Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Club is a joke!

yeah - just like worthy in the prem, we had 3 keepers - who played 2nd fiddle to greeno all that season, but when svenny was demoted after 2 games (unfairly in my view), all we had was the doc to play up front...jesus - makes u cringe doesn''t it...now back to roedy - its a piece of cake to get an emergency keeper on loan - if we''re as skint as it appears, why not keep marshall as no1, and the teenage keepers as reserve team players only, and if a problem occurs, draft in a reserve keeper...if marshall needs company to train, let him go to kings lynn or ipswich and join up again with james holman for training sessions - sorted...happy keepers, and roedy keeps his budget to spend on a decent striker...lets not make the same mistakes again!!!

" roder your time is running out get back here and find some player"Blimey, the bin boys are out in force tonight !Perhaps I could explain to our little cockney wannabe that there is such a thing as a telephone (there''s also such a thing as a dictionary*). There are even variations of these gadgets that I have been led to believe can be used outside of Norfolk.Some can even be used outside of the building without wires attached it seems as well.So maybe Roeder is able to conduct any transfer business away from his office.Not the same as leaning over a bar gate in rural suffolk I grant you.

* odd how so many of the anti club rabble have the same problems with spelling and grammar  .....

........ or not, maybe

Which happily excludes me.I am neither pro or anti board.Pro club, yes.That often means exposing closet binners..That often means upsetting them by mocking their simplicity.Not sure where you fit in here but I''m sure others will have a fair guess.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Which happily excludes me.

I am neither pro or anti board.

Pro club, yes.

That often means exposing closet binners..

That often means upsetting them by mocking their simplicity.

Not sure where you fit in here but I''m sure others will have a fair guess.

[/quote]

I feel and maybe I am wrong that you think my comments were aimed at you?

Not at all, it was merely an observation.

And who have to found out to be closet binners?  Please share as I am sure the rest of the forum would love to know, including me [:)]

i don''t take to much being called a binner half wit ive supported this club for 35 years as do

others in my house my point is a valid one your moneys paying for there joly  trip

remember

" And who have to found out to be closet binners? eh ?errr, Please share as I am

sure the rest of the forum would love to know what that means, including me

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" And who have to found out to be closet binners?

eh ?

errr, Please share as I am sure the rest of the forum would love to know what that means, including me[/quote]

Ralphus, are you a closet ''Anchor''......with a silent ''W''?

"  your moneys paying for there joly  trip"Nope.It belongs to the club.If it''s my money then why can''t I have it back after the game ?

I have to say I can see a postive side to the loan system if used well. Stoke are a good example of using the loan system (and Birmingham 2 years ago) but the difference is they then tend to sign one or two of the loanee''s (notably Cort & Shawcross). Without the loan system last year we would have been well and truly in the cart come the opening of the Jan window - Taylor, Evans, Pattison & Camara all did well pre-xmas. I think the mistake Roeder made in Jan was getting in 6 loan players which meant he was forever shuffling the pack to try and get them games. Even so Ched and Bertrand did very well and always gave 100%, Pearce did a decent job and even Gibbs showed some nice touches in the last couple of games that he played. Henry was rubbish and we were unlucky with Bates. Also as the majority of the loans post Xmas were kids I can''t see that they have taken up that much of the budget. Therefore, I have no problem with further loan players again this season although I suspect any loan players will be young lads. It is unlikely that there will be as many players loaned out in view of the 7 subs rule in the premiership. One thing, I think that Roeder''s history of successfully blooding young players will put us in a good position to obtain some of these players from the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.

Having said all this, I do agree that there are areas for concern. The squad is woefully thin and includes some "fragile" players in Chadwick, Fotheringham and Drury who have all suffered with injuries over the last couple of years. We have 1 senior keeper, 5 defenders and 1 senior striker. I would say that we still need a minimum of 10 players to get the squad somewhere near the right level. In particular, we need to get in a right back, a commanding centre half, a goal scoring midfielder and a couple of pacy strikers plus some squad fillers.

So far, we have brought in 3 decent players who generally most City fans have been pleased to see arrive but we need to see some more arrivals soon as the natives are getting restless.

