money in the club I would think we would see at least 1 x Â£1mill player if not more.[/quote]we can only hopr those sort of players are comin in the next week or so

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="camuldonum"]Half decent quite well written colour piece.  If Mr W had even a decent steer that the deal was almost done  he''d have splashed on it and flogged it to The Telegraph as well.[/quote]

Have to say that, compared to EDP/Pink''un, this is deathless prose!
[/quote]

Absolutely agree.  Whether people like it or not it''s much better written than the EDP.  They struggle a bit on the Colchester site because bugger all happens at Colchester but it''s a very good idea.  He''s trying to franchise it out across the country and I hope it''s successful for him.  It''s a lot better than most local equivalents although the Express & Star at Wolverhampton are pretty sharp on their local clubs.  One of the last great regional papers that hasn''t been rogered out of sight by corporate acquisition - still family owned.

He writes well, makes some good points and it''s a good read.  According to some on here he''s a car sharing mate of Mr Doncaster (I hope, in the name of prudence, they take it in turns to buy the petrol for the away trips and it''s not just left for City to pick up the bill) but for anyone to conclude it''s in the bag cuts entirely across everything Mr D is saying on and off the record at the moment (or last week, anyway).

There is no doubt that Agent''s eyes have lit up as I have posted previously.  Not the best timing. Let''s hope it all works out well in the end.

It is treu, but not in the way you seem to be implying.  Waggers is saying that now Cullum has broken cover he has to put up or back down quickly as it is already damaging the club internally, with the fans and importantly, in the transfer market.Peter Cullum - get on with it please, you are doing more harm than good leaving things hanging at a crucial time for the team and club.[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3660

an interesting read......how true????????

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]It is treu, but not in the way you seem to be implying.  Waggers is saying that now Cullum has broken cover he has to put up or back down quickly as it is already damaging the club internally, with the fans and importantly, in the transfer market.

Peter Cullum - get on with it please, you are doing more harm than good leaving things hanging at a crucial time for the team and club.

[/quote]

As posted elsewhere I don''t think we should assume that because it''s all gone quiet, nothing is happening behind the scenes.  On the contrary, more posturing in the press from either side could be a bad sign as it would tend to suggest that negotiations had reached an impasse. 

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]from the artical.....Talk to one or two in the know, and the perception of City''s finances has already changed - people already believe the deal is done, the money''s banked; that Norwich can now expect to pay Cullum-esque prices. One, long-standing summer target went up in price by 50% on the back of a few pars in a national newspaper.[/quote]

Sorry but i think he`s simply implying that to the rest of football the perception of City`s finances has changed.  Other clubs think the deal is as good as done so are hiking prices.  Of course this just serves to increase the pressure on Delia even more, not nice, but then this could well be the only way she will relinquish control.

I don''t think the deal is done either. However, another possibility... The deal IS done, but going public now would raise the price of all players that Glenn has on his list. Do the deals between now and 31 August and then say where the money came from! 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]from the artical.....Talk to one or two in the know, and the perception of City''s finances has already changed - people already believe the deal is done, the money''s banked; that Norwich can now expect to pay Cullum-esque prices. One, long-standing summer target went up in price by 50% on the back of a few pars in a national newspaper.[/quote]

Sorry but i think he`s simply implying that to the rest of football the perception of City`s finances has changed.  Other clubs think the deal is as good as done so are hiking prices.  Of course this just serves to increase the pressure on Delia even more, not nice, but then this could well be the only way she will relinquish control.

[/quote]

Mr. Carrow, are you ever able to join in a conversation about NCFC without almost always falling back on your obsession with "Delia must give up control" stance. Waghorn''s article does a fine job of providing examples of how numbers thrown around in the media can be harmful to a football club. Just for one minute, one post, one thread, see if you can think of that as a principle and then forget who the individual is that''s feeding the media. It could be a Mr. Takahashi  from Japan or Ahmed Abdullah from Sudan or, as in Waghorn''s example, Carson Yeung. Steve Bruce''s take was that the indecision that the Yeung approach created would give less job security to Bruce and make his job of trying to help Birmingham stay afloat more difficult. It turns out that Bruce''s judgement was not far off the mark. You see, when it comes to principle, the consequences of an action are more important than who the individual is that initiated it.

Now, I realise that it''s almost impossible for you Mr. Carrow, but stretch yourself please and ask yourself the question, as Waghorn points out, how would such an approach through the media do anything other than hurt our club''s ability to set things up for this season with new and existing players as well as allow the manager to do his job within the time frame he has available to him?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Mr. Carrow, are you ever able to join in a conversation about NCFC without almost always falling back on your obsession with "Delia must give up control" stance. Waghorn''s article does a fine job of providing examples of how numbers thrown around in the media can be harmful to a football club. Just for one minute, one post, one thread, see if you can think of that as a principle and then forget who the individual is that''s feeding the media. It could be a Mr. Takahashi  from Japan or Ahmed Abdullah from Sudan or, as in Waghorn''s example, Carson Yeung. Steve Bruce''s take was that the indecision that the Yeung approach created would give less job security to Bruce and make his job of trying to help Birmingham stay afloat more difficult. It turns out that Bruce''s judgement was not far off the mark. You see, when it comes to principle, the consequences of an action are more important than who the individual is that initiated it.

