Sign in to follow this  
Pincer

David Bentley

A very reliable source of mine has informed me that David Bentley is on his way to Norwich on a season long loan. Don''t know how many of you have seen him but he''s quality and I can''t beleive Wenger is letting him go.....but it''s not like he''s short of good players so maybe I can see the logic behind it.

Iv''e also heard this about David Bentley. He would be a fantastic signing if this is true. He really stood out for Arsenal reserves in the cup games this season. Am i right in thinking he even scored a beauty against old flapper marshall? These are the sort of players we should be going for rather than the money grabbing old timers like petit and sheringham.

Is this reliable source your mates sister who knows someone who works at Carrow Road?

I would be very pleased to see Bentley come on loan, as long as his wages aren''t too high as he''s not proven yet at the highest level. He just has potential at the moment.

Don''t forget that Forrsells success at Brum on a season loan is due to the fact he had already played quite a bit for Chelsea and scored a hatful for Palace.

Actually I got my information from my mate''s sister''s husband''s first wife''s stepfather..........who works at Carrow Road.

I have been saying for weeks about us getting bentley from arsenal he is meant to be playing tonight against pompey not sure if that game is on sky or not?

Makes a lot of sense from our perspective (young, low wages, lot to prove) and his (chance to shine a la Pennant). Saw a story the other day that Bentley was "unhappy" at the signing of Van Persie who can play in his position. Fingers crossed.

I have just read that Wenger is looking to send him out on a seasons loan to gain first team experience so that could be some substance to the rumour - but I am sure there will be plenty of competition from other premier clubs.

However do we want to take on an unproven talent when we have our own (Jarvis) waiting to be used? In a key season where it is essential that first choice 11 contribute as premier players can we wait for a good youngster to develop to the required standard.

I accept some risks will be taken but are we better to go with some experience rather than pin our tail on a possible hope? Crouch v Bentley? - Crouch wins for me, as would Ricketts given that. However if NW does sign him then I will as usual trust his judgement.

OTBC

I would happily see Jarvis & Hendo go out on loan, if can bring bring in some ''stronger'' players. They are our future, but need 1st team footy which I can''t imagine they will get next year.

Bring on the Bentley!

Having watched the Portsmouth game last night I am now convinced that Bentley is not the right player for us. He did display one or two nice touches but overall he was clearly out of his depth. The boy needs a season playing regularly to improve his game - on last nights display I would say this should be at Div 1 and not prem level. Forsell spent a season at Palace and then in Germany before he was really ready for the prem - I think Bentley needs the same.

If city are going to sign someone they have to be able to deliver something this coming season - we cant be a development opportunity for the bigger clubs unless we are in Div 1 - a club that fine tunes a player (back to Forsell & Bham) would be different altogether.

A bit more experience than this in our signings please.

OTBC
Champions Div 1 2003-04

Agreed Zipper, he''s not the answer to our right. But to be fair he''s not a right sided midfielder, he''s a striker. It would be like putting Leon out on the wing, he wouldn''t be as effective. I''d like us to get him though. Virtually no experience so will want to prove himself. I''d have said we''d need another striker and one with little wages and keen to play at the top level would be ideal.

just reading the 606 message boards:

I heard a rumour that Pennant will be on a year long loan at Norwich City next year.
They will also try to loan Joe Cole from Chelsea for the season.

I can (maybe) see Pennant coming for a loan, but i think Joe Cole is just cookoo land thinking really!!!

i watched bentley last night he really didnt look that good,i would have thought that we would be better off with jarvis and hendo,but pennant i would certainly take