I for one am fed up with people saying we have 6 weeks to get in more players. Next week they will be saying 5 weeks to go and so on!

Clearly, something is going on behind the scenes with Cullum and the Turners - whether this ends up with any new investment we shall have to wait and see. For the good of this club we need that investment. Without it, I can only see a season of struggle and after 3 years of stagnation we need to signs of real improvement this season - for me this has to be a Top 10 finish at the least. If we get the £20M then you have to say the Play Off''s should be the minimum aim.

Sadly, we the fans are currently piggy in the middle and in my view are being used by Cullum in his attempts to get a foothold in the club on the cheap and lets be honest it is working!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Absolute tosh!

We have never seen the Ashton or Earnshaw or Green money reinvested, however it has been bled away in loans (Apparently)

These players are not top class Jimmy smith (Crap) Pearce (Hardly played) Gibbs (Crap) and the other bod from Reading who was so un-influential I cant even remember his name.

We have been spun, lied to, cheated for far too long (even Adams cant explain where the money has gone) Every season we hear stories about this player and that and get nothing. We then go crawling to the Prem Clubs for there excess to barely make up a squad.

Teams like Doncaster will come here next year with no loans, beat us and then we will be given some dribble by Neil Doncaster about what a good side they are etc...etc... Just like Scunthorpe last season and look how good they were!!

Why did we argue about a pathetic amount of money over Taylor ? The man clearly fitted in and could of became a real driving force here.

I would rather see the money from player sales re-invested in the squad not the kitchen!! The side gets weaker year in year out with less Re-Sale value (we never buy any of our own players) Other clubs manage this on far smaller income from tickets and other sales so why cant we???

Maybe we cant afford to keep the Ashtons of this world, but we could at least re-invest 5 million of the money on 5 of our own players (One may just make the whole lot back?) Wages that you mention should not be a problem as we only have 14 Pro players surely we can afford 19?

As for the 16 Million debt, I just dont buy it. We must have the worst financial advisor going (Doncaster?) I swear they say that it is not profitable to run a football club at a profit??? I believe it to be something to do with tax hence investing in Kitchens!! How about some players?????
[/quote]

Great post, but stop beating about the bush, you need to get angrier! Hit that keyboard till your fingers bleed.

Seriously mate everything you say is bang on. I love this club and I don''t want to be embarassed supporting them next season but unless we get several good signings pretty quickly...

Our current starting eleven v Cov is ok in terms of quality we are just not allowed any injuries or suspensions!!MarshallSemmy Doc Shacks BertrandCroft Rusty Clingan Foth HoolieJamieI for one am now worried i was''nt as i truly believed that come the start of pre season that the squad would be taking shape nicely but suprise suprise NO!Why have we not signed GOW that situation seems dodgy to me please tell me we have more than 250k left in the pot??We still need at least 6 players (GK,RB,CH,MF,FWX2) shit now i am worried!

I do wish people would get it out of their minds that loans are a bad idea.  Just look at the 2 automatically promoted sides from last season - WBA had 5 loanees (several of whom are now staying), Stoke had even more during the season (including Shawcross who started the season on loan and then signed permanently).  Indeed, in the infamous game at Hillsborough, part of Stoke''s complaint was that they''d had to leave one of their loan players out of the squad in order to comply with the rules.  In the previous season, Sunderland and Derby had plenty.

The simple fact is that, if used well, loans can be a fantastic avenue into acquiring players that you would never otherwise have a cat in hells chance of signing.  They are a feature of the game now, and we will have to get used to it.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" roder your time is running out get back here and find some player"

Blimey, the bin boys are out in force tonight !

Perhaps I could explain to our little cockney wannabe that there is such a thing as a telephone (there''s also such a thing as a dictionary*).

There are even variations of these gadgets that I have been led to believe can be used outside of Norfolk.

Some can even be used outside of the building without wires attached it seems as well.

So maybe Roeder is able to conduct any transfer business away from his office.

Not the same as leaning over a bar gate in rural suffolk I grant you.

* odd how so many of the anti club rabble have the same problems with spelling and grammar  .....

........ or not, maybe
[/quote]

Still waiting walphy wind up. TROLL springs to mind and i think many are seeing it now.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Which happily excludes me.

