Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Norfolk inbreds - that old chestnut

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="TomSlisz"]Lee Evans is the best comedian
[/quote]

the only comedian that can have me in stiches..........have front row tickets for his O2 show
[/quote]

sorry but was very very poor at Lowestoft Marina last month, almost embarassingly so

Funnily enough I was going to make a post today about who people have

on "The List" (aka "People I Want To Punch In Their Stupid Face"),

inspired by having seen Jimmy himself on the telly twice in one

night... most of the people I know who like him are the same people who

watch Hollyoaks and look forward to the weekend so they can get

"wasted"... says it all, really...

Other entrants include Jo Wiley and those clowns from the Friday/Sunday Night Project...

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

the only comedian that can have me in stiches..........have front row tickets for his O2 show
[/quote]

sorry but was very very poor at Lowestoft Marina last month, almost embarassingly so

[/quote]

im always surprised at the quality of comics who they get at the Marina.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Funnily enough I was going to make a post today about who people have on "The List" (aka "People I Want To Punch In Their Stupid Face"), inspired by having seen Jimmy himself on the telly twice in one night... most of the people I know who like him are the same people who watch Hollyoaks and look forward to the weekend so they can get "wasted"... says it all, really...

Other entrants include Jo Wiley and those clowns from the Friday/Sunday Night Project...

[/quote]

Why make judgements on peoples character over the kind of comedian they like EM? It was just a nice lil discussion about peoples favourites.

[quote user="king canary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Funnily enough I

was going to make a post today about who people have on "The List" (aka

"People I Want To Punch In Their Stupid Face"), inspired by having seen

Jimmy himself on the telly twice in one night... most of the people I

know who like him are the same people who watch Hollyoaks and look

forward to the weekend so they can get "wasted"... says it all,

really...Other entrants include Jo Wiley and those clowns from the Friday/Sunday Night Project...[/quote]

Why make judgements on peoples character over the kind of comedian

they like EM? It was just a nice lil discussion about peoples

favourites.

[/quote]

Eh? [8-)]

Clarkson''s awesome and the reaction to him by some good ole'' Norfolk

folk only serves to justify his p*ss-taking in the first place. 

He is a cantankerous git but that''s what makes him funny and he plays

on it to great effect.  Without him Top Gear would just be Hammond

and May talking about how great everything was...

To be honest, when traveling around the County playing Cricket in various villages, an outsider might be forgiven for thinking some of the local folk are, well, very Norfolk if you take my meaning.  [:)]

when my mum moved this way she said she''d noticed a big difference. I''m born and bread Norfolk but must admit we are a very strange lot........very unaccepting! A bit like Royston Vasey

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]when my mum moved this way she said she''d noticed a big difference. I''m born and bread Norfolk but must admit we are a very strange lot........very unaccepting! A bit like Royston Vasey
[/quote]

We didnt burn him!

Also EM prob an over reaction but you seemed to suggest that all people who like Jimmy Carr were a bit moronic. I like Jimmy Carr and like to think of myself as being not moronic...

[/quote]

[/quote]

you could of got front row tickets for his theatre royal show and saved yourself a trip *waits for you to say you dont Live in Norwich*

jas :)

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="TomSlisz"]Lee Evans is the best comedian [/quote]the only comedian that can have me in stiches..........have front row tickets for his O2 show[/quote]

[/quote]evans has also come out with a load of cheap yokel jibes bout naaarrrwich before as well - took the p@@s out of our ''welcome to a fine city''  signs...oh, ha ha- side splitting, not...

Cant stand Jimmy Car personally and a lot of that is because of his frequent Norfolk Inbreeding jibes. Such a cheap gag. Lee Evans also uses it too. Give me Billy Connolly any day of the week!

Also yes I know Clarkson too often jokes about us Country folk but that aside I often find myself agreeing with everything he says! If he ever forayed into Politics he would damn sure get my vote!

[quote user="Grando"]Marcus Evans - there''s a real comedian![/quote]

No, it''s got to be Arthur "Hilter" Whittle for me. His monologues about being likened to totalitarian dictators of recent history and current deadly despots such as Mugabe are really amusing. So, AW for me.

[quote user="Shannock Bob"]

Give me Billy Connolly any day of the week!

[/quote]

agreed! his story about the fly that has the heart attack is hilarious!

jas :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

me too, 19th Nov here i come, along with 2 nights in a 4* hotel on Canary wharf, thats me poor for a year.