Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

My Whole RIGTERS conversation

Like I said, it IS RIGTERS..... from the mouth of the person that told me about the trialists 48 HOURS before it was confirmed by the club.

I dont know whether we have agreed terms with Blackburn or Rigters, but if he is training with us then we know that all parties involved are at least trying to reach a deal even if one hasnt been reached yet.  Rigters is on a lot of money at Blackburn...... Not quite the 20k that was reported, but well over 10k....... and thats a lot of money, Apparently Roeder has put a wage cap of 8k in place, which is what Fozzys new one year deal is for (he was offered 10k at Charlton, hence only signing for a year), until we get out of the division.  I personally support this wage cap, which is high enough to attract good enough players without bankrupting the club.  Gary Doherty was on 9k last season, he was offered 7k to stay, Doherty was not happy with this looked elsewhere, but, as Roeder has previously suggested, Doherty didnt find his 9k anywhere.

Roeder has many other transfer targets, particularly strikers of varying abilities and many not disclosed or speculated, I was not told who these were.

Alan Gows transfer has stalled as Roeder believes that he can get a better player for the money and terms (suggesting that a specific transfer target has been identified) and Roeder and Co were a little dissapointed with Alan Gows lack of flexability in his terms, in particular his weekly wage and other specifics, which made him come across as somebody that was more interest in his wealth than playing football in this league.  The deal is in no means off quite yet, with neither party fully decided yet, but Gow is looking at other options, as are the club.

Thanks ryan, some good information there.  You''ve never come

across as a wind-up merchant so I''ll trust your word for now,

particularly in light of the reported video clip... Also glad to see

Roeder isn''t going to be taken to the cleaners and get any old

player.  If Gow is more interested in cash then its "toodle-oo"

from me and "hello" to Rigters[:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Thanks ryan, some good information there.  You''ve never come across as a wind-up merchant so I''ll trust your word for now, particularly in light of the reported video clip... Also glad to see Roeder isn''t going to be taken to the cleaners and get any old player.  If Gow is more interested in cash then its "toodle-oo" from me and "hello" to Rigters[:)]
[/quote]If Rigters was on well over 10 th at Blackburn it''s doubtful if he will sign for 8 th here. Maybe the Cullum agreement is the key and the 8th ceiling is changed.

[quote user="ryank"]

Like I said, it IS RIGTERS..... from the mouth of the person that told me about the trialists 48 HOURS before it was confirmed by the club.

I dont know whether we have agreed terms with Blackburn or Rigters, but if he is training with us then we know that all parties involved are at least trying to reach a deal even if one hasnt been reached yet.  Rigters is on a lot of money at Blackburn...... Not quite the 20k that was reported, but well over 10k....... and thats a lot of money, Apparently Roeder has put a wage cap of 8k in place, which is what Fozzys new one year deal is for (he was offered 10k at Charlton, hence only signing for a year), until we get out of the division.  I personally support this wage cap, which is high enough to attract good enough players without bankrupting the club.  Gary Doherty was on 9k last season, he was offered 7k to stay, Doherty was not happy with this looked elsewhere, but, as Roeder has previously suggested, Doherty didnt find his 9k anywhere.

Roeder has many other transfer targets, particularly strikers of varying abilities and many not disclosed or speculated, I was not told who these were.

Alan Gows transfer has stalled as Roeder believes that he can get a better player for the money and terms (suggesting that a specific transfer target has been identified) and Roeder and Co were a little dissapointed with Alan Gows lack of flexability in his terms, in particular his weekly wage and other specifics, which made him come across as somebody that was more interest in his wealth than playing football in this league.  The deal is in no means off quite yet, with neither party fully decided yet, but Gow is looking at other options, as are the club.

[/quote]

Interesting stuff. I must admit i''m not at all excited by the prospect of Gow. Can''t really see him making any difference. Squad player at the best. A wage cap of 8 grand seems to ring true,hence the younger loan signings and Huckerby thing [although im sure hucks would of played for that]. I can see the point of such things but imo it speaks more of the volume of our current and dwindling finances with regards to shortcomings from parachute money etc etc.As i''ve said before, Rigters looked a great prospect when i saw him in the Dutch u 21''s when he was top scorer in the World cup tournement [or was it euro''s?] but i really don''t know anything about him since, so i really hope we''re not going to pay anything near the quoted wage''s if e sign him.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Thanks ryan, some good information there.  You''ve never come across as a wind-up merchant so I''ll trust your word for now, particularly in light of the reported video clip... Also glad to see Roeder isn''t going to be taken to the cleaners and get any old player.  If Gow is more interested in cash then its "toodle-oo" from me and "hello" to Rigters[:)]
[/quote]If Rigters was on well over 10 th at Blackburn it''s doubtful if he will sign for 8 th here. Maybe the Cullum agreement is the key and the 8th ceiling is changed.[/quote]

In the long run it is better for some players to take a pay cut for their long term careers (see Huckerby), Rigters hasnt had any speculation linking him to Premiership clubs? and 8k is a good wage in this division..... a 10/12k contract for 12 months is worth less than an 8k contract for 3 years..... especially if that year on 10k is going to be spent rotting in the reserves and being forgotten about?  Bonuses could be worked in as well, such as a bonus if he stays fit for most of the year, and a rise on promotion (like Huckerby).