I am neither pro or anti board.

Pro club, yes.

That often means exposing closet binners..

That often means upsetting them by mocking their simplicity.

Not sure where you fit in here but I''m sure others will have a fair guess.

[/quote]

If you''re pro club lets indulge in a little FOOTBALL talk Walphy, Fancy it?

Please tell me...step by step...how you would exactly go about running the club and make a profit? (It is a business at the end of the day!)

Funny how smaller clubs with half our season ticket sales and no recent Prem or parachute money have managed to do it!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Please tell me...step by step...how you would exactly go about running the club and make a profit? (It is a business at the end of the day!)

Funny how smaller clubs with half our season ticket sales and no recent Prem or parachute money have managed to do it!!

[/quote]

The above message is for ''Good Game Good Game''.....oh and Walph but i wont hold my breath with Walphys reply.

" are you actually an OBE?"nope, some saddo that masqurades as a seventy plus, non attending games, City fan with a penchant for teenage slang, expressions and a pathological dislike of our clubsuspect he also appears under other troll names

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]That often means exposing closet binners..That often means upsetting them by mocking their simplicity.Not sure where you fit in here but I''m sure others will have a fair guess.

[/quote]I think you do a very good job of finding the binners round here Ralph, and I for one appreciate your efforts.  What about people who say "Jehovah" can you find them too?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" are you actually an OBE?"nope, some saddo that masqurades as a seventy plus, non attending games, City fan with a penchant for teenage slang, expressions and a pathological dislike of our clubsuspect he also appears under other troll names[/quote]AW is technically an OBE and in the same way sir, since you are Normally Outing Binners may I call you Ralph Wright NOB for short, got a nice ring to it do you agree?

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]" are you actually an OBE?"

nope, some saddo that masqurades as a seventy plus, non attending games, City fan with a penchant for teenage slang, expressions and a pathological dislike of our club

suspect he also appears under other troll names
[/quote]

AW is technically an OBE and in the same way sir, since you are Normally Outing Binners may I call you Ralph Wright NOB for short, got a nice ring to it do you agree?
[/quote]

LOL Excellent!!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" are you actually an OBE?"

nope, some saddo that masqurades as a seventy plus, non attending games, City fan with a penchant for teenage slang, expressions and a pathological dislike of our club

suspect he also appears under other troll names
[/quote]

Whats up Walphy, getting a little hot in the Kitchen Sonshine? Fancy a chat about your football club? I know they won the UEFA cup once but i''m not that clued about them. Small town near Norwich i believe, rather close to where your favorite obsession comes from. Can you remember the Malsters Walph?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" And who have to found out to be closet binners?

eh ?

errr, Please share as I am sure the rest of the forum would love to know what that means, including me[/quote]

Yes please enlighten us thickies (normal everyday NC supporters) as to who on this forum are closet binners as you clearly think there are a few among the NC faithful.

[quote user="jetstream"]Ralph seems to think EVERYONE is a closet binner. Except himself. Methinks he doth protest too much! ;o)[/quote]

lol [:D]

This original ans subsequent posts are laughable in terms of how many wrong assumptions you make. I''m sure you have a valid underlying point, i.e. lack of transfers, being a selling club, etc, but I think your using the wrong angle to argue this.

Selling Joe Lewis may turn out to be a bad decision, but at the moment his value will have only increased once someone stumps up the cash to buy him. I remember everyone having a similar opinion on Danny Crow (including me) and look at him now. It''s also well known that Lewis only made the squad because he happened to be available as he was on U21 duty at the time.

The transfer policy we have is in place to ensure the club survives. Unfortunately it is a fact of life in the Championship that you have to be a selling club (or bankrolled by a millionaire/billionaire) in order to survive. How many profitable chamionship clubs do you know of? The other option we have is to gamble and pay above what we can afford, risking ending up where the likes of Southampton are (closing parts of their ground to cut costs).

The whole point of loan players is to complement the squad in the hope that it gives the extra push for promotion, thus giving you more influence in signing such players whilst encouraging our best players not to leave. We are in the same boat as the majority of other Championship clubs trying to get out of the catch 22 situation we find ourselves in.