Sign in to follow this  
Dan

City stand - Double tier?

If Peter Cullum takes over the club, how long do you think it will be before we put another tier on the City Stand. It would take the capacity up to or over 30,000. I can honestly say we would fill 30,000 week in week out if we had a very good team. Also it would bring more revenue to the club.

[quote user="Dan"]If Peter Cullum takes over the club, how long do you think it will be before we put another tier on the City Stand. It would take the capacity up to or over 30,000. I can honestly say we would fill 30,000 week in week out if we had a very good team. Also it would bring more revenue to the club.[/quote]yeah - put the swanky lower tier crowd in the shade (literally)!!!seriously though, great idea - if we gonna compete properly when we get to the prem under PC, we need at least 30000 each match.,/ and whats more, the ground development won''t be to the detriment of the playing squad><>

I would love to see us build on the City stand as I have no doubt that we could fill a 30,000 stadium every week if we were competeing for promotion, however I doubt very much there will be any more devlopment on Carrow Road untill we spend atleast 4,5 seasons in the Premiership.

Yes. It would look a classy ground. When you watch Norwich on tv it looks shit because the camera is looking at the city stand. They should put the bloody camera on city stand looking at Jarrold stand. Anyone agree?

The "Cullum Stand".  The "Towergate Stand".  Wouldn''t care what it was called if PC found the money to do it.

[quote user="AndyJR"]I wish they would tidy up the River End Stand - looks terrible.
[/quote]

Agreed, that Norwich and Peterborough sign at the top looks terrible

May I also suggest, that as well as sticking another tier on the City Stand, they get in the structural engineers to design a cantilever roof support for the Barclay and River End stands........Then, they can hopefully remove those appalling supports that restrict the views of some unfortunate folk inside Carra.

I do care you see, even if I do reside in the unrestricted viewing Snoozeyzone ''aka Cathedral Lounge'' in the GW City Stand......Anyone fancy a peppermint lump or want to borrow my snug blanket? Or can I offer free to a good home, some backdated edition''s of Country-life, Norfolk''s Affluent Factitious Folk''s - and a plethora of Horse and Hound''s, glossy magazines? 

[quote user="AndyJR"]I wish they would tidy up the River End Stand - looks terrible.[/quote]You don''t get out enough

Given current building regulations and the structural requirements of cantilevering another tier onto the city Stand I wouldn’t be surprised if it was replaced with an entirely new stand once the decision has been made.   

Also consider the South Stand also has the ability to take another tier, or at least it was supposed to, which gives the opportunity of adding to that, removing the City Stand supporters in the South Stand for a season whilst the new one is being built p[rior to moving back into the rebuilt City Stand. 

Furthermore it was always intended for the changing rooms etc to move into the South Stand from memory which gives further weight to this theory. 

Still let’s hope with some a major league new investment into he club it becomes a reality in the very near future, in the premiership a club of our size would warrant a  35,000 seat stadium which could be readily accommodated 

Just one more thought, if Peter Cullum does get properly involved in the club I wonder if R G Carter will be ‘delighted to continue our long standing relationship with the club’ after yet another exhaustive tendering process

With our ever ageing support base, it''s fair to say that we do need a bigger City Stand.  That way the snakepit regulars will have somewhere to spend their dotage when they are Dunrantin.

I hazard to think of the vewi from the top of a 2nd tier on the Jarrold :O

I agree with whoever said they should have the TV camera''s on the City Stand. Well, the view is good for TV from the Jarrold, but it does make our stadium look smaller than it is.

I doubt we will get a 2nd tier to the City Stand anytime soon, im not so sure that we would fill 30k week in week out, some games for sure.

[quote user="james norwich"]Had we managed a point at Fulham instead of being thumped 6-0 we would have had our double decker city stand.[/quote]

And the whole of the lower section, would''ve been a lovely big restyrunt......Can''t have enough of them, y''know.[:|] 

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Given current building regulations and the structural requirements of cantilevering another tier onto the city Stand I wouldn’t be surprised if it was replaced with an entirely new stand once the decision has been made.   

[/quote]I have vague recollections of an article about the capacity of the ground.  It said that the city stand could cope with the extra tier but I can''t remember how big it could be.  The jarrold can cope with a tier of 4000.

For a long while I have thought that the Jarrold stand was slowly becoming the front of the stadium ie with the reception round there etc, with the purpose of one day closing of the road which winds from the Barclay, past the snake piy to the club shop and building a new back to the City stand and a new tier.  I would guess that that road is part of ground as the public highway is seperated by plants.If we do hit the Premiership and crowds increase, we would need a new club shop, it''s way too small and I avoid it at all costs on matchdays.

Hi - I recall that the jarrold stand WAS going to be built with the ability to support another 4000 seat tier, but when the foundations went in, they realised it would be difficult for the ground support it.The plan - according to Doncaster a couple of years ago - is to build on top of the city stand (though I guess replacing the whole thing is a better option). But that it would require the club to establish itself in the premiership for a couple of seasons first.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="AndyJR"]I wish they would tidy up the River End Stand - looks terrible.[/quote]You don''t get out enough[/quote]You should do what people used to do with the old south stand...Sit in it so you dont have to look at it :)

Wasnt the River End based upon the design of the Barclay, or vice-versa?!

No one complains about that :P

[quote user="Largey"]

Wasnt the River End based upon the design of the Barclay, or vice-versa?!

No one complains about that :P

[/quote]

the river end was built in the 70''s with the Kevin Reeves transfer fee.

the barclay was built in 1992 and looks far better than the river end!

jas :)