In all walks of life their are people that are unhappy in their jobs and take a pay cut to be happier at work, in fact I took a pay cut once to get out of a job. To some people mental happiness is more important than bank balance?

Ryan, I am not doubting that Rigters is training , but it is Barul on canariesworld.

Anyway I dont think they would allow Rigters to be on canariesworld.

What a puzzle! Blackburn Rovers have just told us: "Maceo has recovered from his injury and he''s back training with us and the rest of the team this week.  We resumed training yesterday when the players met Paul Ince for the first time and he was certainly present because I was there."

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Ryan, I am not doubting that Rigters is training , but it is Barul on canariesworld.

Anyway I dont think they would allow Rigters to be on canariesworld.

[/quote]

People are not in agreement with that though are they ncfclad? 

[quote user="camuldonum"]What a puzzle! Blackburn Rovers have just told us: "Maceo has recovered from his injury and he''s back training with us and the rest of the team this week.  We resumed training yesterday when the players met Paul Ince for the first time and he was certainly present because I was there."[/quote]

Blackburn started yesterday and the footage was from last wk if im correct.......

[quote user="camuldonum"]What a puzzle! Blackburn Rovers have just told us: "Maceo has recovered from his injury and he''s back training with us and the rest of the team this week.  We resumed training yesterday when the players met Paul Ince for the first time and he was certainly present because I was there."[/quote]

Rigters had recovered from his injury by the very end of April, there was even talk of him being able to play the last couple of games for us in May, he was back in training with Blackburn ages ago.

Personally im pretty sure its not him on the video, but i know you have been right regarding the trialists so I do believe Rigters is with the squad.

But I think he is overrated and would prove to be a flock.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Blackburn started yesterday and the footage was from last wk if im correct.......

[/quote]

Yeh the footage was from early next week, guess that means that he isnt our player just yet then :-(   

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Yeh the footage was from early next week, guess that means that he isnt our player just yet then :-(   

[/quote]

*Last*

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Personally im pretty sure its not him on the video, but i know you have been right regarding the trialists so I do believe Rigters is with the squad.

But I think he is overrated and would prove to be a flock.

[/quote]

A flock? LOL.

[quote user="ryank"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Thanks ryan, some good information there.  You''ve never come across as a wind-up merchant so I''ll trust your word for now, particularly in light of the reported video clip... Also glad to see Roeder isn''t going to be taken to the cleaners and get any old player.  If Gow is more interested in cash then its "toodle-oo" from me and "hello" to Rigters[:)]
[/quote]If Rigters was on well over 10 th at Blackburn it''s doubtful if he will sign for 8 th here. Maybe the Cullum agreement is the key and the 8th ceiling is changed.[/quote]

In the long run it is better for some players to take a pay cut for their long term careers (see Huckerby), Rigters hasnt had any speculation linking him to Premiership clubs? and 8k is a good wage in this division..... a 10/12k contract for 12 months is worth less than an 8k contract for 3 years..... especially if that year on 10k is going to be spent rotting in the reserves and being forgotten about?  Bonuses could be worked in as well, such as a bonus if he stays fit for most of the year, and a rise on promotion (like Huckerby).

In all walks of life their are people that are unhappy in their jobs and take a pay cut to be happier at work, in fact I took a pay cut once to get out of a job. To some people mental happiness is more important than bank balance?

[/quote]You  said on your first post that Rigters was not quite on 20k but well over 10k. This implies that it is certainly nearer to 20k than 10k. In that case say a 16k contract for 1 year and a new contract for say 2 years at another club for 10k a year would be sisnificantly better than 8k for 3 years here.

We don''t know that he is unhappy at Blackburn. He may wish to just go out on loan until his contract ends next year.

hahaha woops i meant crock.

But anyway I have already changed my mind after doing a bit of research and seeing him in action on youtube. Could be a good player for us.

I think Rigters jumped up a level too quickly, unlike Babel and Drenthe he was not quite ready.  A couple of years in the Championship and I think his undoubted talent would start to shine through.  I also reckon he could be the perfect example of buy cheap sell expensive, which is really what we need to be looking at closely.

