Sign in to follow this  
NIN

Peter Cullum

I''ll probably get shot for this, but whilst obviously it appears that Delia et al are not willing to sell their shares, (or give!!); why don''t the 25% - 30% who are supporters give their shares to Peter Cullum? He would be half way there, and for no cost. Just a thought....................

[quote user="NIN"]I''ll probably get shot for this, but whilst obviously it appears that Delia et al are not willing to sell their shares, (or give!!); why don''t the 25% - 30% who are supporters give their shares to Peter Cullum? He would be half way there, and for no cost. Just a thought....................[/quote]

While you''re thinking about it think about this. Isn''t your suggestion akin to to the hungry in Africa GIVING their assets to British Royalty.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="NIN"]I''ll probably get shot for this, but whilst obviously it appears that Delia et al are not willing to sell their shares, (or give!!); why don''t the 25% - 30% who are supporters give their shares to Peter Cullum? He would be half way there, and for no cost. Just a thought....................[/quote]

While you''re thinking about it think about this. Isn''t your suggestion akin to to the hungry in Africa GIVING their assets to British Royalty.

[/quote]

No its not actually. Its actually like English people paying a relatively small amount of extra tax in exchange for a huge investment in something that will greatly enhance their happiness and well being.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

No its not actually. Its actually like English people paying a relatively small amount of extra tax in exchange for a huge investment in something that will greatly enhance their happiness and well being.

[/quote]

Then two questions for you:

1) If there is such a strong united feeling about this from all fans why has there been no organised approach to pursue this suggestion thereby forcing the Boards hand and, more importantly....

2) If the fan base are all united in the feeling that Delia and company are being absolutely foolish in regard to how they are dealing with the Peter Cullum interest then why is there, similarly, not a fan revolt and a forcing of the Boards hand by an organised request by 20,000 season ticket holders to have their money refunded.

I would have thought that the above actions would certainly leave Delia and company in a clearly untenable position. It''s not happening however, is it? I wonder how many of you have had first hand dealings with acquisitions? Not many, I''d wager from some of the comments I observe.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The share price will sky rocket if this deal goes through, so there is no way I am giving them away. Sorry[/quote]

Geez....that''s refreshing Jim ( no sarcasm intended ). I wonder if Delia feels the same way?

The term ''put your money where your mouth is'' goes both ways you know. All you shareholders could have a major effect on the outcome here

[quote user="NIN"]The term ''put your money where your mouth is'' goes both ways you know. All you shareholders could have a major effect on the outcome here[/quote]

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Royalty didn''t earn their money,

OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then two questions for you:

1) If there is such a strong united feeling about this from all fans why has there been no organised approach to pursue this suggestion thereby forcing the Boards hand and, more importantly....

2) If the fan base are all united in the feeling that Delia and company are being absolutely foolish in regard to how they are dealing with the Peter Cullum interest then why is there, similarly, not a fan revolt and a forcing of the Boards hand by an organised request by 20,000 season ticket holders to have their money refunded.

I would have thought that the above actions would certainly leave Delia and company in a clearly untenable position. It''s not happening however, is it? I wonder how many of you have had first hand dealings with acquisitions? Not many, I''d wager from some of the comments I observe.

[/quote]

It''s the heights of summer and, hence the closed season.

Duh.

OTBC

" thereby forcing the Boards hand "eh ?It is not up to the board.It is up to Cullum to buy the necessary shares to give him a controlling interest.The Smiths own those shares.Curiously (or not) Cullum HAS NOT even bothered to contact them.Cullum has not made any approach. The ball is in his court.

Are you going to answer my questions from The Molly and Bernie in the Barclay to whether you liked Robert Chase or not, or do you do a Delia when you get caught out and hide away in a corner? You are such a question dodger walph. Your only input to this forum and knowledge of the game is about Delia and Ipswich-speaks volumes.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Completely off topic but Nine Inch Nails fans are about as rare round here as a binner with an IQ larger than his shoe size.[/quote]

guess i''m the exception to the rule then, I''m neither a binner or stupid, though im not sure which is worse!!!!

For those posters who are all too ready to "jump on" Delia and Michael have you considered, to be fair and balanced, applying at least a similar amount of scrutiny in the direction of Peter Cullum?

If he only made a nominal profit on the kind of financial resources apparently at his disposal he could pay off the kind of numbers identified by NCFC in less than half a year. Now, it''s true, he has made his wealth by being an acquisition expert but there are far more attractive opportunities ( particularly at this time in the economic cycle ) for him to pursue elsewhere rather than a Championship football club. I''m sure we all believe that his pursuit of Norwich City is driven by his emotional ties and roots and that, even if he were to double his offer ( and structured in a way that gets the clubs attention ) the difference would be small change to him compared to what one would think he could generate in profits elsewhere. Or would it?

