Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

We're lucky to have Doncaster

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]My brother (Yes I know another brother comment!) rents a flat in the new block that overlooks the club shop & Yellows and he sees Neil Doncaster arriving in his fairly average Merc around 7/8am every morning and he never leaves before 8/9pm and at the moment that is 7 days a week! I would bet that very few clubs get that kind of commitment from their CEOs!!! ONTB City! Keep the faith....[/quote]

Get real. This fella earns over 150 grand a year. Try telling this to a security guard doing 60-70 hour weeks for £6 an hour. Also i would argue this is the silly season for someone in his job and most CEOs will be ''on the go'' at the minute.

[/quote]

What a stupid thing to say. Doncaster is a Solicitor and has trained for at least 6 years and probably got into a lot of debt to become qualified. I don''t think you can really compare it to the average security guard who sits around reading newspapers all day and have zero qualifications or days training.

[/quote]

Nice to see you cant see past stereotype.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]My brother (Yes I know another brother comment!) rents a flat in the new block that overlooks the club shop & Yellows and he sees Neil Doncaster arriving in his fairly average Merc around 7/8am every morning and he never leaves before 8/9pm and at the moment that is 7 days a week! I would bet that very few clubs get that kind of commitment from their CEOs!!! ONTB City! Keep the faith....[/quote]

Get real. This fella earns over 150 grand a year. Try telling this to a security guard doing 60-70 hour weeks for £6 an hour. Also i would argue this is the silly season for someone in his job and most CEOs will be ''on the go'' at the minute.

[/quote]

Are you sure your surname''s not Scargill? Try making some realistic points that aren''t mired in bitterness and tiresome rhetoric. Let''s make your security guard chairman of NCFC then shall we? Get real!
[/quote]

[S][S][S]

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

Are you sure your surname''s not Scargill? Try making some realistic points that aren''t mired in bitterness and tiresome rhetoric. Let''s make your security guard chairman of NCFC then shall we? Get real!
[/quote]

He earns top dollar for a job he''s rubbish at. What makes you think other club CEO''s don''t work these hours for this money or less? I''d do the shift if i was on 3 grand a week! Also its been a very busy time for a man in his position, whats so bloody bitter about that? The point about security guards is that if a job needs doing you do it. ND gets paid good money to do his job and he''s no different to Tom,Dick or Harry so i''m not going to pat his back ,thankyou very much

It''s not a Stereotype (or naive Jas), it''s from personal experience.

You can''t really compare how hard a Solicitor works to how hard a Security Guard works.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

You can''t really compare how hard a Solicitor works to how hard a Security Guard works.

[/quote]

true.. but then a solicitor doesnt spend 12 hours a night on his own behind a desk.. he''s tucked up in bed with pipe and slippers by 10 pm

jas :)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He earns top dollar for a job he''s rubbish at. What makes you think other club CEO''s don''t work these hours for this money or less? I''d do the shift if i was on 3 grand a week! Also its been a very busy time for a man in his position, whats so bloody bitter about that? The point about security guards is that if a job needs doing you do it. ND gets paid good money to do his job and he''s no different to Tom,Dick or Harry so i''m not going to pat his back ,thankyou very much

[/quote]

I fail to see how your in a position to comment on his ability at his job?? He''s paid well yes, and I personally think it''s a thankless task, much like the job of a politician, as there are always ignorant people around to throw mud whatever he does. Whatever the result whoever we sign will never be good enough.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed Arthur, it was very Naive of Karl to post that!

[/quote]

Not really - he''s pointing out the reason why a security guard on £6/ hr is not comparable to a CEO of NCFC on 150k a year.

Sure, it''s possible to have a highly trained and educated security guard, but it''s not the average is it. If someone is highly trained and educated they''re unlikely to make being a security guard a career choice, hence those that are left are, on average less highly educated.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

So you''ve formed your opinion of all security guards from your own experiance? Well in that case i''ll never believe a word any club CEO''s tell me again thanks to my own experiance of our current one.

Erm...i think you''ll find most city fans are in a position to judge how good a job he''s doing and i''d say the fact he''s a little clap happy with the truth gives me a perfect entitlement to form my opinion of him, care to give me any good points about this man?

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Not really - he''s pointing out the reason why a security guard on £6/ hr is not comparable to a CEO of NCFC on 150k a year.

Sure, it''s possible to have a highly trained and educated security guard, but it''s not the average is it. If someone is highly trained and educated they''re unlikely to make being a security guard a career choice, hence those that are left are, on average less highly educated.

[/quote]

Spot on but some people do like to argue...

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on but some people do like to argue...

[/quote]

Never heard of students doing security work to make ends meet then?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

Honestly? Erm, no....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Also its a bit stuck up and pompus to imply that security gaurds are thick.[/quote]

I honestly don''t think he is saying that, he is saying that they have to work a lot harder which I would say is probably true. And they''ve had to work a lot harder to get to their position. Nothing to do with being thick or not, much more to do with application, I reckon.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]
Honestly? Erm, no....
[/quote]

Dont get out much then?

Perhaps mac, but they way it came across as if all they do is sit there reading the paper is a bit arrogant.

[/quote]

Yeah, I suppose. But I don''t think that that was his point.

Dont get out much then?

[/quote]

Nurse doesn''t let me....

How many students do you reckon would be suitable for the role of

security guard, unless you''re expecting them to put off intruders with

their smell and generally unkempt appearance?[8-)]

I have been asked to post by a friend that ND leaves alot earlier then 8/9pm everyday because he is always parked outside an office in the city centre at 5pm to pick up his missus, in his yellow proton.Maybe he just nips out in the proton to pick her up and then straight back to the office in the Merc.

[quote user="Duffman"]I have been asked to post by a friend that ND leaves alot earlier then 8/9pm everyday because he is always parked outside an office in the city centre at 5pm to pick up his missus, in his yellow proton.

Maybe he just nips out in the proton to pick her up and then straight back to the office in the Merc.

[/quote]

Its utter nonsense to suggest he does these hours all the time. As i''ve said, its silly season for these people at the minute and for 3 grand a week a lttle overtime doesn''t hurt. Queit why we should thank him for it and think ourselves lucky is beyond me! Lie you say duff,it seems more of a 9-5 job most of the time.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]
Honestly? Erm, no....
[/quote]

Dont get out much then?

[/quote]

Being a student Arthur I can honestly say no. My experience is that most woh have jobs work in shops or bars, absolutley none I know do security, unless you count being a nightclub bouncer.