Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Phillips likely to leave Baggies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/7495467.stm

Mowbray expects Phillips to leave  

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray says he expects veteran striker Kevin Phillips to leave the club this summer.

The former England international, who turns 35 later this month, wants a two-year contract but the Baggies are only offering him a one-year deal.

Mowbray said: "I am pretty sure his preferred choice would be to stay.

"But, at this moment, it is unlikely that Kevin will stay here. If there is a stumbling block that we cannot overcome then so be it."

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Irrelevant because he wouldn''t come here anyway.[/quote]

who was it who signed him from non League obscurity and gave him his chance at Watford? A mr G Roeder i think you will find...

Sign him up glenn

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Irrelevant because he wouldn''t come here anyway.[/quote]

who was it who signed him from non League obscurity and gave him his chance at Watford? A mr G Roeder i think you will find...

Sign him up glenn

jas :)

[/quote]

Fair enough, forgot about that. But a WBA fan was telling me that he didn''t sign because he was worried about money. If he was dedicated to playing in the Premiership he would have signed a 1 year deal that was offered but he wants to secure 2 year deal, so I can see him going to somewhere like QPR.

no thankyou, we need some good younger strikers to build around for the future......I wounldn''t be wasting good wages on a 36 year old

He would be amazing, he is four times the player Cureton is and would be for at least two years imo.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]I thought he had joined Birmingham..[/quote]last i heard they were talking and due to announce on monday, so perhaps it didn''t come off...could be phillips is looking for other offers to get an auction going???