Of course, it''s possible with the downturn in the financial business that a number of companies have really been caught out more than is currently known. Certainly, in the United States there are more revelations on companies in big trouble as the months go by. Many of these are companies that have made their fortunes over a relatively short time frame. Is it possible that some of Peter''s businesses have been found wanting and, being the shrewd operator that he is, Peter is/has been looking over the past year at other spin opportunities to make some quick money to offset those difficulties and NCFC is just one of them. That might explain why his focus on a quick injection of big money focused on players ( while still wanting control ), get us into the Premiership and then spin us off relatively quickly when he''s more than doubled his return. He knows this would appeal to those fans that are pre-occupied with results in the short term, ergo his appeal through the media.

Now, of course, I am just speculating, but the point I made ( I think legitimately ) is that I don''t see a lot of questioning of the Peter Cullum agenda. There is an altogether too quick an acceptance to believe that, just because someone is a local boy, he must be good.

So are you saying that he''s not credible, being a NCFC season ticket holder, got a box, and used to play for them?  As opposed to Delia, gawd bless her cottons, who once donned an scum shirt, scarf and rosette and who still lives in scumland.

So Yankee why don''t you enlighten us poor, deluded fans who don''t happen to like the current board, why Peter is such a bad person!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

So are you saying that he''s not credible, being a NCFC season ticket holder, got a box, and used to play for them?  As opposed to Delia, gawd bless her cottons, who once donned an scum shirt, scarf and rosette and who still lives in scumland.

So Yankee why don''t you enlighten us poor, deluded fans who don''t happen to like the current board, why Peter is such a bad person!!

[/quote]

Not sure if I''m communicating with the husband or the wife ( you may each have different views ). In any event, your attempt to "spin" what I said does not do justice to you, the point made, or our club. My point was made clearly and does not need interpretation. There should be equal scrutiny applied to both sides. I don''t see much questioning being applied on the Peter Cullum front. I''d like to see some. 

Yankee, I am sure I am not the only fan who has considered this and I am only small shareholder anyway.  Delia is the majority shareholder and has made another money to live comfortably. 

[quote user="Jim Kent"]

Yankee, I am sure I am not the only fan who has considered this and I am only small shareholder anyway.  Delia is the majority shareholder and has made another money to live comfortably. 

[/quote]

Yes Jim, and so has Peter Cullum by all accounts.

Yankee to be honest we both feel the same on this matter so it is really irrelevent, and I don''t mean that to sound nasty, it''s not meant that way at all. [:)]

I think at the end of the day all we NC fans want are answers, the frustrations you and I are seeing now are born out of the fact that the club has been so very quiet.

They say we are the best fans in the fizzy drinks league, well they have a funny way of showing us that.

I feel like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed bulls**t.  I just feel let down and angry at the lack of ambition shown by the club, and this is something that has been building up for a year or more, this last batch of rubbish has been the icing on the cake.

What questions are there to ask about Peter?  I can answer all my own questions, does he have the love of NC at heart, yes, will he be able to take us forward, yes, do I trust him more than the current board, I trust neither as trust is earned, however I will say that Peter bleeds yellow and green, and to me that goes a long way.  Is he good at managing business, yes lol well that speaks for itself.

What other questions are there to ask?

Truly no one knows what''s going on behind the scenes, but I honestly feel some fans have had just about as much as they can take of the current board, and we are two NCFC fans who are of that group.

OTBC

Yankee, the scrutiny of D&M is based on their track record of managing this club. 

When they first came in we were prepared to cut them some slack, and I think the same should apply to PC. 

Response to WeAreYellows49 & Fat Prophet:

I understand the frustration of the past couple of seasons in particular and, as I''ve said on another thread, I think it''s time for change. I personally feel that will occur without the need to dump on Delia and Michael. We need to be patient through this process. If Peter Cullum''s intentions are for the best way forward for Norwich City he will find a way of formally structuring an offer that cannot be ignored. I have had some experience on acquisitions and both sides need to have the ability to conduct their approach in a professional manner, conduct due diligence and ensure that, while the process is underway, keep everything confidential on a need to know basis, even including the negotiators or employees involved in putting the deal together. For example, it may be necessary for some people on both sides involved in the negotiations to have access to parts of the information without understanding the whole package. Very few people will ever know what is transpiring in totality until the process has clear legs to stand on.