Now, I realise that it''s almost impossible for you Mr. Carrow, but stretch yourself please and ask yourself the question, as Waghorn points out, how would such an approach through the media do anything other than hurt our club''s ability to set things up for this season with new and existing players as well as allow the manager to do his job within the time frame he has available to him?

[/quote]

I understand entirely the short-term damage all this is doing YC, hence my post.  The question is why has it come to this?  And there is enough discussion and speculation on this board to keep you going for hours.  It could be that Cullum has tried the friendly compromise approach and, after 9 months, has got so frustrated that the only way he can move things forward is to apply pressure through the media.  We really don`t know.  I weigh the short-term damage all this is doing against the long-term damage and decline of putting infrastructure before the team.......which has boosted Delias` share value.....[^o)]  Have a think about it.

Short-term pain for long-term gain is what i am hoping for YC.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]from the artical.....Talk to one or two in the know, and the perception of City''s finances has already changed - people already believe the deal is done, the money''s banked; that Norwich can now expect to pay Cullum-esque prices. One, long-standing summer target went up in price by 50% on the back of a few pars in a national newspaper.[/quote]And this is exactly why the Cullum/Archant media splash was so bad for the Club. He may be a fan, but first and foremost he''s just another businessman.

Not only that but I am sure all other clubs are aware how thin our squad is right now and realise how desperate we must be to sign players - that will probably also inflate asking prices. Unless we have a stack of cash available right now we could be in big trouble.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]
from the artical.....Talk to one or two in the know, and the perception of City''s finances has already changed - people already believe the deal is done, the money''s banked; that Norwich can now expect to pay Cullum-esque prices. One, long-standing summer target went up in price by 50% on the back of a few pars in a national newspaper.
[/quote]
And this is exactly why the Cullum/Archant media splash was so bad for the Club. He may be a fan, but first and foremost he''s just another businessman.
[/quote]

So are Delia and Micky, Roger, Foulger, Doncaster..........etc, etc. Business people.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]from the artical.....Talk to one or two in the know, and the perception of City''s finances has already changed - people already believe the deal is done, the money''s banked; that Norwich can now expect to pay Cullum-esque prices. One, long-standing summer target went up in price by 50% on the back of a few pars in a national newspaper.[/quote]And this is exactly why the Cullum/Archant media splash was so bad for the Club. He may be a fan, but first and foremost he''s just another businessman.[/quote]He could have mentioned his turned down offer in November or even January but he didn''t.  The close season was the ideal time for this news to come out.

Good point.[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Not only that but I am sure all other clubs are aware how thin our squad is right now and realise how desperate we must be to sign players - that will probably also inflate asking prices. Unless we have a stack of cash available right now we could be in big trouble.[/quote]

It''s clear that whatever communication took place between the parties had reached an impasse by the New Year. When would have been a good time for Cullum to go public? Certainly not during the season when we scraped home to safety by a whisker. Immediately after the season end I would imagine that all the footballing individuals were away on vacation; this is probably the first opportunity that Cullum had to get negotiations moving again.

And it is impossible to make an omelette without breaking eggs, especially in the case of a hostile takeover. At least it does seem that both parties are no longer communicating via the media and the silence suggests that some talking is going on behind the scenes. I notice that even on the Pinkun website football-related posts are beginning to re-appear, so that has to be a good sign that the speculative frenzy is dieing away.

However, I don''t think we can ever go back to pre-Cullum days. The cat is truly out of the bag and it is merely a question of how the scene plays out, rather than what plays out.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

It''s clear that whatever communication took place between the parties had reached an impasse by the New Year. When would have been a good time for Cullum to go public? Certainly not during the season when we scraped home to safety by a whisker. Immediately after the season end I would imagine that all the footballing individuals were away on vacation; this is probably the first opportunity that Cullum had to get negotiations moving again.

And it is impossible to make an omelette without breaking eggs, especially in the case of a hostile takeover. At least it does seem that both parties are no longer communicating via the media and the silence suggests that some talking is going on behind the scenes. I notice that even on the Pinkun website football-related posts are beginning to re-appear, so that has to be a good sign that the speculative frenzy is dieing away.

However, I don''t think we can ever go back to pre-Cullum days. The cat is truly out of the bag and it is merely a question of how the scene plays out, rather than what plays out.

[/quote]just wish they would let the fans know wats going on.....but in this case this alerts every club that has a player we want that we have money to spend...lose lose situation... i think all the takeover talk is going to be kept hush hush until we have completed all transfers...lets hope we get some exciting sighnings soon