Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Isn't this a laugh now...

Isn''t this superb!

Just felt like typing this up because i was reading it and had nothing better to do! Got it from the ‘Canary Preview’ before this season, written in ‘View from the terraces’ by James Bigg

Before 03/04:

“After last season’s blind optimism following the euphoria of Cardiff, realism has again reared its pessimistic head this summer. In what must surely rank as one of the quietest pre-season transfer scrambles in recent history (not including a certain England captains move), City have found it tough going bringing in new faces.

Our squad looks thinner now than it has for a long time, but the need to cut wage bills has seen to that. Youth will certainly be given a chance to shine, but I just hope we steer clear of injuries – particularly to either Malky or Fleming. Both Jarvis and Henderson look to have bright futures, but this may be on season too soon for them.

Sad as I am to say, I can’t see us finishing any higher than 12th. Our home form will keep us well clear of relegation worries, but I don’t think we’ve got enough goals in the side to push us into play-off contention. The competition will also be tougher this time, with the likes of West Ham and Sunderland coming down, and tough sides like Wigan and Cardiff coming up. Can you honestly see us getting anything at Ninian Park? Me neither.

Canary player to watch this season must surely be Zema Abbey. We’ve seen fleeting glances of what the big striker can do and with a full pre-season behind him and decent start, he could be the surprise package.

I can see both West Ham and Sunderland forcing their way back into the premiership at the first time of asking. Wigan could be the surprise team to join them via the playoffs….”

That’s enough I think. It turned out a bit better don’t you think?! Still, at least the bit about Ninian Park was correct.

OTBC – Champs!

As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Come August Mr Hansen, Laurenson, Lineker, Marsh, Stubbs et al will have our cards marked for a quick return. But as we all know the so called experts aint always correct a la "you aint gona win anything with kids" and Rodney marsh losin his hair cos bradford stayed up and Laurenson losing his tash cos Bolton stayed up.

I''m confident in a years time we will all be celebrating again.

Champione champione ole ole ole

Amazingly, today I''ve also been Reading that preview aswell but Rob Butcher has certainly got a pretty good Crystal ball. The prediction from him for the top 3 at the end of the season was Norwich, West Brom and Sheffield United. Yes ok he got the 3rd place prediction wrong but certainly was spot-on with the top 2 and in the right order.

I think James Bigg got his prediction spot on, at the time of writing. It''s only due to the fact the board finally decided to stick their necks out and bring in the class of Crouch and Huckerby that we did blast our way to the league title. Along with the other astute signings, especially the relatively unsung hero Francis.

When he wrote it he, alongside every other fan had no idea who we were going to sign. A friend of mine said after the first three games Rivers would definitley be our top scorer this season!!! How things change when a bit of ambition is actioned.

Well done James, but I''m glad it turned out so very differently.