Now, I was uncomfortable with the NCFC piece as far as some communication taking place with a select group of fans. My own view is that I would extremely surprised if significant details would not have been shared with this group. However, I think it was poor judgement on the part of the club to choose to have any communication with a chosen few.

With respect to my post on this thread, it does not matter what we "feel" about Peter Cullum, there is a need for due diligence to be conducted there too ( and it will be ), particularly because of the type of business he is in and what transgressions have taken place on the part of far too many in that type of business in recent times. I had direct involvement with the folks at Enron long before their absolute collapse. I do not say this to be pompous, but I had responsibility for recommending to our CEO whether or not we should pursue activities with Enron. Having studied their business approaches I was clear that we should not and advised against it. A year later their problems began to surface followed by the collapse. I was surprised at the degree of collapse but not surprised that there were difficulties in their business model.

Finally, Fat Prophet, using terms such as "fans we can cut prospective owners some slack" is fine as a fan on a message board but, when any change in control is to take place, fans cutting slack is not the benchmark for the decision. The current board is charged with responsibilities to ensure due diligence is conducted. I believe they will do that. I am sure there were those who conducted the essential checks against Delia and Michael before they took the reins and, regardless of recent frustration, over their full tenure they have been responsible people for the club. I think most Norwich fans and the Norfolk community would like to show the country a fine example of how to conduct change. Media is media, principal posturing is part of the process. Why don''t we just let events unfold without fanning the flames.

Yankee

PC is the real deal ask anybody who works in the city...

If you are arguing that due to the current economic woes this guy has lost his £1.6 billion plus fortune (which is not linked to financial markets btw) and has come up with a cunning plan to buy NCFC for £20 million so that he can make a fortune with NCFC then you have clearly had a mass case of NFL (Norfolk Fuzzy Logic) please calme down dear......

Why is everyone crazy around here?  He is a billion pound investor who wants to buy into the club he loves - period

Great call on Enron by the way pure class!

Milan, I''m perfectly calm and not arguing anything more ( or less ) than the points I''ve already made. I''m sure Peter is everything you believe him to be and, that being the case, he will advance this situation in the appropriate manner. It is his move next.

You are so wrong on this it hurts....

"It is his move next"

Let me explian for you

We need the money not PC

He has the money our board do not

Therefore most normal people wanting £20 million would role out the red carpet invite the guy down for a chat and make the deal happen

You and our board have an attack of NFL and try to run the guy out of town for even thinking that his £20 million was good enough to have control of the club

Deals do not happen on their own and our board need to get PC and £20 million into the club very very quickly

We are hungry for success lets match that with less prudence and more ambition

Good night for now will carry on the debate in the morning!

Are you from suffolk by any chance milan - you don''t sound too bright !Cullum wants to own the club NOT invest £20m or whatever fanciful figure you tiny brain has taken on board.To do that he needs to be the majority shareholderTo become that he needs to buy the necessary sharesTo date he has REFUSED to contact those that own the sharesHe has REFUSED to make a formal offer.You can scream and shout, throw your toys out of the pram but that is how it isThe board has NO powers over this. It is down to the shareholders.Why does he not simply make an offer and be done with it. That way there would be enormous pressure on Delia and hubby.That way we would all know what was on offer for the club.Until then he is no more than the other fantasists, De Stefano and the dodgy bookie

Milan, it seems to me that you need to calm down. Let me explain to you. It''s his move because however he has structured his input to date he has not made an official offer and, in any event,  the number he has suggested for players in exchange for control of the club through the media is not acceptable to the board. That''s the status, compared to your OPINION of what should be. Therefore, whether you like it or not or whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. I repeat, the next move is for Peter Cullum.

Correction: ( I just spotted a mistake on my part on an earlier posting when I stated, "I would have been surprised if significant details would NOT have been shared with this group ). I meant to say: 

Now, I was uncomfortable with the NCFC piece as far as some communication taking place with a select group of fans. My own view is that I would extremely surprised if significant details would have been shared with this group. However, I think it was poor judgement on the part of the club to choose to have any communication with a chosen few.

It seems extraordinary that such a simple concept is totally beyond the comprehension of some.It is now accepted that Cullum wants to control the club. It is a matter of conjecture whether the supposed buying of players is merely a smokescreen ie he needs to make sure that ''investment'' is protected.What is not conjecture and is absolute fact is that any company be private or public is controlled by the majority shareholder.Cullum has refused to make an offer for those shares.WHY ?