Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Will we sign some experienced strikers BEFORE the season starts?

If its the Chris Martin who burst on to the scene in the early days under Grant then I wont be too disappointed.  However you cant build for a successful season with one experienced striker and a handful of kids.  Rigters and a big lump please, and get a shift on......

Nope. It will be Donkerty and Renton up front.    Bring it on.

[quote user="Dan"]Nope. It will be Donkerty and Renton up front.    Bring it on.[/quote]

Yes a la Roberto Newmonio, Doherty will be our traget man next season[:''(]

In view of Roeder''s statement to the EDP I very much doubt that we will - which is very alarming indeed. I quote: "It goes without saying that with Jamie the only recognised striker we

have to find a couple of strikers at least - a couple of our own and

maybe take one in on loan. I would be a lot happier if we had four

strikers to work with than just three, but at the moment we have only

got one." Roeder talks about taking one striker ON LOAN in addition to Renton and Martin. Good grief! I hope this is a smoke screen for some dramatic transfer activity because with Cureton, Martin, Renton and a loanee I have to say I think we''ll be stuffed next season. The Doc and Shaks don''t exactly inspire me with great confidence at the back and without a potent strike force up front it could be very dodgy indeed.

Jules, the word you should concentrate on is "find";

with Jamie the only recognised striker we have to find a couple of strikers at least - a couple of our own and maybe take one in on loan.

If players are already on our books we don''t need to find them...

[quote user="bunny"]

with Jamie the only recognised striker we have to find a couple of strikers at least - a couple of our own and maybe take one in on loan.

[/quote]Excellent example of why communicating in good, clear English is important, even if it makes you a bit of a pedant.However, I think the implication is clearly on transfers in - he is talking about recognised strikers.(i.e. those with good experience).

[quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]Hi mate.  I read that as a challenge to Martin and Renton to step up to the plate and be the two strikers from within - thus ''ours''.   I guess I could well be wrong.  Just hows how desperate we are for some good news on the transfer front when we''re forensically examining Roeder''s statements and how easy it is to trot down a blind alley as a result of misinterpretation. Any case, I certainly hope the news that Ritgers has been training with us is true!  Could be very nice indeed!

Yes, is the obvious answer. I would love to see Martin take off where he was at the end of the season before last.

I hope if Roeder sees fit to give him a chance the supporters are able to cut him some slack....

Everyone should start with a clean slate next season - and yet many seem to have opinions set in stone (even about players they have not seen)!

I can''t help but think of the summer of 2006, with only one signing (Croft) despite all the spin from Carrow Rd.

So far three signings and no strikers! What happened to the strikers being number one priority?

I just hope Delia & MWJ can do a quick deal to get Mr Cullum to invest (loan £5m initially before the open offer) quickly so that we can sign Ameobi and Evans before the start of the season.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

So far three signings and no strikers! What happened to the strikers being number one priority?

[/quote]

Maybe we are changing strategy - pack the team with midfielders and go for 0-0 draws with the odd lucky win to get us to the 55 points threshold?