Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Some fans know whats going on

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

How about you guys who have opinions on the SCG call a meeting and invite the members of the SCG along and see who turns up.It looks like several members pop up on here me,TREV,FELIXFAN,YELLOWRIDER and certainly another but i am not too sure that she will come along.

Call a local pub landlord and book a venue for the evening.In the current credit crunch i am sure they would be pleased with the extra business.

No alcopops please.People of our generation only drink light ale and the odd glass of sherry.

[/quote]check-mate!!!

@ CJF

"One wonders whether ''Jetstream'' has another reason for demanding an apology. You wouldn''t happen to know one of the SCG would you??"

Yes I do, so what?

I don''t think that invalidates any points I have made.

[quote user="jetstream"]@ CJF

"One wonders whether ''Jetstream'' has another reason for demanding an apology. You wouldn''t happen to know one of the SCG would you??"

Yes I do, so what?

I don''t think that invalidates any points I have made.[/quote]It explains a lot.

Yes, it explains that I know about the hours they put in for free and how they don''t deserve to be singled out for criticism in this way.

personally i think a deal has already been done but announcing it would alert other clubs and we''d be paying double prices for years. By keeping quiet it allows us to grab us some decent players at average prices. ssssshhhhhhh

[quote user="jetstream"]Yes, it explains that I know about the hours they put in for free and how they don''t deserve to be singled out for criticism in this way.[/quote]Apart from the Elite fans and Superfans comedy remarks my problem is that the club apparantly told these guys stuff relating to the Cullum bid/non bid that us ordinary fans were not to be told. That is all.  No problem with any of the superfans involved, even those with links to yourself.As for demanding an apology.  Just standard human behaviour for someone in your situation... [^o)]

Sorry this has really been done to death, but I would like to return to the criticism of Fan''s Eye by Jetstream and sxcanaree.

Firstly the front page aspect was no more than the Daily Mail do on the lastest cosmetic article, or the NOTW on what is going on in Big Brother, hardly headline stuff but an in-house ad, which it does for Fan''s Eye every few months.

As for any apology the sheer number of posts on all the message boards and the interest generated in discussions in pubs and houses shows that there was a point to be made, and let us remember a point that was towards the bottom of the article.

So the question is do the "friends" that were referred to require an apology as they have been put in an awkward position?  If not then they are happy that what was reported as said, did occur and as such definitely no apology needed.

Personally I would like to than Adam (Fan''s Eye) for bringing this out into the public domain, and hope that it does some good in helping to reform the poor public relations that the Club has carried out in recent times.

Agreed :o) . One of the downsides of the advent of the internet has been the demise of hard copy fanzines, and I think it is important for the likes of Fans Eye and previously Richard Balls to help fill the gap by penning quality independent view points in local newspapers. Adam Aitken has at no time in this article directed criticism at any individuals in the SCG, rather the existence and the set up of the thing. It would be a shame if he felt inhibited by some of the reaction to his piece by some of the stuff on this message board, as I for one look forward to that type of thought provoking journalism.