[quote user="camuldonum"]What a puzzle! Blackburn Rovers have just told us: "Maceo has recovered from his injury and he''s back training with us and the rest of the team this week.  We resumed training yesterday when the players met Paul Ince for the first time and he was certainly present because I was there."[/quote]Thanks Camul. So we know Rigters is not training with us this week. Another source with incorrect info.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="camuldonum"]What a puzzle! Blackburn Rovers have just told us: "Maceo has recovered from his injury and he''s back training with us and the rest of the team this week.  We resumed training yesterday when the players met Paul Ince for the first time and he was certainly present because I was there."[/quote]Thanks Camul. So we know Rigters is not training with us this week. Another source with incorrect info.[/quote]

Not sure anyone has claimed he is training with us this week. The claim is that he was training with us last week and was inadvertently shown on the video of the players in pre-season training.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="camuldonum"]What a puzzle! Blackburn Rovers have just told us: "Maceo has recovered from his injury and he''s back training with us and the rest of the team this week.  We resumed training yesterday when the players met Paul Ince for the first time and he was certainly present because I was there."[/quote]Thanks Camul. So we know Rigters is not training with us this week. Another source with incorrect info.[/quote]

Not sure anyone has claimed he is training with us this week. The claim is that he was training with us last week and was inadvertently shown on the video of the players in pre-season training.

[/quote]Ok. However Ryank did say on another post this morning that his mate confirmed that Rigters was on the Canaries World video, which was presumably last week,

It seems to have been established that he was not. So his mate (source) was mistaken. This throws doubt on Rigters having been here at all.

Erm no what appears to have been established is that Richters is back with Blackburn this week for the start of their pre-season training. I personally am pretty convinced I saw Richters on that Canariesworld footage of our training last week. Is it not entirely possible that having been out injured for most of last season he has come back and trained with us last week before re-joining Blackburn for the start of their training this week? If so that would inidcate he is still well on our radar.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Ok. However Ryank did say on another post this morning that his mate confirmed that Rigters was on the Canaries World video, which was presumably last week,

It seems to have been established that he was not. So his mate (source) was mistaken. This throws doubt on Rigters having been here at all.

[/quote]Just seen other threads recent posts. Inconclusive. Therefore source could be right or wrong.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Erm no what appears to have been established is that Richters is back with Blackburn this week for the start of their pre-season training. I personally am pretty convinced I saw Richters on that Canariesworld footage of our training last week. Is it not entirely possible that having been out injured for most of last season he has come back and trained with us last week before re-joining Blackburn for the start of their training this week? If so that would inidcate he is still well on our radar.[/quote]Just read your post on other thread. He could still be on radar if that was him. Some say yes others say no. So????

It is claimed by one poster (ncfclad) that the player in the video is the french trialist Barul, many others disagree with this my ''mate'' has a good job at the club and claims that Rigters was training with Norwich last week, to be honest I havent even seen the video myself, I did put two and two together and state that it was Rigters was the one in the video (which has also been suggested by many) so I can categorically state that Rigters was training with Norwich last week (as per canoldrum he appears not to be this week, maybe it was agreed by blackburn that they would allow him to train with Norwich early, to catch up on fitness?) irrespective of whether or not it is him on the video, although admittedly I have taken this as it being him on the video...... it seems a bit of a coincidence otherwise.

The thing that amazes me about this thread is the fact that Donkerty is supposedly on 7K a week. I sure hope these figures are in pence!!The man is completely and utterly useless, to think we are paying that really upsets me.

[quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Erm no what appears to have been established is that Richters is back with Blackburn this week for the start of their pre-season training. I personally am pretty convinced I saw Richters on that Canariesworld footage of our training last week. Is it not entirely possible that having been out injured for most of last season he has come back and trained with us last week before re-joining Blackburn for the start of their training this week? If so that would inidcate he is still well on our radar.[/quote]Just read your post on other thread. He could still be on radar if that was him. Some say yes others say no. So????

[/quote]

So??????

No idea really where that takes us. Suggests to me that he is a likely signing if its him but no more than that. I guess in the complete and utter absence of any other transfer speculation this week we (or those of us who are off sick and bored anyway!) are left feeding off these scraps!

[quote user="ryank"]

Apparently Roeder has put a wage cap of 8k in place, which is what Fozzys new one year deal is for (he was offered 10k at Charlton, hence only signing for a year), until we get out of the division.  I personally support this wage cap, which is high enough to attract good enough players without bankrupting the club.  Gary Doherty was on 9k last season, he was offered 7k to stay,

[/quote]

Fotheringham on £8k per week? Doherty on £7k? Good grief! Good journeymen players but ....(What chance do we have of getting anyone really decent?). I trust these two each put in the performance of their careers this season.

Memo to Mr Cullum: as a "true fan" why not hand over a few million now for players as a mark of good intent? It could always be converted into a loan when you''re on board and I''m sure you could be given the final approval on who is signed...Go on - you can afford it!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]The thing that amazes me about this thread is the fact that Donkerty is supposedly on 7K a week. I sure hope these figures are in pence!!

The man is completely and utterly useless, to think we are paying that really upsets me.
[/quote]

Yes its a lot of money, his pay should be on par with Shackells (divide by two and you are close), but then we signed him from the Tottenham first team squad, whilst he was playing regularly for the Republic of Ireland, and we were in the Premiership.  Therefore his last contract was a premiership one, and although 7k is a lot to pay, we arent really in the position to lose a player of Dohertys experience at the minute are we?