Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Joe Lewis

Not that I have any belief in this whatsoever, but I heard today that West Ham were interested in Joe. Presumably as a number two to Greeno. Personally can''t see this one happening myself, but you never know.

Still, wouldn''t have thought JL is ready for the step up to the Prem yet. Not as a first choice anyway. Can''t decide whether it would be a good move for him though. If this is true and he is in talks with the Hammers, do people think he should stay or go?

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Not that I have any belief in this whatsoever, but I heard today that West Ham were interested in Joe. Presumably as a number two to Greeno. Personally can''t see this one happening myself, but you never know.[/quote]

Joes gone get over it.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Still, wouldn''t have thought JL is ready for the step up to the Prem yet. Not as a first choice anyway. Can''t decide whether it would be a good move for him though. If this is true and he is in talks with the Hammers, do people think he should stay or go?[/quote]

If there was truth in it I would say go.

West Ham are a big club and football is all about taking your chances.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Not that I have any belief in this whatsoever, but I heard today that West Ham were interested in Joe. Presumably as a number two to Greeno. Personally can''t see this one happening myself, but you never know.[/quote]

Quote from Bazza at Peterborough:

"Are you surprised darlin''? I ain''t.  If Greeno goes he''s a ******* shoe-in. (Sorry about the language, gal).  Now listen - this didn''t come from me, right?  Not a penny under six million.  If you''ve got ****** platinum you don''t take the price from the bloke down the ****** scrapyard do you?  See what I''m saying?  How you doing anyway, gal?"

We haven''t rung the dear chap but had we done I think that''s a fair stab at it.........

[quote user="Be Smart"]

Joes gone get over it.

[/quote]Worth keeping an eye on him though as his sell on could net us a very useful sum. We''re not talking a few hundered k as is usually the case. Suppose we have the same deal Crewe had when we got Ashton - 20% of any profit. Personally i''d like Lewis to stay put for another season and go up again with P''boro. That should inflate his value a bit more. Then he is transfered into the prem for £8m (not outrageous if P''boro do go up and he really shines and maybe gets some more England calls).  That would net us over £1.5m. So we are still invested in his future to an extent.

If Joe Lewis goes to West ham

then his sell on clause is to be waved as part of the deal for Peter

Grant

Why would the sell-on clause between us and Peterborough be waived as a

result of a (possible but unlikely) transfer of Joe to West Ham? Is it

still a little early for you?[:P]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If Joe Lewis goes to West ham

then his sell on clause is to be waved as part of the deal for Peter

Grant

Why would the sell-on clause between us and Peterborough be waived as a

result of a (possible but unlikely) transfer of Joe to West Ham? Is it

still a little early for you?[:P] [/quote]I think this is supposed to be tongue in cheek, based broadly on the ashton sell on or england appearance clauses being waived in return for PG. Not very funny, but then there is the point that that agreement was not very funny given how PG turned out! I think it was the England appearance clauses in his transfer. Bl**dy better not have been the sell on - we could still net £1m plus from a big money Ashton move to one of the big 4 which i''m sure will happen in the next year or two.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If Joe Lewis goes to West ham then his sell on clause is to be waved as part of the deal for Peter Grant

Why would the sell-on clause between us and Peterborough be waived as a result of a (possible but unlikely) transfer of Joe to West Ham? Is it still a little early for you?[:P]
[/quote]

Take a pinch of salt and read the post again, preferably with your tongue in your cheek.

Joe wouldn''t be ready for a Premiership team just yet, I think if a team like Birmingham or Reading snapped him up this season and gave him a few first team opportunities, that would do him the world of good, only time will tell.

It wouldn''t do us the world of good though as they wouldn''t pay more than a couple of mill for him now at the most! We''d get 20% of not very much! But there''s no way P''boro will let him go so soon after signing him when they''ve just netted an england keeper for 400k who will be worth more than ten times that if they hang on to him for just another season or two.

Okay, maybe its too early for me... I am kicking back the red bull this morning but its obviously not enough... maybe I need cocaine! [:|]