Sign in to follow this  
Match Day Pie

Grant to West Brom as first team coach

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

Good luck Granty - you''re a decent bloke and always meant well when you were here. Nice to see you back in football again.

[/quote]absolutely, walked away with head held high, unlike previous managers...good on yer pete and good luck?<>

Always think he could go on to be a good manager, too. You learn from your mistakes, and he made lots here, but he definately has potential to be a good manager.

Agreed, i would have loved to have seen him try out management perhaps in a lower league if thats the career path he truly wants, which it must be, otherwise he wouldn''t have managed us. Has good future potential.

No doubting what so ever he is a great coach, shame it never worked out for him, all the best to him.

[quote user="ob1"]Always think he could go on to be a good manager, too. You learn from your mistakes, and he made lots here, but he definately has potential to be a good manager.
[/quote]

Possibly - but will have to cut out the verbal diarrhoea first though!

Best of luck to him. He did the honourable thing when he realised he was out of his depth in management.

[quote user="National express super guard"]agreed, although I said some harsh things about his management there''s no doubting hes a good coach
[/quote]

Absolutely agree.  Good luck Granty. 

Weren''t West Brom interested in taking him as a coach soon after he left us?  I wonder if the delay was due to him needing a break or lacking confidence in his ability or anything else?  Whatever it was, it''s good to see him back in football and straight to the premiership too.  Whetever''s been said about Grant, you can''t deny the passion he felt for the club.

[quote user="sig"]Weren''t West Brom interested in taking him as a coach soon after he left us?  I wonder if the delay was due to him needing a break or lacking confidence in his ability or anything else?  Whatever it was, it''s good to see him back in football and straight to the premiership too.  Whetever''s been said about Grant, you can''t deny the passion he felt for the club.[/quote]

I walked past him and his son in House of Frasier in the City on Saturday afternoon. Looked a bit on the skinny side so must have been keeping his fittness levels up.

A good move for him and good luck from me!

lets hope he takes some of his dross signings with him

no offence to Granty but made some awful transfer moves, good luck to him in his new role

Just like Barry Skipper before him, absence makes the heart grow fonder and Peter Grant is now bad boy turned good [;)]

I think Gary Megson did just as badly for us as Peter Grant did in his first manager''s role. And Megson seems to be doing all right for himself now. I don''t think most people rate Megson, and I''m one of them, but people at WBA, Leicester and Bolton certainly seem happy to pay his wages. So it wouldn''t be  abig surprise to see Grant in a similar position some time over the next few years.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Good luck to him I really wanted to see him suceed here but when our board sold all the best players and replaced them with players we had originally sold ie Cureton and Russell he was in a no win situation.[/quote]

you''re not seriously suggesting the singing of Cureton and Russel were the problem, are you?

it was people like Fozzy, Lappin, Brellier, and the other''s no one remembers that were (and some still are) the problem!

not a manager thats obvious but you cant doubt his ability as a coach.

Promotion with Bournemouth, Reading and Promotion and a cup final at Wet sham.... good luck to him i say

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Just like Barry Skipper before him, absence makes the heart grow fonder and Peter Grant is now bad boy turned good [;)]

[/quote]

What like Andy Marshall NN? [:)]

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What like Andy Marshall NN? [:)]

[/quote]

I think Andy Marshall''s only hope would be if posters found out he was Peter Cullum''s love child[;)]