Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

fans have to wait!!!!!

Fans have to wait

07 July 2008

Norwich City have closed the gates on fans wanting to watch the players go through their pre-season work at the club''s Colney training centre.

Fans will have to wait until Thursday, August 14 - five days after the opening match of the new Championship campaign - before they are allowed in to watch their heroes train.

City players are away this week, going through intensive work at Nigel Mansell''s Woodbury Park Hotel in Exeter, and head off to Sweden next week for matches on July 19 and 22.

The first home pre-season friendly is against Tottenham, on Monday, July 28 with a match against Colchester the following Saturday.

But then fans will have to wait another 12 days before they can get in to Colney, ahead of the first home game of the season, against Blackpool.

Colney will, as last season, be closed the day before a match.

FROM EDP 24

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Fans have to wait

07 July 2008

Norwich City have closed the gates on fans wanting to watch the players go through their pre-season work at the club''s Colney training centre.

Fans will have to wait until Thursday, August 14 - five days after the opening match of the new Championship campaign - before they are allowed in to watch their heroes train.

City players are away this week, going through intensive work at Nigel Mansell''s Woodbury Park Hotel in Exeter, and head off to Sweden next week for matches on July 19 and 22.

The first home pre-season friendly is against Tottenham, on Monday, July 28 with a match against Colchester the following Saturday.

But then fans will have to wait another 12 days before they can get in to Colney, ahead of the first home game of the season, against Blackpool.

Colney will, as last season, be closed the day before a match.

FROM EDP 24

[/quote]Was Colney open earlier last season, I can''t remember?

[quote user="King Beef"]I think it was, definately not banning fans til Aug 14th thats for sure![/quote]

Cant really see the point in watching five a side footy anyway, and thatsif they all turn up! If not its cup fannies!!